• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Official" 2017 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Boo to You!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's the TSA link which shows you what you can and cannot bring:
https://www.tsa.gov/travel/security-screening/whatcanibring

The bottom line from the same source "The final decision rests with the TSA officer on whether an item is allowed through the checkpoint."

Our experience took place three years ago and I'll never try it again. I'm not one who is willing to debate TSA over candy and food. And our candy was in zip lock bags and the food was in the original containers all of which were unopened.

I know I totally get this. But honest truth at MCO they not only took the candy but also our snacks from our Dining Plan. Basically our back packs were filled with food & candy and our thermoses were empty. They took mine & DH but DS wasn't even searched.

EDIT: We did not use carry on "luggage" we used backpacks and I don't see the difference.
:scared1: Wow!

I am sad that Splash Mountain is down. Mostly because I've been waiting 6 years to ride it and I likely won't be back till 2020/2021. I have only been on it once or twice and the Disneyland SM once. As long as they don't add anymore. I would have thought after Christmas would have been a better time for refurbishment seeing as it got really cold for the marathon and they had hats and gloves out on videos I saw. :confused3

Sure you can. You just can't take liquids in your carry on, so as long as they are solid you should be fine.
Lotion is a liquid, too....never considered this and had a bottle of H2O lotion that I'd purchased in a giant Disney bag with all my other souvenirs....TSA agent pulled it out and dropped it right into the trash can....:scared1:

I was almost in tears....more so from the cost of that "trash" than the loss of it.....

Here's the TSA link which shows you what you can and cannot bring:
https://www.tsa.gov/travel/security-screening/whatcanibring

The bottom line from the same source "The final decision rests with the TSA officer on whether an item is allowed through the checkpoint."

Our experience took place three years ago and I'll never try it again. I'm not one who is willing to debate TSA over candy and food. And our candy was in zip lock bags and the food was in the original containers all of which were unopened.

WOW. :eek: That was extreme. I just checked the food list on your link I think my favorite ones are that you can take fresh eggs, fresh meat and ice cream (as long as the ice around it has not melted) and even dry ice to contain it on carry on or checked luggage.

I remember wanted to check it was ok for me to bring my chocolate from my flight (UK) into the country and I double checked with an email and I got such a vague response on whether it was ok and to be safe I thought I should declare it or talk to the officers. When I got there (both times I've done this) they just looked at me as if I was weird and waved me on.:rotfl:

WOW. :eek: That was extreme. I just checked the food list on your link I think my favorite ones are that you can take fresh eggs, fresh meat and ice cream (as long as the ice around it has not melted) and even dry ice to contain it on carry on or checked luggage.

I remember wanted to check it was ok for me to bring my chocolate from my flight (UK) into the country and I double checked with an email and I got such a vague response on whether it was ok and to be safe I thought I should declare it or talk to the officers. When I got there (both times I've done this) they just looked at me as if I was weird and waved me on.:rotfl:

We've had such mixed experiences trying to take food in carry-ons travelling between the US and Canada! Sometimes they get suspicious of a muffin, and other times they've let me take a chicken/bacon sandwich. It seems to really depend on the day and who's on what's allowed both through security and customs. Fortunately it won't matter for our Halloween treats this time since we'll be driving.

We've had such mixed experiences trying to take food in carry-ons travelling between the US and Canada! Sometimes they get suspicious of a muffin, and other times they've let me take a chicken/bacon sandwich. It seems to really depend on the day and who's on what's allowed both through security and customs. Fortunately it won't matter for our Halloween treats this time since we'll be driving.

Wow you're driving to FL from Canada? We're in MI, lived in Daytona for five years and I thought the drive was a killer! Doable but a killer!

EDIT: MI to Daytona

Last edited:
Wow you're driving to FL from Canada? We're in MI, lived in Daytona for five years and I thought the drive was a killer! Doable but a killer!

EDIT: MI to Daytona

Normally we fly, but we're driving it this time in an attempt to make it a wedding road trip. 35+ hours, depending on traffic. We figure if we can make it the whole way and we both still want to marry each other, the marriage is bound to make it through anything! :P

from then on we put it in our checked luggage. .

Did the chocolate melt? I would think it would be pretty warm in the suitcase and then in whatever area the luggage is stored on the airplane. Wtih my luck I can just see it now - a zip lock bag filled with melted chocolate gooed all over. LOL.

Did the chocolate melt? I would think it would be pretty warm in the suitcase and then in whatever area the luggage is stored on the airplane. Wtih my luck I can just see it now - a zip lock bag filled with melted chocolate gooed all over. LOL.

No none of the chocolate melted. Just be sure to use Freezer zip lock bags and remove as much air as you can.:upsidedow

Normally we fly, but we're driving it this time in an attempt to make it a wedding road trip. 35+ hours, depending on traffic. We figure if we can make it the whole way and we both still want to marry each other, the marriage is bound to make it through anything! :P

So are you planning on getting married at WDW?

So are you planning on getting married at WDW?

We are!! :lovestruc My PTR is in my signature. We got engaged there in December at AKL, and we're getting married at Canada Terrace in Epcot in August (HOT HOT HOT!! Melting just thinking about it. Thank goodness for a morning wedding!) Fortunately for us (though I know some people aren't into the idea) they're doing MNSSHP end of August now, so we can attend! We're leaving the 27th so we'll just squeak by getting to the first party. :)

I never knew about the photo booths and I'm still unclear about them:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/photo-booths.3551848/#post-56564487

Has anyone done the photo booths and where they're located?
There's one in the Beach Club arcade that we've done. There's also one on the Boardwalk, one in the gift shop at the exit of Test Track and I think the exit of Space Mountain as well. Not sure if there are others?

ETA: I didn't read the article, so it may give the locations.

There's one in the Beach Club arcade that we've done. There's also one on the Boardwalk, one in the gift shop at the exit of Test Track and I think the exit of Space Mountain as well. Not sure if there are others?

ETA: I didn't read the article, so it may give the locations.

There was one in DHS in 2014. I remember meeting Mike from Monsters Inc. right after.

We are!! :lovestruc My PTR is in my signature. We got engaged there in December at AKL, and we're getting married at Canada Terrace in Epcot in August (HOT HOT HOT!! Melting just thinking about it. Thank goodness for a morning wedding!) Fortunately for us (though I know some people aren't into the idea) they're doing MNSSHP end of August now, so we can attend! We're leaving the 27th so we'll just squeak by getting to the first party. :)

Well heck, Congratulations! That's just awesome! Are your family & friends meeting you or are you all traveling together? I've heard of people getting married at WDW but I have never seen one in person. How exciting!

EDIT: You two look great in your avatar!

I did notice today my airfare has dropped from $399 to $103!!!:eek: :faint: Too bad it's Frontier and not Delta. I've seen $174 but never $103!

EDIT: The Catch - Carry-on & luggage Fees! = $323 RT NO THANKS!

Last edited:
One benefit of picking Goofy as a costume is that it shouldn't cost too much to put it together. Orange t-shirt, black waistcoat, blue shorts, green hat with ears, done! And so practical for the parks too. I can't imagine trailing around in the heavy CM costume dresses all day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter