"Official" 2017 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Boo to You!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rumor Updates – Have you Heard? :listen:

Tiki Room – Possibly closing - no other information available. Per @rteetz /Post #44/Page 3/Link:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/just-back-just-a-few-notes.3598751/page-3#post-57473082

Incredibles Dance Party in Tomarrowland – Gone by the end of April

Stitch M&G @ Tomorrowland

Mr. Incredible and Forzone – Added to Move It Shake It

Phineas and Ferb – Removed from Move It Shake It

Chip and Dale M&G @ Town Square and added to Move It Shake It

Per @rteetz /Post #5227/Page 262/Link:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/news-round-up-2017.3568094/page-262

Question for anyone who has been to MNSSHP on Halloween night. How terribly crowded is it? It's literally the ONLY night we will be able to go and I would like to prepare myself. Part of me thinks that it'll be crazy busy (like Christmas Day busy :scared1:), but then part of me thinks it won't be bad because it's a hard ticket event, and don't they only sell a limited number? Sold out is sold out, whether it's on Halloween or the week before, right?

For anyone who has been on Halloween, what was your experience?

Question for anyone who has been to MNSSHP on Halloween night. How terribly crowded is it? It's literally the ONLY night we will be able to go and I would like to prepare myself. Part of me thinks that it'll be crazy busy (like Christmas Day busy :scared1:), but then part of me thinks it won't be bad because it's a hard ticket event, and don't they only sell a limited number? Sold out is sold out, whether it's on Halloween or the week before, right?

It will be sold out, but it won't be Christmas crazy because, like you said, they sell a limited number of tickets, and that number is nowhere near park capacity. Disney doesn't say how many tickets they sell for parties, but speculation is that it's 25,000-35,000, and I believe speculation on park capacity (again, Disney won't say) is something like 100,000.

Tiki Room – Possibly closing - no other information available. Per @rteetz /Post #44/Page 3/Link:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/just-back-just-a-few-notes.3598751/page-3#post-57473082

Oh my little boy will be so so sad about the incredible s dance party! He loves the incredibles! Boo!

Thanks for the info. I hope the Tiki room doesn't go until after my visit. I never got to go into the one in MK.
I also saw that Moana has gone and there are some new Star Wars/Guardians meets planned.
http://www.kennythepirate.com/2017/04/19/rumor-round-up-character-changes-at-walt-disney-world/

I think most people are looking at it wrong, yes it will be busy but not at park capacity so planning for this is vital. A solid realistic plan will serve anyone very well. If this is your date then lay out a plan and post it here. Several people who have been to these parties will let you know what will or won't work.:flower3:

Thanks for the info. I hope the Tiki room doesn't go until after my visit. I never got to go into the one in MK.
I also saw that Moana has gone and there are some new Star Wars/Guardians meets planned.
http://www.kennythepirate.com/2017/04/19/rumor-round-up-character-changes-at-walt-disney-world/

I'd love the opportunity to see it again and perhaps stay behind after everyone leaves to take a ton of photos.
Yes, there will be several changes with characters so far the newest addition includes; BB8, Groot and Star Lord.

EDIT: Last year during the MNSSHP Tiki room became a Trick or Treat Station but I believe you were able to see the show during regular operating hours.

Last edited:

We're going to our first mnsshp this year on Halloween night and I was worried about the same thing! But after lots and lots of reading I think if you decide what's a priority to you and try to be flexible it will still be a great night! Are you interested in all the special meet and greets? The parade and castle shows? Or taking advantage of the short ride lines and trick or treating? This is the new plan I've made for us:

-Be at the gate no later than 3pm
-Get wristbands and head the Jack & sally line (I'm expecting to be in the line for a while so DH and I will switch off taking DD to shop or ride quick rides)
- Depending on what time we're done at J&S, go to monsters inc laugh floor (we'll be in monsters inc costumes and DD really wants to go) or get a spot for the first parade. Probably get something quick to eat while we wait in our parade spot.
-Head to Fantasyland for ToTing, quick rides and any short m&g DD is interested in
-Get spots for castle shows and fireworks
-Go to tomorrowland if we didn't have time earlier, ToTing, ride haunted mansion and any short m&g
-Last parade and castle show, rides, m&g, and ToTing to end the night.

Hey @FoxC63 what do you think of my revised plan? :wave2:

We're going to our first mnsshp this year on Halloween night and I was worried about the same thing! But after lots and lots of reading I think if you decide what's a priority to you and try to be flexible it will still be a great night! Are you interested in all the special meet and greets? The parade and castle shows? Or taking advantage of the short ride lines and trick or treating? This is the new plan I've made for us:

-Be at the gate no later than 3pm
-Get wristbands and head the Jack & sally line (I'm expecting to be in the line for a while so DH and I will switch off taking DD to shop or ride quick rides)
- Depending on what time we're done at J&S, go to monsters inc laugh floor (we'll be in monsters inc costumes and DD really wants to go) or get a spot for the first parade. Probably get something quick to eat while we wait in our parade spot.
-Head to Fantasyland for ToTing, quick rides and any short m&g DD is interested in
-Get spots for castle shows and fireworks
-Go to tomorrowland if we didn't have time earlier, ToTing, ride haunted mansion and any short m&g
-Last parade and castle show, rides, m&g, and ToTing to end the night.

Hey @FoxC63 what do you think of my revised plan? :wave2:

Excellent advice & Perfect planning my friend! You ROCK!:thumbsup2

That article that FoxC63 posted above about free dining...it mentions the promo will be open for bookings on the 24th April...does anyone know if room only discounts for fall will become available at the same time? Do they normally release them together?

I'd love the opportunity to see it again and perhaps stay behind after everyone leaves to take a ton of photos.
Yes, there will be several changes with characters so far the newest addition includes; BB8, Groot and Star Lord.

EDIT: Last year during the MNSSHP Tiki room became a Trick or Treat Station but I believe you were able to see the show during regular operating hours.

If it is still open during the normal park hours on my trip I will most likely do the same as you and get as many photos as I can otherwise I'll do the same if I pop in the Trick or Treat station if they have the same locations this year.

The character changes look really good and I'm excited for them, I just wish I'd had a chance to meet/visit the things being replaced first. :rotfl:

NEWS
There is another event which may impact your September stay, it's called "Spooky Day in the Parks" this is NOT an Official Disney event.

Dates:
September 22, 22 & 23

Summary: Spooky Day in the parks ia a two day meet up event for fans that have a “Villainous” side. A mixture of Theme Park Gatherings, Special VIP events, a bizzarre full of merchandise to fulfill your dark side and much more! Our goal is to see you all dressed in your best wicked attire. Be it dark or fun, we are dying to see your personal style as we step out for this wicked weekend.

Location: There will be multiple locations for our many outings and events, but our central location will be the Coronado Springs Resort at Disney. Other gatherings are already scheduled to take place at MK and Disney Studios Tower of Terror.

Hotel: Special room rates at Coronado Springs Will be available for the event.

upload_2017-4-23_15-48-52.png

Here's a link for those interested:
http://www.chipandco.com/fan-event-spooky-day-parks-coming-walt-disney-world-266454/

Thankfully DD picked an extremely easy costume, Boo from monsters inc in her regular clothes. So a pair of light purple cropped leggings, oversized pink t shirt, white socks with her sneakers and I'll put her hair up in pig tails.
I'll have to tap into my artsy side for DH and I. I'm planning to get a green t shirt for me and a blue one for him. Paint purple furry spots on his and attempt to paint a big eye and mouth on mine. I'm also planning to buy the Monsters university baseball cap from the Disney store that Mike wears in the movie, and then we'll wear shorts and call it a day!
I can't wait to see everyone else's costumes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter