Official 2013 Tinker Bell Half Marathon Thread

Leskash75 said:
Very fun did not get swept which was my fear. :) didn't do character pictures except one pirate and one on the fly shot of Ferb.

We are staying until Wednesday and going to parks. Hanging out with my husband brother so that has been fun

That's my fear for PH next month! Congratulations on finishing!

What a great weekend. Weather was awesome, run course was perfect, Red Hat lades were incredible.
Hope everyone had a great time. I will be trying to convince my lady friends in PA to make this an annual event with me, they were all jealous of the sunny beach pics I kept sending them.
Loved seeing all the costumes, my wings made it, thanks to some pixie dust in corral C and some pins :)

I had such a good time yesterday! Loved the added time in the parks compared to last year, and Tinker Bell was actually there this year too! The Red Hat ladies were wonderful, as was Mchael Jackson (the Cha Mone Don't stop! Sign was phenomenal). Just all of the support and encouragement throughout the course were fantastic and hugely appreciated.

I had such a good time yesterday! Loved the added time in the parks compared to last year, and Tinker Bell was actually there this year too! The Red Hat ladies were wonderful, as was Mchael Jackson (the Cha Mone Don't stop! Sign was phenomenal). Just all of the support and encouragement throughout the course were fantastic and hugely appreciated.

I was happy to see Tink as well!

Michael was the guy that puts on the Hollywood Half Marathon! He was hilarious!

Did anyone get a picture of the guy with the course"course lair " sign...the sign and his comments just cracked me up

I met Kim3339 in line for Pirates! Nice to meet you Kim.

It was nice to meet you too!

Kirstie ~ didn't see that guy, where was he? I liked the guy at the end when we came in the parking lot that said "Why do all the girls run away from me?"

Good race... loved loved loved the red hat ladies. It seemed like there were a ton more this year than last year. Saw some walking around the park yesterday and their shirts said Las Vegas. Can't believe they came in from that far away. Liked the more time in the parks and the change going in through Manchester vs. Disney Way, makes it all the more different than the DL 1/2 which if you do both is good so you don't get tired w/ the same course.

And if anyone from run disney is reading this ~ loved the 5am start. And it would be really appreciated for the DL 1/2 in August.

Congrats on finishing everyone!!! Same time next year?

kristie03 said:
Did anyone get a picture of the guy with the course"course lair " sign...the sign and his comments just cracked me up

No picture but I saw him too. It was probably only mile 2 he was like "You're almost done!" Lol.

As much as I hated getting up at 3:30 I did like the early start.

I was happy to see Tink this year. And there were SO many Red Hat Ladies!

I saw someone with a sign in the finish area that was a huge picture of Ryan Gossling and it said Hey girl, I'm waiting for you at the finish line. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I saw him and laughed every time.

I ran with a video camera on my head so I will be sure to keep it in once I edit the video.

I will post a link here to youtube, it usually takes me within a week of the race to get the video up.

I have to give props to the 'High Five' section, thought that was really cool.

Anyone else get the link to their photos and also have a heart attack. 39.95 for 1 photo, I really want it but will not pay that kind of money for 1 photo. Too bad b/c it is a really great photo. Not sure who is losing out more, me or them. I would prolly buy it if it were $20-25

I ran with a video camera on my head so I will be sure to keep it in once I edit the video.

I will post a link here to youtube, it usually takes me within a week of the race to get the video up.

Anyone else get the link to their photos and also have a heart attack. 39.95 for 1 photo, I really want it but will not pay that kind of money for 1 photo. Too bad b/c it is a really great photo. Not sure who is losing out more, me or them. I would prolly buy it if it were $20-25

Do you have any other photos up yet? I had a boatload of mine up when I got the photo. I'm still waiting for hopefully a few more photos. Particularly I am hoping I have more than one photo with Minnie finishing.

So far like MarathonFoto better than Brightroom. I had three other experience with them (SF Marathon, SF 1/2 Marathon, and MCM). Didn't really have anything to compare those racephotos with but comparing them with Brightroom's photos from before I think they did a fantastic job.

On another note, good lord I want to smack the lady on my flight on Tuesday for not wearing a face mask in spite of sounding really sick (she was one row away from me, across the aisle). Okay maybe not smack her but give her a long lecture at least. School starts tomorrow and guess who is sick? Me!

And of course my Mom is now paranoid that any trip I take will result with me being sick this semester.

And I am worried about my friend who is scheduled for knee surgery on Thursday accidentally having caught whatever I have (suspect flu but DOMs is currently masking one of the big signs (aches)). Mom thinks it food poisoning but if it doesn't fade in the next 48 hours in spite of medicine we will probably be visiting my general practitioner.

I really, really don't want to go to class tomorrow.

Made it back home last night and back at work this AM...yuck :crazy2:

It was great meeting everyone at dinner Friday night and also meeting MotoXPrincess at California Adventure sunday...thanks for saying hello!

I feel like I need to do this one again next year so I can do better...can't let it get the best of me!

Hopefully I'll get to see some of you again at PHM next month!!

Aw, man! It's things like this that make me sad I wear my headphones. I didn't see or hear him :( I was in the zone. But reading the comments he was making on the FB page made me laugh!

-----------------------------------------

I signed up for Dumbo Double Dare this morning. Call me crazyyy! But I'm so excited for it :). Hopefully I'll make it through training in the heat this summer unlike last year... :hyper:

Aw, man! It's things like this that make me sad I wear my headphones. I didn't see or hear him :( I was in the zone. But reading the comments he was making on the FB page made me laugh!

-----------------------------------------

I signed up for Dumbo Double Dare this morning. Call me crazyyy! But I'm so excited for it :). Hopefully I'll make it through training in the heat this summer unlike last year... :hyper:

I think my BF may go ahead and register for the half only...he likes that one for some reason. I'm gonna skip it though since we're planning a Food & Wine Fest and Thanksgiving trip. If he ends up doing DL he'll just make it a quick weekend trip and probably stay with his cousin in LA to save $$. A small part of me really wants to do the DDD though...or at the very least, the new 10K.

Holy moly y'all! DDD is SOLD OUT already, 10k is 75% full and half is 52% full...it just officially opened a couple of hours ago to the general public. Insane! Congrats to those that made it in to the DDD!

Holy moly y'all! DDD is SOLD OUT already, 10k is 75% full and half is 52% full...it just officially opened a couple of hours ago to the general public. Insane! Congrats to those that made it in to the DDD!

Woah. That's insane! I have it on my to-do list to talk to DH tonight about the 10k, but I guess we might be blocked even if we did want to do it!

Woah. That's insane! I have it on my to-do list to talk to DH tonight about the 10k, but I guess we might be blocked even if we did want to do it!

I think the 10k has since sold out as well :worried: I read that GET travel has a waiting list in case more slots open up. Maybe there are charity spots open somewhere?

I think the 10k has since sold out as well :worried: I read that GET travel has a waiting list in case more slots open up. Maybe there are charity spots open somewhere?

I guess that means I'll need to figure out childcare for Sunday morning so we can do the half together instead! :rotfl: My guess is that he'll veto it, though -- he thinks it will be too hot and busy that weekend. His real goal is the parks with the girls (currently 2 and 5), so even this past weekend was too busy for his tastes.

You can buy the digital package and get all the photos for $90. You will need to get them printed, but it is much cheaper. We paid $50 for a voucher that is worth $75 towards the purchase so it is a little cheaper.

Just back last night. I was not able to get the wifi in my room at Stovall's and for the most part couldn't be bothered sitting in the lobby to access i-net. So, I was unable to keep track of how you ladies were doing throughout the weekend.

Cripey-we must have been in the Radiator Springs line together on Saturday morning! Big dash to get there, then the ride hadn't opened yet.... Got on around 9:30.

Anyway, I did finish, despite the hiatus from training. I was about 15 minutes slower than the Wine and Dine, and the DOMS hit really hard Monday and Tuesday, but I am feeling more normal today. I think I will follow Galloway more closely with limiting my training to 2 weekly runs and a long run then work on my core and strength on the other days. Hopefully this will help with the injury problems. I will forget about working on my speed-for now...

Had a great day after the race. We rented a convtible and took the scenic route to Laguna Beach. It was beautiful! We got our feet wet, watched the sunset and enjoyed some great food. Back to the parks Monday and home yesterday. I hope to run it again, just not sure when.

Cripey-we must have been in the Radiator Springs line together on Saturday morning! Big dash to get there, then the ride hadn't opened yet.... Got on around 9:30.

Did you see that once we got to the road leading through Cars Land, a couple of CM's, Mater and Lightning slowly led the way down the road...I was too short to even notice it but my BF did and I caught a glimpse a couple of times...it was really cute! Super cute ride...and our car won the race!

Congrats on your finish!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter