******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not new to Disney, but I am new to posting on this board. Does someone with insider info typically post the release date somewhere? If so, where? We're going regardless 9/1-10, but would love to have free dining! Last time we went in September we just kind of fell into it, which was nice.

I'm not new to Disney, but I am new to posting on this board. Does someone with insider info typically post the release date somewhere? If so, where? We're going regardless 9/1-10, but would love to have free dining! Last time we went in September we just kind of fell into it, which was nice.

you will hear it here first. But until FD actually drops, it is just an "educated guess" by those in the know. usually there is a lot of chatter as the date gets closer.

Last edited:
I love this thread every year. I haven't booked free dining for a few years now, but still follow along with all of you since I miss the excitement. I spent many years stalking, waiting, then frantically booking online or waiting on hold with all of you. The last year we booked I remember staying up all night on these boards having a blast. Crossing my fingers for all of you trying, hoping they don't throw another upcharge at you to get it. I know for us, the addition of the hoppers and more expensive room availability only, made it not that great of a deal anymore. I will miss the free dining excitement every march-April now. Good luck everyone pixiedust:

me too, just not the DVC part. can't afford to go every year but it is fun to watch others who also love WDW get FD.

Hello yall,
We've used FD twice and haven't been since 2013. Totally looking forward to it again this year.
i just hope it has our dates of Nov. 13-21 since those weren't included in the bounceback.
if not, hope we get a good package deal instead. Either way, we are still going!:stitch:

OH I LOVE THIS FORUM!!:disrocks:

You will see it here as well as bloggers like Kenny The Pirate or Mouse Savers or Chip & Co. will also post as of course they want to be giving the inside scoop!

I have a question about switching out people on reservations when booking free dining and ADR's.
I would LOVE free dining again (crossing my fingers for it) but am going on the trip regardless (will just have to cancel a few ADR's if no free dining)
…Right now I am booked with the 1 free QS meal per day discount for 8/23-9/2. I already made all my ADR's (banking on getting the FD deal when it comes out)- now here is the issue: It is myself, husband, and son on the current reservation with the ADR's booked.
My mother might be coming now with my son and I instead of my husband. The current reservation is under my name. If I modify my reservation when FD is released (yes I have high hopes it will be offered) Can I later swap out one of the names closer to the trip when I know for sure who all is coming with my son and I , and still keep the free dining plan?
And if that is possible will it affect my ADR's since the ADR's will have myself, my son and my husband as the "party" reserved instead of myself, my son, and my mother?
Thanks so much in advance, appreciate it!

For the ADRs themselves I don't think it would make a difference. On two of our ADRs it was listed as 3 adults instead of 2 adults and 1 child and another was me with 2 children. I'm not sure how any of it happened, hubby and daughter are the only people in my MDE, but it was never an issue.

I'm not sure about the reservation though. Hopefully someone can come along with an answer for that. All I can say is they never inquired if my husband was who the MDE profile stated he was :)

Waiting is incredibly difficult. The anxiety that builds as we get closer to a release ramps up especially as we pass historical dates. Don't let it get to you.

This year there are some great folks hanging around to answer questions. Those who have been around a while can tell you that hasn't always been the case. It's nice to see folks helping others.

We (me, DH and 4 kids and an infant) are staying at a FW Cabin during historical FD dates this fall, but my TA tells me it won't be possible to get FD at a cabin because they're so limited...does anyone know if this is true? I hope not, with 6 mouths to feed, free dining would save a lot of money over 2 weeks.

We (me, DH and 4 kids and an infant) are staying at a FW Cabin during historical FD dates this fall, but my TA tells me it won't be possible to get FD at a cabin because they're so limited...does anyone know if this is true? I hope not, with 6 mouths to feed, free dining would save a lot of money over 2 weeks.
Last year they had FW cabins available for at least a couple days, maybe weeks after FD was announced so I think you have a good shot!:)

Waiting is incredibly difficult. The anxiety that builds as we get closer to a release ramps up especially as we pass historical dates. Don't let it get to you.

This year there are some great folks hanging around to answer questions. Those who have been around a while can tell you that hasn't always been the case. It's nice to see folks helping others.
We have awesome people on this thread and amazing experts like you and Black to calm us down!:teeth:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter