"Official" 2016 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Trick or Treat Fun

Will Tickets to MNSSHP on Halloween Sell Out This Year before tickets did last year (8/3/15)-in 14D?

• Yes

Votes: 30 29.1%
  • No

Votes: 73 70.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I sent an email to get a refund for tonight's party (per the instructions in the email WDW sent me last night). When you called and cancelled, did they tell you how long it may be to get the refund?

I sent the email also but haven't heard anything back. Did you get a confirmation email back from them?

The Guest Relations CM I talked to on the phone last night, as this was prior to receiving any emails, told me it could take up to 2 billing cycles if I used a credit card. If I used a debit card then it should only take a couple business days from time of refund but that it may take them a few days to even get to my request as there were so many ppl already requesting refunds before Disney even officially cancelled both Thursday and Friday parties.

Also, he told me that I would not receive any confirmation emails for my request, only to look out for the email that was sent to everyone about the cancellation, as they had not sent it out yet. That would be the only email I receive at all. Hope this helps guys!

UPDATE - Post 1 Updated Yesterday Showing Tonight's Party was Canceled

From Disney's Website
October 7, 2016
Due to Hurricane Matthew, Walt Disney World theme parks, water parks, Disney Springs, miniature golf courses and ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex will be closed through Friday, October 7. Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party at Magic Kingdom Theme Park is also canceled for tonight.

Theme parks will be opening at 8:00 AM on Saturday, October 8th. Water parks, Disney Springs, and mini golf will have normal operations on Saturday.

This is our plan - does it seem reasonable?

We are also doing the Oct 30 party, dressed as Village Belle and Gaston - no kids. All three of the options during our trip (October 28, 30 and 31) are going to be sold out, so I just picked the one that will work best with our schedule as a whole. This will be my 4th MNSSHP, and my boyfriends first - while we might do the odd ride with a short wait, our priorities for the party are meet and greets, magic shot photos and a bit of trick or treating (my boyfriend really wants candy, haha).

Our plan is currently this:

3:45 - Arrive at MK, take some pictures out front.
4:00 - Collect wrist bands, go immediately to Jack and Sally M&G (MUST do)
5:20 - FP to meet Mickey
5:40 - FP to meet Tinkerbell
6:00 - Might do one quick right, or a meet and greet with a short line.
6:30 - In line to meet Belle and Gaston (MUST do, given our costumes)
7:30 - Trick or treat on way to Frontierland
8:00 - Watch Cadaver Dans in Frontierland
8:30 - Watch Boo to You parade from Liberty Square (HM side)
8:50 - Get HM magic shots
9:40 - Make way to Castle courtyard for Hallowishes - we'll grab dinner and eat while we wait, too.
10:15 - Hallowishes
10:30-12 - Meet and Greets - Villains, Tarzan & Jane, etc

We plan to make our way out slowly after 12. We aren't too worried about some of the meet and greets, as we are also there long enough to attend the November 10 MVMCP (We plan to do the 7 Dwarves at this party), so we can M&G with the princesses/princes, etc, that we missed then.

We are also doing the Oct 30 party, dressed as Village Belle and Gaston - no kids. All three of the options during our trip (October 28, 30 and 31) are going to be sold out, so I just picked the one that will work best with our schedule as a whole. This will be my 4th MNSSHP, and my boyfriends first - while we might do the odd ride with a short wait, our priorities for the party are meet and greets, magic shot photos and a bit of trick or treating (my boyfriend really wants candy, haha).

9:40 - Make way to Castle courtyard for Hallowishes - we'll grab dinner and eat while we wait, too.

We plan to make our way out slowly after 12. We aren't too worried about some of the meet and greets, as we are also there long enough to attend the November 10 MVMCP (We plan to do the 7 Dwarves at this party), so we can M&G with the princesses/princes, etc, that we missed then.

Just wanted to note that in October, the 1st parade starts at 8:15.

Just wanted to note that in October, the 1st parade starts at 8:15.

I thought the map said 8:30 and 11:15?

Correct, 8:15pm in October.
See Post 1. This info has been posted for awhile, prior to September parties, when party/parade info was released.

Also, October party map updated in post 1 too & was noted in the thread.

Correct, 8:15pm in October.
See Post 1. This info has been posted for awhile, prior to September parties, when party/parade info was released.

Also, October party map updated in post 1 too & was noted in the thread.

Easy change to make - thanks for the heads up!

This sounds like a pretty solid plan. Just remember, some characters end for the night at 11:30.

So I've been reading this thread and it looks like most people try to get Jack and Sally done first. I don't care too much about meeting them, but I AM desperate to meet Pooh and friends in their costumes. What time should I plan on getting in line for them? I think they're the biggest thing we want to check off. I'll have a first-timer with me and she doesn't think she'll care much about the characters so the rest we'll just play by ear. I'll be going on the Friday night party on the 21st, if that matters.

So I've been reading this thread and it looks like most people try to get Jack and Sally done first. I don't care too much about meeting them, but I AM desperate to meet Pooh and friends in their costumes. What time should I plan on getting in line for them? I think they're the biggest thing we want to check off. I'll have a first-timer with me and she doesn't think she'll care much about the characters so the rest we'll just play by ear. I'll be going on the Friday night party on the 21st, if that matters.
To make their first set, line up between 6 and 6:15.

I showed up to the Pooh queue at 6:05 on our party night. No one else was in line. The CM said that they weren't formally stating a line yet, that they would between 6:30-6:45. I went over to Big Top Souvenirs to check for the ornament (sold out!) and went back. Still no line. I was told I could informally start the line by sitting on the brick wall. a few people started coming in around 6:15-6:20. I can't remember exactly what time they let us line up in the official queue... But By 6:55 the queue was pretty full. We were the first family to meet them. They were running a few minutes behind and got there around 7:05. We were done by 7:10 at the latest.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter