******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
Usually we park at TTC and monorail. If we took resort bus where is the security line now that they are doing it at TTC?
It would appear the security line is at the resort. I'd research this more. But I saw a few videos where certain resorts had security check points prior to guests entering boat transportation.

I was just going to ask about this… this is the first time we bought PH tickets and was thinking if we are going to do the PH then we might as well give this a try Do you know if it goes to Disney Springs too?

No, the Express Transportation is offered to allow you go move from park to park without needing to go through security each time. There is no security at DS so an express option is not needed.

Something to keep in mind is that transportation to DS from a park is not offered directly until 4:00pm. Before that you need to take transportation to a resort or the TTC and then a bus to DS from there.

My understanding is that there is never direct transportation from DS to a park. You must always transfer at a resort or the TTC.

A week people. I was house sitting a week and I come back to over 140 PAGES of posts. Sorry I do not have enough time to go through all those. Did I miss anything important?

Haha, wow, that really puts things into perspective for me. I've been reading this thread since the beginning, all 351 pages of it. It seemed to me like people have been posting less the past few days, but I guess not!

You haven't missed anything. Someone did start some private instant messenger/ chat room kinda thing that everyone can talk on whenever the boards go down just in case that happens to be a time when free dining comes up. People have been talking on there periodically. The link was on here a while back, but I'm sure someone more tech savvy than I can figure out how to link to it if you're interested.

Checking out Express Transportation, anyone in here use it?
My best friend and her partner just got back and they used it. They really enjoyed it. I don't know if it will stay around because she said every time they got on they were alone or maybe one other person, so it doesn't look like it has picked up yet, but I'm sure with summer coming more people will use it. I am looking forward to only having to go through security in the morning. We are doing a Nine day stay so we will cut out the first and last day and pretty much only use it five days, but it will be totally worth it. Oh and my friends actually hate other Disney transportatioin, but they loved this. Quick, easy and very efficient.

:offtopic::car: Does anyone in here drive to Disney? I am trying to figure out the best way to navigate from park to park with a car. Now that they have security at the TTC, I'm wondering if we should park at Epcot and take the monorail to MK? I just don't have a parking strategy.
We always drive to Disney. When I get to my resort, I park the car and it doesn't move again until we leave. We take the bus to whatever park we start at in the morning. We like to use the bus because we park hop and never know where we might end up. If a fastpass is available for something we want to ride we head there. With the new express transportation we will likely hit three parks a day and I don't want to worry about getting back to my car at the end of the evening.

We always drive to Disney and we drive to all of the parks except for MK. It's much easier and quicker to take disney transpo there. I've taken buses to the parks and driven, and I find that driving is usually quicker, even factoring in the parking and the walk from the lot. We have a nice big stroller that I love and has a lot of storage space, but it doesn't fold that compactly, so bringing it on the bus would be a pain, we prefer to throw it in the trunk and drive. This will be our first year park hopping (if we get FD), so I don't know what to do now. It sure does take a lot of stress and planning to have this fun trip!

We always drive to Disney and we drive to all of the parks except for MK. It's much easier and quicker to take disney transpo there. I've taken buses to the parks and driven, and I find that driving is usually quicker, even factoring in the parking and the walk from the lot. We have a nice big stroller that I love and has a lot of storage space, but it doesn't fold that compactly, so bringing it on the bus would be a pain, we prefer to throw it in the trunk and drive. This will be our first year park hopping (if we get FD), so I don't know what to do now. It sure does take a lot of stress and planning to have this fun trip!
Just because you have the park hopper, doesn't mean you Have to actually park hop. Its just an option on the ticket.

A week people. I was house sitting a week and I come back to over 140 PAGES of posts. Sorry I do not have enough time to go through all those. Did I miss anything important?
Love this! Sometimes I feel like this from morning till night if I can't get on during the day!!

Just because you have the park hopper, doesn't mean you Have to actually park hop. Its just an option on the ticket.
I know, but if we're paying for it, we're gonna use it. Most likely to hop to parks in the evening for nighttime entertainment. MVMCP is going on several nights while we're there, and we've already done the party several times, not doing it this year. So we'll go to MK on a party day (usually very uncrowded on party days), and maybe hop to Epcot or somewhere else for their night time entertainment.

I"m watching along with the rest of you guys even though I shouldn't since we are getting ready to go in May. I mean I don't need 2 trips in one year right, even with FD and even if I really, really want to go for Christmas :rolleyes1.

Nope, you definitely need another trip this year! Christmas is a magical time on it's own and Christmas at Disney is pure awesomeness! Go, go, go!

I just listened to this to pass the time. What do you consider the most overrated snacks in Disney World. It's the churro's for me, they are too dry. But the ones in Mexico have this great caramel dipping sauce, makes all the difference. Here is the site if anyone wants to watch it. www.youtube.com/watch?v=COFr-qG8r0I

I agree with you. I don't like the churros except the Mexican CS one's. I find them softer and less dry, plus the caramel sauce is super yummy! I think the carrot cake cookie is a bit overrated. It's so sweet!

:offtopic::car: Does anyone in here drive to Disney? I am trying to figure out the best way to navigate from park to park with a car. Now that they have security at the TTC, I'm wondering if we should park at Epcot and take the monorail to MK? I just don't have a parking strategy.

We rent a car usually but when we go to MK we just take the resort bus. It's easier than having to park at the TTC and getting the monorail over. We do drive to all the other parks and DS. But we aren't park hoppers either so that probably doesn't really help with your question. :P

Is anyone planning on trying the new Polite Pig restaurant on their trip? It just opened and I'm reading the review from Disney Food Blog and I was shocked to learn that it will be considered a table service credit. For all intents and purposes it's a counter service meal. The only thing that makes it "different" is that you get a beeper after ordering and they bring your food to your table. But there are other CS locations out there that do that. I've had it happen at places like WPE. I hope this isn't a new sign of things to come for the dining plan. I wanted to try this place out but I may just end up paying OOP or not going at all rather than wasting a TS credit on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter