******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were really hoping to be booking CSR but if mods are just QSDP we'll go for Pop. Woohoo with info. Also hoping that "and" was really an "or" or PH and/or wp+m

I also want to be hands free at Disney...and that takes some thinking. Can you see the smoke coming off the top of my head? :wave2:

Have you seen Flip Belts? I went hands free on our shore excursions when we went on a cruise and also in the French Quarter in NOLA. I can put phone, credit card, id, cash, keys, small makeup/lipstick,etc and wear it all comfortably under my shirt at my waist. As functional as a fanny pack but very discreet. My husband liked it so much I got one for him too.

https://www.amazon.com/Level-Terrain/pages/8921511011

Looks like free dining could be dropping on April 24. Minimum of 4 nights, maximum of 14, with park hopper and park hopper plus add on. Check in dates: 8/13-9/30, 11/14-11/20, 11/25-11/27, 12/3-12/23.

As always, information is fluid and more detail will hopefully come.

Thank you for the info!:yay:

I was wondering if a rumor had been announced when I noticed that this thread had jumped 6 pages since early this afternoon. Exciting news, but sorry for all those who were hoping to book moderates and get the regular DP. I wonder if this is Disneys way of eventually phasing out FD, taking away some of the value of it, more QS and having to buy more tickets. We are not planning another trip for quite a while, so if we can get FD this year that would be great.

The dates fall within our trip of 8/19-/28 and we are booked at Pop. We do not have Park Hoppers but doing the math adding the PH is still less than we would pay if we had to buy food out of pocket. We don't usually park hop but if we have to get it we may use it to check out evening entertainment and fireworks.

At least you're not losing money on them.

You are, every day...through inflation and lost interest...on a $2K investment, even just using crappy returns + low inflation now, you'd lose about 4-5% in a year, or $80-$100...in a year with actual monetary returns and inflation, you'd lose much more...and the losses only compound as you don't use them...

THanks for posting the info, but it really seems like Disney is nickel and diming FD to death, which is probably their intention. So now, it seems like not only do you have to upgrade to PH tickets but now you have to add PH+ option as well? That's another chunk of change in addition to the seeming QS only for values AND mods. At this rate, free dining really will be dead in a couple of years. The difference now, between what really was free dining a couple of years ago and now for my family is about $700, or basically a wash.

Yeah, hopefully they come to their senses on this one. There are a whole lot of us who love free dining for the sit down meals and a nice stay at a moderate resort. 30% off would be a better deal with dining added on. Zero point to free dining and a moderate with quick service locked into very specific dates (that don't include wine and dine). And let's not forget that the quick service options are more catered to value resorts. So now, it's actually a disadvantage to stay at a moderate. It really doesn't make any sense. Why would I pay more for less? Goodbye paying more for a resort. Goodbye waiter's tips driven higher by add on purchases included alcoholic beverages. Hello vacant moderate resort restaurants. Hello vacant Coronado Springs. Goodbye adult couples. Goodbye anyone who wants to sit down but can't afford deluxe. Goodbye all of their souvenir and other spending...

Last edited:
A new topic to discuss: How old were you on your first Disney trip and at what age did you become a Disney fanatic! (And yes, I know most/all of you are considered Disney fanatics as we've been hanging out here together for a while now!)

My first trip to Disneyland was in 1985 when I was 4 years old.87'pooh.jpg

I'm the one in the pink sweat pants.:rotfl:

I went to Disneyland probably 4 times as a kid and it was always a big deal when we went-months of excitement, count down calendars, letters mailed to Mickey like he was santa. I was a bit of a mini Disney freak as a kid as I loved the movies, and head disney movie related items in my room and decor for most of my childhood.

I wasnt a true disney freak until I was a mom. When my son was 4 we started doing annual passes and going down as often as we could manage on long weekends and such. Going with my son and niece and nephew is the highlight of my year. We missed out for a few years when I had a crummy job that didnt allow for hardly any time off and the pay was so meager that we only managed 1 3 day trip in 3 years :earseek:.

My first trip to Disney World...hasnt happened yet...170ish days to go:banana::cool1::mickeyjum

My night is made! Hopefully I can modify our reservation easily to add! We are checking in nov 26 for six nights at the poly already have park hopper and deluxe dining on our package. I'll be happy to see that price go down!

So I have a reservation at CBR Nov 10-17 and I'm already getting $75/night in gift cards. The only other week that has available rooms during FD is the week before Christmas. I would rather get a full week of free dining but I'm worried I'll lose my gift cards Switching to a value resort won't work because we are a family of 5 so I'd need 2 rooms. Anyone know if we lose gift cards for switching dates?

oh, i meant price wise sorry lol, isn't it like 10 or so a night?

I think it's about $15-20 but I was asking because all Preferred rooms at Pop are sold out for most of the dates I've tried. I'm not sure if that's because they will be renovating those sections in the fall or that they are already booked.

I just bought this
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01NH075BJ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

and it fit my wallet, tablet (rca 7inch with a keyboard. a small amount of med kit stuff. I could find a place for my phone. Also, one pocket fit my camera perfectly. It was a tiny bit bulky. I am using a smaller wallet at wdw so that will help. Also, can leave the keyboard in the room if I want. I have wdw Christmas parade on the desktop, a time countdown, and many apps ready to go.

So I have a reservation at CBR Nov 10-17 and I'm already getting $75/night in gift cards. The only other week that has available rooms during FD is the week before Christmas. I would rather get a full week of free dining but I'm worried I'll lose my gift cards Switching to a value resort won't work because we are a family of 5 so I'd need 2 rooms. Anyone know if we lose gift cards for switching dates?

Unfortunately I think you would but you could always call and ask. However, remember that phone CMs don't always know what they are talking about.

You are, every day...through inflation and lost interest...on a $2K investment, even just using crappy returns + low inflation now, you'd lose about 4-5% in a year. or $80-$100...in a year with actual monetary returns and inflation, you'd lose much more...and the losses only compound as you don't use them...
I don't think that way, but I probably should.

I think it's about $15-20 but I was asking because all Preferred rooms at Pop are sold out for most of the dates I've tried. I'm not sure if that's because they will be renovating those sections in the fall or that they are already booked.

Oh thanks, that's true about the renovations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter