******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry if this has been said I've read most of the thread been lurking for a while now. It is my understanding that if you have magical express or memory maker on your package you will not be able to change your reservation and will have to call. So you should wait to add those till later.

We (me, DH and 4 kids and an infant) are staying at a FW Cabin during historical FD dates this fall, but my TA tells me it won't be possible to get FD at a cabin because they're so limited...does anyone know if this is true? I hope not, with 6 mouths to feed, free dining would save a lot of money over 2 weeks.

If there is free dining and if the cabins are included then it's not impossible. Perhaps unlikely, if there is very limited availability, and if your dates are set with no flexibility, but if there is some availability then someone will be getting it. Personally I would be keeping a close eye on it myself if I had a TA with that attitude. The appropriate response should be along the lines of "it's improbable but I'll do my best to get it for you".

Yep I'm in VA and finally gave in and went to bed at 2:30am but set my alarm for 3am and 4am that morning! Right after 4am I hit refresh and booked a standard at CBR for right after thanksgiving and went back to bed lol!

Yep, it was about 45 seconds after Disboards went down. Some that were up last year made a chat room on another platform to transfer to after 4 am est.

And we went the same time, checked in on the 27th at Pop :)

It has been 3 years since our first family trip to Disney. I remember the fun/stress brought by this forum. And of course I am looking forward to the same this year. Hopefully less stress this time around since I know what to expect.

But of course I decided to invite my parents and my 17yo brother in law this year. So I get to deal with multiple rooms and ADR's for a group of 10!

Bring on the fun!!

I'm here, lurking. :D We technically are not going to Disney this year, but I can come up with a list of reasons why we need to go. (The biggest being this is dd's last year at home. She's a senior next year, and after that it's off to college.) And, if the price is right, and free dining is offered, well that just changes everything.

So I specifically came here looking for Black562, and the Dirty Steve. :D I'm so stoked to see they've already been posting.

Hello everyone, not new to stalking this thread but new to getting involved. There has been some debate as to if cbr will get the free dining and combine the $75 gift card offer, I'm not certain by any means but if you price any of the current offers available you also get the $75 gift card per night per room. So looks promising for those considering cbr if and or when free dining drops!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm here, lurking. :D We technically are not going to Disney this year, but I can come up with a list of reasons why we need to go. (The biggest being this is dd's last year at home. She's a senior next year, and after that it's off to college.) And, if the price is right, and free dining is offered, well that just changes everything.

So I specifically came here looking for Black562, and the Dirty Steve. :D I'm so stoked to see they've already been posting.

HA. Technically not going....So, you're saying there's a chance?

Love it! Hope you're doing well!

We booked last year for free dining at CBR. Ended up cancelling a month or two later because the airline ticket prices - we couldn't fit them into the budget. Then, we ended up buying a house and are not in great position to go this round. Having said that, I still get excited this time of year with the anticipation.

I'm contemplating if free dining is even for us.
The most important things to us are:

1. Temperature (we do NOT want it too hot, and regular 80's is too hot)
2. Crowds (we want to go when there are the least people, period)
3. Price

Been lurking for awhile but I'm officially joining in. We are booked at POR with Royal Room 12/15-12/22 on a BB offer that gave us 25% off room rate. We will likely stay at POR and get dining plan no matter what, but doing the math FD would save us more than $300 more than our current offer (even factoring in rack rate and increased ticket prices). I know it's unlikely since Dec dates were blacked out for POR when the FD BB was offered, but still have my fingers crossed!!

I do have one question: Does anyone know if reservations booked with BB can typically be modified online? Like some others I am missing the modify button, and I'm wondering if that's why?

Thanks and happy FD hunting to all!

Sorry if this has been said I've read most of the thread been lurking for a while now. It is my understanding that if you have magical express or memory maker on your package you will not be able to change your reservation and will have to call. So you should wait to add those till later.
Now that is something I hadn't heard before ! I did add my info for ME, so that might be it.

Now that is something I hadn't heard before ! I did add my info for ME, so that might be it.
I just checked to see if I have a modify button and I don't have a modify or cancel button. We drive from Canada so we don't take the ME and I haven't added memory maker yet either. I did link my Canadian discount tickets though. I am starting to wonder if anyone has a modify button? Maybe they are trying to discourage people modifying once a discount comes out?

I just checked to see if I have a modify button and I don't have a modify or cancel button. We drive from Canada so we don't take the ME and I haven't added memory maker yet either. I did link my Canadian discount tickets though. I am starting to wonder if anyone has a modify button? Maybe they are trying to discourage people modifying once a discount comes out?

I just checked ours and I have a change reservation button! Hope it stays there!!

I think it is that. I just cancelled my reservation and made a new one, and modify is back. I think you get one shot to modify. I won't add my tickets or make any changes until after free dining is released I guess.

I think it is that. I just cancelled my reservation and made a new one, and modify is back. I think you get one shot to modify. I won't add my tickets or make any changes until after free dining is released I guess.
Interesting....

I made a reservation. Haven't modified anything. Haven't added Magical Express info. Haven't added Memory Maker. Bought a package, so didn't add tickets.

And I don't have a modify button.

This is about the only time I ever post on these boards.

The "modify" button disappearing talk is all to familiar, seems to me this starts to happen before a new offer is offered, next it will be 626 Stitch eating the page all together.

I made a reservation. Haven't modified anything. Haven't added Magical Express info. Haven't added Memory Maker. Bought a package, so didn't add tickets.

And I don't have a modify button.
Did you make it online?
I know with my old reservation I definitely had one until I added hoppers to my tickets and then poof, modify was gone. Cancel was still there though. There might be no rhyme or reason. When I spoke to a phone CM about it she said that Disney was "making some changes and it should come back at some point." I assumed it was a fancy way of saying "I have absolutely no clue why you don't have a modify button".:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter