******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
I paid 3500 for WL FD BB (so room, tickets, park hopper and food) if I have to go three days earlier it would be 3400 for me to stay at pop and pay for dining, park hopper, tickets, and room! I am praying that I can either leave my Bounceback as is or they will be willing to let me change it....if we move to VA I would have to change it because they start school earlier then NY and the way I have it now Ds would miss the first 2 days of school!

So when you book a bounce back do you get a room discount too?

Last year I booked fd the morningnnit was released and had to book a water. View room. I checked the site daily for a month and eventually the standard room popped up. They definitely release more as the weeks go by

I think it's a combo of releasing more, other people deciding what they are keeping and cancelling rooms, and of course TAs reserve for people they think might be interested just in case. So then those get released back.

Is room discount an indication of what rooms will be available for FD? At Polynesian where I currently have a standard room booked they only offer the Theme Park Club Level rooms at discount! Does that mean that will be the only rooms that get FD if released??

Is room discount an indication of what rooms will be available for FD? At Polynesian where I currently have a standard room booked they only offer the Theme Park Club Level rooms at discount! Does that mean that will be the only rooms that get FD if released??

Not really. One thing that will be similar is a ridiculously low availability. That seems to be the trend...less and less availability for promotions.

Yay! Well, I'm glad there are discounts coming out and glad it wasn't FD cause I would have been late to the party!

I paid 3500 for WL FD BB (so room, tickets, park hopper and food) if I have to go three days earlier it would be 3400 for me to stay at pop and pay for dining, park hopper, tickets, and room! I am praying that I can either leave my Bounceback as is or they will be willing to let me change it....if we move to VA I would have to change it because they start school earlier then NY and the way I have it now Ds would miss the first 2 days of school!

I'm getting it now. Essentially free dining at WL better price then room discount at POP. Here is hoping FD comes out soon and helps you out. Have you called yet to see if you can move your bounce back?

I just figured the cost of the room discount as opposed to the summer quick meal offer I booked under. For 9 nights under the room discount it is 2874 (approx.) at ASM including a 7 day ticket while the summer meal offer is 2914 for the same time period and park tickets and we get 36 quick serve meals for our family (4 people) to split over the time and we are at POP which I like better, mainly because of the bus. So far I am staying put with the meal offer, let's see what happens if and when FD comes out.

Wow so the lesson for me just because it didn't happen at 4 doesn't mean anything. Next time black or Steve says watch I'll just be up at 4 with coffee.
Right, that was my take away too. I kept checking until 3:40 cst and fell back to sleep. Once we know it's FD I won't be checking my phone from bed!!!

I'm getting it now. Essentially free dining at WL better price then room discount at POP. Here is hoping FD comes out soon and helps you out. Have you called yet to see if you can move your bounce back?
Not yet, I only want to change it if I absolutely have to!

Hi all - newbie here! We booked a standard CBR room for late August when they had the GC offer hoping that we could add FD when it came out. Is it true you have to have park hopper on your tickets? If so, this room discount might be better even though there seems to only be water view rooms available for our dates. Although I did notice the "can't be combined with other discounts and promotions" disclaimer.

Question- I see a few folks saying they keep checking to make sure they don't miss out on the free dining offer. Did the rooms really go that fast last year? I would have thought that as long as you made your reservations in the first week or so of the offer you would be ok?

But here's a question. Don't the summer discounts usually end before FD begins? In other words summer offers are good until, for example 8/15 and then FD would start 8/16 or after? Like there's no overlap between summer discounts and FD? But this morning's deal is good until 8/31. Does that mean so FD until after that???
I don't think so necessarily. They do overlap on some dates.

Question- I see a few folks saying they keep checking to make sure they don't miss out on the free dining offer. Did the rooms really go that fast last year? I would have thought that as long as you made your reservations in the first week or so of the offer you would be ok?
I think the more flexible you are, the better off you will be. Unfortunately my dates are set in stone, my room choices are pretty set in stone ( we really need a moderate) and with my budget what it is, I need a standard room if I can snag it. So for me it's pretty important that I try to grab what I need as soon as it's released.

Last year I booked fd the morningnnit was released and had to book a water. View room. I checked the site daily for a month and eventually the standard room popped up. They definitely release more as the weeks go by

Or people cancel reservations. A lot of people jump on the free dining, then see if they can get flights and work schedules to fit. If not, they cancel and get their deposit back. Or, some people book rooms before fd drops, then book a room with fd and cancel their original booking. That room then becomes part of the free dining.

What BS- I got through to someone at 7:02am- there's no availability for the room discount in the Contemproary Garden Wing. Not even regular tower rooms- just Tower club level. I'm so mad

Don't give up. Lots of people book a deal before working out the logistics of the holiday and then decide they can't go. Plus, I'm sure lots of travel agents buy up the deals and when they can't sell them, cancel.

So keep trying! From what I've read, 3 days is the hold limit for travel agents, so often things change after that point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter