"Official" 2018 Disney After Hours (DAH) Thread (Now Closed, see New 2019 Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are going 2/24-2/27 and the event is not offered during those dates. Is it likely that more dates will be added as it gets closer? Is it worth the effort to keep checking?

We are going 2/24-2/27 and the event is not offered during those dates. Is it likely that more dates will be added as it gets closer? Is it worth the effort to keep checking?
Is that over president’s day? No one knows for sure if they will add any dates, but from the past we’ve noticed they typically don’t have DAH during busy times.

But kind of related just on the opposite end of the day...DAH has not really been offered during times where 11pm closings are more likely to be on the schedule. It's been more of a 8pm, 9pm, and 10pm regular park closing type of deal... and by late March it's getting into Spring Break season with more consistent late closings on the schedule, roughly speaking.

That being said - with the way they've sprinkled in DAH dates this year in times we've never seen them before... while I think it's unlikely for late March... anything is possible! :-)

Well I booked the DAH for 3/7 now I just have to find a room with at a decent rate...early like POFQ but nothing available...

I have a transportation question. I have read back several pages and haven't found the answer. The DAH event is from 7 - 11 pm on our date. The Disney Parks website states that buses run from 45 mins before park opening to 1 hour AFTER park close. So does that mean the buses will stop running at 9:00 pm or 12:00 midnight? TY!

I have a transportation question. I have read back several pages and haven't found the answer. The DAH event is from 7 - 11 pm on our date. The Disney Parks website states that buses run from 45 mins before park opening to 1 hour AFTER park close. So does that mean the buses will stop running at 9:00 pm or 12:00 midnight? TY!

Buses will run until well after DAH and everyone is clear from the park. Monorail and resort boat transportation will end generally at their normal times after regular park hours (so will stop before DAH is over), but buses continue for the duration and after DAH. Note, DAH buses can run in non-traditional routes depending on the resort, so you may experience more stops than normal (that comment doesn't apply to all resorts).

Hope that helps!

Disney has, to date, not added new dates within a window of dates already announced. Meaning, they've been announcing 3(ish) months at a time... then some time passes and they announce another block of dates... etc. My hunch is the chances of them adding new dates within the Jan-Mar 2019 dates already announced is very low... but I've been wrong in my assumptions before so you never know.

Will PP be open for DAH on 1/28? I was under the impression that the ride would be down for all of January and the first part of February, but the WDW DAH page only mentions the earlier January dates being closed (up to January 24th). Any thoughts on this one? TY!

Guys, I am so upset! We are at MK for one day after our cruise in February and it’s one of the DAH dates! I would really love to do DAH but I already purchased our tickets for the day. Is this an option for upgrading? Can it be done in advance over the phone?

Guys, I am so upset! We are at MK for one day after our cruise in February and it’s one of the DAH dates! I would really love to do DAH but I already purchased our tickets for the day. Is this an option for upgrading? Can it be done in advance over the phone?

It is a separate hard ticket event. So you would have to purchase a separate ticket, not upgrade a regular park entry ticket. If you plan on being in the park all day, you need the regular admission ticket. You can’t get in before 6pm with a DAH ticket. So if you want to go, just buy the DAH ticket too.

Could you save the ticket for another time next year?

Ok, I went back to check Disney articles and blog posts when the new dates were announced and none of them mention 11/26..... but Disney's website now shows it and includes it in the event details. Time is 10pm-1am.

Not sure when it was added... but happy planning folks!

I am not sure if I just missed this/botched this when the new round of dates were added, but there is now a Monday 11/26 DAH date available on Disney's DAH page: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/en_CA/events/disney-after-hours/purchase/

Is this new news to anyone, or am I just out of it? :confused3
My DH checked when it was first announced and that date wasn't available. We will be there that date and he was looking. So you didn't miss anything it must have been added at some time. :thumbsup2

Disney has, to date, not added new dates within a window of dates already announced. Meaning, they've been announcing 3(ish) months at a time... then some time passes and they announce another block of dates... etc. My hunch is the chances of them adding new dates within the Jan-Mar 2019 dates already announced is very low... but I've been wrong in my assumptions before so you never know.

Just when I make declarative statements like this from a few days ago they go and add a date. Hilarious!

I'm done predicting anything about DAH. :-)

Just when I make declarative statements like this from a few days ago they go and add a date. Hilarious!

I'm done predicting anything about DAH. :-)
Haha I feel the same. I keep telling people they don’t add dates and then they go and add one. They didn’t advertise this one though did they? Seems a little strange to add a date and not say anything.

Ugh. So frustrated. I was able to book FP for the 7-10 regular hours with the DAH ticket, then for some reason Disney moved my Peter Pan reservation to 6, which made it use a regular day ticket. That meant I had to cancel a day of FP or lose FOP. There is definitely a love/hate relationship going on with Disney and I right now.

Ugh. So frustrated. I was able to book FP for the 7-10 regular hours with the DAH ticket, then for some reason Disney moved my Peter Pan reservation to 6, which made it use a regular day ticket. That meant I had to cancel a day of FP or lose FOP. There is definitely a love/hate relationship going on with Disney and I right now.
Yes it seems Disney is moving a lot of FP's this year. Anyone know why? I just had Tomorrowland Speedway moved from 8-9 to 8:05-9:05. No big deal but why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter