Official 2016 Star Wars Half Marthon - The Dark Side Weekend

Hi! I'm a new runner and am hoping to sign up for just the 5K since it happens to fall on my birthday weekend (a significant birthday by the way :scared:). I've never run any type of race but since it's Star Wars, I think it was meant to be! Does the 5K sell out as quickly as the others? Or is it not as popular because it's much easier? I give you all mad props for doing the half :worship:! Any tips for a runDisney first timer?

I got my husband and me in the half. However, they wouldn't let me register my husband on my account, as I have in years past. I had to open him a whole new account. What a nightmare, but I made it. I share this for general sign up next week, so someone doesn't get burned by using too much time.

Apparently this change was made a few months ago...you can only register minors in your account.

Anyone else surprised only the challenge is on hold at 20 after? I thought it would be faster.

I got my husband and me in the half. However, they wouldn't let me register my husband on my account, as I have in years past. I had to open him a whole new account. What a nightmare, but I made it. I share this for general sign up next week, so someone doesn't get burned by using too much time.
This "everyone must have their own account" thing is a new requirement for runDisney races. Not an issue with other non-Disney races registering through Active. Silly, if you ask me. If you are running with people, you shouldn't all have to register yourself - not everyone can be on a computer at a specific time!!

Wow- that was pretty easy compared to past races- we're only doing the 10K but signed up two of us in less than 15 minutes with no drama...way different than the Princess... I don't know if they made any changes but thank you active and runDisney!

If you are signed up for the challenge they will use the same pot.

Great thanks - I was confused because I thought for 10k's they did not ask for POT, just an estimated time during registration. So I was worried I totally missed that section in my fury! So how do they combine people without POT and those with? Or am I just wrong about all of this? Totally possibly - this will be my first actual disney 10k! I have only done their half, 10 miler and 5k.

Hi! I'm a new runner and am hoping to sign up for just the 5K since it happens to fall on my birthday weekend (a significant birthday by the way :scared:). I've never run any type of race but since it's Star Wars, I think it was meant to be! Does the 5K sell out as quickly as the others? Or is it not as popular because it's much easier? I give you all mad props for doing the half :worship:! Any tips for a runDisney first timer?

It will definitely sell out quickly. I would be online right at noon. But, the challenge and 10k tend to go more quickly. With this though, that could be just a couple of minutes!

I'm in for 5k & challenge. Unfortunately I forgot about the new 'only register yourself' rule, so I was not able to register my daughter for the 10k. She will have to try at normal registration.

I'm in for 5k & challenge. Unfortunately I forgot about the new 'only register yourself' rule, so I was not able to register my daughter for the 10k. She will have to try at normal registration.
The 10k is still showing as available.

In for the challenge!!Is this the first time they ask you right at registration to put in all the POT info,obviously I skipped this as I wasn't going to be taking any longer to register than I needed to,POT can be submitted later,worry about getting in now.For W&D I just remember them saying that you will need to submit POT at a later date,same for the Marathon.

Still on hold for challenge and I've watched kids races open and go back on hold every few minutes. Had a spot open but it closed before I signed in

I can't believe it! It opened for a minute I clicked on the Darkside challenge hit the continue button and it kicked me out!! This Darkside challenge registration process certainly has a dark side!!!!

You can go back into active and edit your registration for POT, shirt sizes and contact numbers. I just blew through this when I actually registered and went back and completed it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter