******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure the answers are somewhere in this thread but wow, it's a lot of reading. Has it been essentially confirmed that mods are getting the QS plan?

No! Nothing can be confirmed until the deal drops. It's still speculation, but a strong one.

If I have a summer room discount reservation, will I be able to modify it online providing there is availability for FD, or does it have to be just a regular package booked and not the summer discount. I know some say that if you have Memory maker added it makes it more difficult to modify, would that be true also for the summer room discount being added?

You would have to lose your summer offer to add the free dining. As for if you can do it online, it seems different for people. I have the option to choose or change an offer added to my reservation, but others don't have this and need to call in.

First time poster who is planning on taking advantage of FD and who has taken advantage of it in the past with a family of 5. I haven't read through this whole thread so this may have already been discussed, but if I were a waiter/waitress at any of the TS restaurants I would be very disappointed in my employer for only offering QS meals to MOD resorts. I don't know about the rest of you, but I tend to tip pretty big when having a sit down meal with my family of 5. That's a lot of lost income for those waiter/waitresses that just can't and won't be made up. 25% of a $200.00 meal is $50.00. multiply that by all the families staying at mods and taking advantage of FD and pretty soon your talking some real money. We'll still go this fall but shame on you Disney for not looking out for your employees if this rumor is true. They will pay more of a price than I will no doubt. It's like getting a bonus every year and counting on that as part of your income, only to have it taken away.

We shifted to Coronado Springs from POR this morning.

We figure we're going to get more of a deal at Coronado, the amenities will still be available over there, and we can afford it even without any discounts whatsoever.

Less stressful for both of us. :sunny:

Don't you have the $75 GC's from CBR?
If you're pricing out 2 values against CBR, minus $75 per night, then yeah, it's definitely going to cost a lot more.

Sadly, there's not as many options with families of 5. CSR only sleeps 4 in standard/preferred categories, but I wonder if this will change as they are currently undergoing room renovations?

Yes, I have he gift cards :)

This is probably one of the most misunderstood, confusing aspects of the "MORE" ticket.

The "MORE" is separate from the other in this way: Let's say you have a 5-day park hopper PLUS (more) ticket. You do have 5 days to enjoy the regular parks with hopping all around. You also have 5 entrances to the "more or plus" options. NOTE: you do NOT have 5 DAYS of "more;" you only have 5 entrances. So if you go to both water parks on the same day, you have used 2 of your 5. If you go to one water park on 2 separate days, you have used 2 of your 5. You can go to the regular parks and a water park on the same day, and you will have used 1 day of your 5 day parks and 1 of your 5 entrances.

Got it?
Yes. I got it now. Thanks so much for clarifying

I have a question to get free dining do your park days have to match you hotel nights we are staying 9 days 8 nights but only getting park passes for 7 days?

Historically the offer is not released earlier to DVisa holders but they usually get extra dates that free dining covers compared to GP.

Actually, historically it WAS dropped early for Visa holders, by about 5 days or so. It's only the past year or two that that didn't happen. And I think last year was the first time that Visa members actually had more eligible dates than others.

Tell me more...
Tell me more...
Absolutely. HOW much are fallroom
Yo don't have to buy park hopper for the length of your stay, just the length of your ticket. E.g. We have an 8 night stay but are only buying park tickets for 4 days. So we would have to buy park hopper to cover all 4 days.
Park hopper is a one off price. So to add it to one day is very expensive but if you're adding it to 5 or more days, the cost spread out amongst the days is minimal.
just curious what do you do after the other four days ?

Hey just reading and catching up. I just want to hear some rumors or some hard info. I'm so tired of waiting.

First time poster who is planning on taking advantage of FD and who has taken advantage of it in the past with a family of 5. I haven't read through this whole thread so this may have already been discussed, but if I were a waiter/waitress at any of the TS restaurants I would be very disappointed in my employer for only offering QS meals to MOD resorts. I don't know about the rest of you, but I tend to tip pretty big when having a sit down meal with my family of 5. That's a lot of lost income for those waiter/waitresses that just can't and won't be made up. 25% of a $200.00 meal is $50.00. multiply that by all the families staying at mods and taking advantage of FD and pretty soon your talking some real money. We'll still go this fall but shame on you Disney for not looking out for your employees if this rumor is true. They will pay more of a price than I will no doubt. It's like getting a bonus every year and counting on that as part of your income, only to have it taken away.
Disney has no problem filling the TS restaurants. This won't affect the waitstaff at all. Just my $.02.

Last edited:
Has anyone else ever had experience doing this? I have never heard of anyone doing this before. I know you can use TS for QS and you can "break down" (for lack of better word) 1 QS into 2-3 snack credits, but I have never heard about using QS for TS meals. Anyone??
I don't want to add to the confusion, but I can tell you from my own experience that I have used 2 QS for 1 TS. I found out that we could when my daughter was a cast member and did it for people when they came to her restaurant. I certainly don't know that it's Disney policy and I wouldn't want anyone to base their vacation numbers on the idea that it would work, but I've found that different cast members and different restaurants allow different things.

I'm sorry, I don't understand your answer. Or maybe you misunderstood my question? What I meant was if I got FD and then had to change my dates, say instead of Sep 15 - 25 make it Sep 18 - 25, would that be considered a cancelling my reservation and then making a new reservation? Meaning, would I maybe lose my FD?
Your dining is not attached to your reservation You will not lose it

Hey just reading and catching up. I just want to hear some rumors or some hard info. I'm so tired of waiting.

The rumor according to Black (very reliable source) is that FD will drop April 24, Dates are Aug.13-Sept.30, Nov. 14-20, 25-27, Dec. 3-23. Check on Dec. 3...not sure if it was the 3rd or the 8th. Values and Mods get quick service, Deluxe get table service. Original post was on page 380.

You always tip on what your meal would have cost! Even with Free Dining. They bring your bill and you can see what your meal would have cost. You then pay your tip and apply your dining credits.

Edit: oops, I misunderstood what you were saying. Disregard my whole post! We were counting on TS with our mod. We already have our ADRs. No way we're giving up all those dinners. We're looking at less expensive room so that wet can cover our TS OOP. Maybe others feel the same.

Last edited:
, I have a week booked at Port Orleans Riverside during dates that would work for free dining if the above rumor by Mr. Black is legit. But, I had booked there because I was under the impression that moderates would get the regular dining plan. Should I switch to Coronado or even a value resort since Riverside looks to not be included? Riverside is the most expensive moderate, so maybe I can get the quick service dining and just upgrade? I want to take my 4 year old to all of the character dining spots but cant afford it without the free dining. I am new to this, so any advice, help, rumors would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.[/QUOTE]
i would look into value whose theming nay appeal more to a 4 year old. Saves you money, gives you more options and you can use the savings to UPG to DDP if the FD really does exclude DDP for mods.

Do you regularly get 25% tips? Sounds like a lot especially with the inflated prices Disney charges.

Disney has no problem filling the TS restaurants. This won't affect the waitstaff at all. Just my $.02.

I agree and many people will pay to upgrade.

Absolutely. HOW much are fallroom

just curious what do you do after the other four days ?

We arrive late afternoon on Day 1 and leave lunch time on Day 9, so we won't get value out of a park day on those ones.
We going to MNSSHP on one day, so going to have a rest morning, a non-park TS lunch and go to MK at 4pm with that ticket, so again, no need for a park ticket.
Then we're going to Universal for one day. And for our last day we will either extend our Disney ticket to 5 days or extend our Universal ticket to 2 days, depending on how we feel when we're at Universal - would we want another day there or another day at Disney? I know I have to decide that while I'm there to ensure I don't end up paying for 2 single days instead of a cheaper 2 day ticket - I have it all sorted!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter