Official 2014 Tinker Bell Half Marathon

Waivers are only up for registration received through 11/18/2014. I had to dash through my emails and see that I registered 11/25! Grrrr. I wonder how long I'll have to wait.

Thanks for the Pixie dust Tinks !!

Good and bad news; I've got a torn meniscus and have orthoscopic surgery schedule right after Tink. Planning to walk Tink (Dr's OKd it) but Dr wants me to ONLY walk but I can still keep cardio up doing lateral workouts.
Will just try my best.

DH wants to make my race shirt...."torn meniscus on right please pass on left":thumbsup2 It did make me laugh and I just might do it.

Well at least you can still participate in Tink! My girlfriend had a torn meniscus and had it repaired this past spring and its worked out great for her. No complications and she's back to all her old activities. Hope your surgery goes smoothly!

Yay! :banana: Hope your run goes well and BE SAFE!! :goodvibes

Oh no! :hug: You be careful too! :goodvibes

So excited the program came out today and the 5k route is still the same. I love that route. Love the medal too. And the kids races medal, so adorable w/ Nana.

I also got the final race email and it had the virtual goody bag. If anyone wants the email but didn't get it, pm me your address and I can forward it on to you.

Thanks! Promise I'll be safe and back off if theres any pain.

Oh I didn't realize the picture in the program on the kids race page is what the medallion for the kids would look like! Too cute! DD will love it! She's almost more excited than I am! Telling everyone we know about the race she's gonna do in Disneyland.

Trying not to be annoyed about the fact the guide is lacking the two things I'm used to looking at pre race. Normally they'll tell you the spacing for the corrals. I know how it's normally spaced but still it would be nice to have a confirmation! I can't find it anywhere in the guide! Also would love to take a peak at Galloways timing thing again and always do that pre race even if I know my intervals. But that's not in their either!

Waivers are only up for registration received through 11/18/2014. I had to dash through my emails and see that I registered 11/25! Grrrr. I wonder how long I'll have to wait.

Same boat here! My registration was in the first week of December. When our waivers ARE up, will it state what corral we were placed in? I submitted proof of time for a 2:10 half marathon.

Thanks for the Pixie dust Tinks !!

Good and bad news; I've got a torn meniscus and have orthoscopic surgery schedule right after Tink. Planning to walk Tink (Dr's OKd it) but Dr wants me to ONLY walk but I can still keep cardio up doing lateral workouts.
Will just try my best.

DH wants to make my race shirt...."torn meniscus on right please pass on left":thumbsup2 It did make me laugh and I just might do it.

Absolutely you should do that! I'm sorry about the surgery, but it will work out for the best in the long run.

Well at least you can still participate in Tink! My girlfriend had a torn meniscus and had it repaired this past spring and its worked out great for her. No complications and she's back to all her old activities. Hope your surgery goes smoothly!

Thanks.

Same boat here! My registration was in the first week of December. When our waivers ARE up, will it state what corral we were placed in? I submitted proof of time for a 2:10 half marathon.

This December? Proof of time was due 11/1.... So it would not be included in your registration, right ?

This December? Proof of time was due 11/1.... So it would not be included in your registration, right ?

I'm not sure. :(
There was a place to put it in the paperwork, so I filled it in, but yeah, I was wondering about that since proof of time was required about a month earlier. The proof of time I used, was the same one I used for the ToT 10 miler a couple months ago, so I am already in RunDisney's system with that one...also my TOT time would also give me an estimated 2:10 finish...

I am usually really cold all the time. Tink last year was perfect to me. I had short sleeves and a skirt but wore arm sleeves and calf sleeves so I was mostly covered. No jacket needed. About half way through I pushed my arm sleeves down even.

Think it was mid 50s at start, 60s at my finish 3.5 hrs later.

From what I remember yeah it was 60s at the start. As for the layers I can't say since it varies from runner to runner. 50s-60s is perfect running weather for me and I am usually out in short sleeved shirt and shirt. Or in the case of Tink, that plus a slip over Sparkle skirt and wings. I don't need extra layers for that kind of weather. But if you are used to year around warmer weather or something than sure pack warmer layers for the start and for the first bit. It's usually dark outside for the first mile or two:

Weather here has been crazy. In the low teens most of the past week. I woke up one day to 0 degrees and the high that day was 11. We had almost two feet of snow over three days that forced me to run one day on the dreadmill.

Today it is a high of 55, one week later. Crazy. So I think we will be good for temps the day of the race. 60 sounds like a heat wave to us right now. LOL.

I got our bib #s but havent looked at corrals. Im guessing we are all the way in the back because we didnt provide times, since we havent done a race in over two years.

So the 16mm sweep time does that start once the race starts, or when the last runner has crossed the start line? Now Im getting nervous about being in the back and having a later start. We typically do a 12mm pace on our runs/races, but I wanted to allow some time for pics if there are any I wanted to take. Right now Im planning pics during walking breaks, and only stopping if the lines are small.

Oh forgot I had a question.

We are staying at the Hilton Anaheim. How close are we to the starts/corrals? Is this walkable and how much time should we allow?

So the 16mm sweep time does that start once the race starts, or when the last runner has crossed the start line? Now Im getting nervous about being in the back and having a later start. We typically do a 12mm pace on our runs/races, but I wanted to allow some time for pics if there are any I wanted to take. Right now Im planning pics during walking breaks, and only stopping if the lines are small.

The sweeper time starts when the last person crosses the start line. If you are in the last corral and want a little extra time, try to get as close to the front of your corral and that'll give you some extra min.

We are staying at the Hilton Anaheim. How close are we to the starts/corrals? Is this walkable and how much time should we allow?

It is walkable. I think you come out to Harbor from the hotel. When you get to Katella, you'll turn left and walk straight down to Disney Dr. The last corral starts right there. The Katella block is about 1/2 mile. If you're going to do a bag drop, I'd leave no later than 4:10 just b/c there could be a line for the drop.

The Hilton is right next to the convention center. There is a walkway that runs between the hotel and the big convention center building and dumps you out onto Katella, right near where that "spaceage" statue thing is in front of the convention center (the thing with the readerboard of upcoming events). You'd turn left, walk down Katella and cross at the crosswalk to Disneyland Drive.

The Hilton is basically on top of the words "conventin center" and the shortcut is seen as brownish/red dots on this map: http://www.mapquest.com/?version=1.0&hk=2-gHRiZ0MA

It definitely will save you a few steps before and after the race!

Oh forgot I had a question. We are staying at the Hilton Anaheim. How close are we to the starts/corrals? Is this walkable and how much time should we allow?

I stay over in the area all the time for when I'm here for Doctors or usually non race stuff. Though I'll be staying over at the Courtyard (which is right near it and shares the shuttle) for this race. It's definitely walkable but it's a lengthy walk. They used the run down to the convention center for the first part of the DL 10k. So I want to say it's somewhere between a mile to two mile walk to get to the start? Just keep that in mind. And the shuttles that run to the ART bus stop that weekend are free and start at 3 on Half morning. I'm planning to probably go around 4 to get a good spot in the corrals.

The sweeper time starts when the last person crosses the start line. If you are in the last corral and want a little extra time, try to get as close to the front of your corral and that'll give you some extra min.

It is walkable. I think you come out to Harbor from the hotel. When you get to Katella, you'll turn left and walk straight down to Disney Dr. The last corral starts right there. The Katella block is about 1/2 mile. If you're going to do a bag drop, I'd leave no later than 4:10 just b/c there could be a line for the drop.

The Hilton is right next to the convention center. There is a walkway that runs between the hotel and the big convention center building and dumps you out onto Katella, right near where that "spaceage" statue thing is in front of the convention center (the thing with the readerboard of upcoming events). You'd turn left, walk down Katella and cross at the crosswalk to Disneyland Drive.

The Hilton is basically on top of the words "conventin center" and the shortcut is seen as brownish/red dots on this map: http://www.mapquest.com/?version=1.0&hk=2-gHRiZ0MA

It definitely will save you a few steps before and after the race!

I stay over in the area all the time for when I'm here for Doctors or usually non race stuff. Though I'll be staying over at the Courtyard (which is right near it and shares the shuttle) for this race. It's definitely walkable but it's a lengthy walk. They used the run down to the convention center for the first part of the DL 10k. So I want to say it's somewhere between a mile to two mile walk to get to the start? Just keep that in mind. And the shuttles that run to the ART bus stop that weekend are free and start at 3 on Half morning. I'm planning to probably go around 4 to get a good spot in the corrals.

Thanks guys. We get in on Thursday so I guess we can walk it and see. I knew we were close but didnt realize it was that close.

I'm not a happy camper. Though my 3 mile run felt great while I was doing it, my injured ankle started hurting shortly after. I need to talk to the PT but Im guessing she's gonna have me drop back down to 20 minute runs again.

Looks like I'll be running very little of Tink. Guess I better work on my walking!

I'm not a happy camper. Though my 3 mile run felt great while I was doing it, my injured ankle started hurting shortly after. I need to talk to the PT but Im guessing she's gonna have me drop back down to 20 minute runs again.

Looks like I'll be running very little of Tink. Guess I better work on my walking!

Sorry to hear you're suffering with the ankle. It is so frustrating. With your own and PT's approval, walk if it is safe. I hope your ankle gets to healing soon.

So sorry to hear about your ankle. :sad1:
I keep telling myself with my injury that "walking is the new running".

Hang in there and hope you recover soon.

So sorry to hear about your ankle. :sad1:
I keep telling myself with my injury that "walking is the new running".

Hang in there and hope you recover soon.

I Like that :) And I shouldn't complain! Your injury is way worse than mine! If you can have a good attitude about it, I certainly should!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter