Official 2013 Tower of Terror 10 Miler

I am staying at BWV and was wondering if it's not a host resort, can I walk over to the start by taking the path to HS?

I would certainly think so, but I can't remember where the corrals were. Seemed very unfamiliar area to me when the busses dropped us off last year. Course, I was seriously overwhelmed. I know you exit out the park main entrance so leaving you could walk back....

I would certainly think so, but I can't remember where the corrals were. Seemed very unfamiliar area to me when the busses dropped us off last year. Course, I was seriously overwhelmed. I know you exit out the park main entrance so leaving you could walk back....

:lmao: I was so disoriented too!! Glad it wasn't just me!! :lmao: I think it must have been one of the lesser-used parking lots??? But I really have no idea!!

:lmao: I was so disoriented too!! Glad it wasn't just me!! :lmao: I think it must have been one of the lesser-used parking lots??? But I really have no idea!!

:rotfl2:

I have no idea where we were either!!! You could have told me we were in another state and I wouldn't have questioned it. ;)

freepixie said:

You should have seen dh and me after the race. 3 am. We got off the wrong stop on the bus, Yacht Club instead of beach club. We were soooo confused! The poor valet must have thought we were crazy. Hahahahaaha

I am staying at BWV and was wondering if it's not a host resort, can I walk over to the start by taking the path to HS?

Yes you can, I did that last year. It was easy to find the bag drop area, sort of across the parking lot to the left after you came out of the walkway. Just follow the lights and sounds! I was so soaked from the run that I walked back to my room and showered and then walked back to the party.

But now that you mention that BW was not a host resort, I do not remember how I got to the expo.

Do we know which resorts are host resorts? I looked on the website but didin't see anything and want to know if I missed it. When do they let us know which resorts are host resorts. Next month it 7 months for me to book our DVC and would like to know where to book.

ahoff said:
Yes you can, I did that last year. It was easy to find the bag drop area, sort of across the parking lot to the left after you came out of the walkway. Just follow the lights and sounds! I was so soaked from the run that I walked back to my room and showered and then walked back to the party.

But now that you mention that BW was not a host resort, I do not remember how I got to the expo.

I think Bw was a host wasn't if? Or maybe it was bc. Could you have taken a bus from there?

pilgrimr said:
Do we know which resorts are host resorts? I looked on the website but didin't see anything and want to know if I missed it. When do they let us know which resorts are host resorts. Next month it 7 months for me to book our DVC and would like to know where to book.

It is on the site. I want to say it is the same ones as last year.

Did the ToT 10 miler sell out last year?I saw that it didn't have as many runners as the marathon weekend races,is it that Disney limits the number of registrations or it just wasn't as popular.

DOOM1001 said:
Did the ToT 10 miler sell out last year?I saw that it didn't have as many runners as the marathon weekend races,is it that Disney limits the number of registrations or it just wasn't as popular.

Yes it did sell out but not right away, I remember that registration opened on Valentines day. Then forward to Friday the 13th of April, they revealed the medal. Thats when I registered, and I think it filled up the week after that!

I think Bw was a host wasn't if? Or maybe it was bc. Could you have taken a bus from there?

BW was, we had dinner there and took the bus from there.

TOT did sell out last year, and then they opened up a waitlist. I was on the waitlist and got in around the middle of May.

Yes, it must have been. I guess I misread the OP's question. I met a friend who was staying at BC with his family at the Bakery and we walked to the start.

An off topic comment on walking, this year for Full I was staying at SSR. I had friends who were staying at OKW and PO, and we all walked from respective resorts and met at corner near OKW, which was right across the street from the corrals. It was a 20 minute walk from my room in Congress Park area to start. The year before I had a real bad experience with bus from BW, missed the start as no busses showed for almost an hour.

So I had never heard of Disney running events until yesterday! I would love to do the ToT 10 miler, but my vacation is already booked (meaning: nonrefundable) with our check out day that Saturday morning. But I did see that the 5K was that morning so I thought that could be a great first event at Disney (I'm sure I'll catch the *bug* everyone on here seems to talk about!)

My question is this: the race starts at 7, and we have to be checked out of our rental house (in Windsor Hills...about a mile from Disney) by 10 am. I would REALLY love to be able to go back to the house and take a 5 minute shower before having to leave. (The people in the airport would probably appreciate it too! :rotfl2:) Has anyone done this event before and know if this is even feasible? We will have a rental car so won't have to wait for a bus or taxi.

Thanks!

So I had never heard of Disney running events until yesterday! I would love to do the ToT 10 miler, but my vacation is already booked (meaning: nonrefundable) with our check out day that Saturday morning. But I did see that the 5K was that morning so I thought that could be a great first event at Disney (I'm sure I'll catch the *bug* everyone on here seems to talk about!)

My question is this: the race starts at 7, and we have to be checked out of our rental house (in Windsor Hills...about a mile from Disney) by 10 am. I would REALLY love to be able to go back to the house and take a 5 minute shower before having to leave. (The people in the airport would probably appreciate it too! :rotfl2:) Has anyone done this event before and know if this is even feasible? We will have a rental car so won't have to wait for a bus or taxi.

Thanks!

I would say it is... but it depends on how fast of a runner you are. I don't think that they do corrals for the 5k. Anyone know? Assuming they don't and you actually start at 7am... If you can do a 10 minute mile, you will be done in about a half hour. Back to your room by 8am and plenty of time to check out. However, I know that my dd did the kids races that follow the 5k last year and there were people just finishing as we arrived. I want to say that would have maybe been around 8am or so. Even if that is the case, I would think that you could still make it back to your room by 9am.

Still no DVC discount code :confused3

I am sure its me but I can't see a price for this year anywhere?

I am subscribing to this thread in hopes of running this year :) Which DVC club resort would be the most convenient to stay at if you are relying on Disney Transportation?

This will be my first Disney race unless you count the Castaway Cay 5k which I did earlier this month. I try to run a local race a month (either 5k or 10k) but have yet to run a race longer then 10k.

Can't wait for this race. My husband and I leave on our first Disney cruise the day after the race. :cool1:
I am doing the PHM in 2 two weeks. princess: Does anyone know if I can register for this race while Im there. I remember seeing a RunDisney booth at last year's expo. I guess it's crazy to ask if there is some kind of discount to register while Im there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter