off to the hospital once again!updated!

Sonya, this is the 1st time I read this and I can only say how I admire you so much for being so strong through all of this. I can only imagine what you have gone through dealing with this terrible disease. Just by the way you are talking I can tell you spirits are up and that has got to be one of the most important things when facing something like this. You stay strong. And also I would love to support Cancer research and wear the Livestrong bracelet. Do you get them online or can you purchase them in stores?

You can buy them online at www.livestrong.com

Best of luck
My grandma has kidney cancer and my uncle has skin cancer so I know its rough for you​

*hugs* hey Sonya! its great to hear from you. I think of you all the time.
Find something to distract you from your feet, (like the DIS lol!). While it is horrible now it will get better! stay strong. also im going to get another livestrong mine broke.

I'm a little choked up right now, but I'll try to type this anyway.

A friend of mine's older brother has been suffering from a brain tumor the past couple of years, a cancer that I can't remember the name of. About a month ago they just ran out of treatment ideas; it was a really strong tumor and they couldn't stop it from spreading, and they just gave up and focused on the happy. (He's 16, by the way). My friend was really tense at our football game yesterday, having to sit near the exit, never letting go of her cell phone. About 10 minutes ago I found out why--he's not expected to make it through the night, the doctor says a few days at most. This is a really big deal in my town, and if you'd like to see his website, it's brandonelam.com .

I'm not very good at telling this story--It's not so tragic when you read the real thing. Brandon's always so happy, so positive, and it's really pretty inspirational.

hey all!
updating you guys once again.

i spent the night in the hospital,and i'll probably have to stay 2 more nights.
i had a chest x-ray yesterday,everything's fine.
but i became nuetropenic,which just means i'm VERY susceptible to infection.
i still have my cold,so i've been blowing my nose like crazy.
my feet are clearing up,not as painful,red,or blistery as before.
i've still got my mouthsores.
they're so bad even IV morphine didn't help!
they're expanding to my throat and ears so that's even more painful.
i haven't eaten in 2 days,and it hurts to swallow.
and my front bottom teeth are all messed up,and have jagged edges.
it's cutting up the bottom of my tounge.
that's extremely painful.

i have to get another blood transfusion today.
that should make me feel better.

i'm not going to get the next chemo i was supposed to get before surgery.
each cycle has 3 treatments,and i've only got 2 in the bag.
i was supposed to get the 3rd treatment today,but the doctor doesn't want to give it to me.
so my surgery,as it stands,will be october 10th.
yay!get that tumor outta me!
all my tests to check before surgery will be today.
so i've got a ct scan and an mri today.

so that's pretty much it.
check in with you guys soon.
Sonya.

ugh.
these mouth sores just aren't going away!
they're incredibly annoying.
i've been on pain meds and narcotics all day just to get rid of the pain.
i might try walking soon as my feet are feeling better.
and i've got my pre-surgery ct scan and mri done so all i've got left is the pre-surgery check-up.

anyhoo,i just got back from my mri which was located in the basement of the hospital.
and guess what else is in the hospital?
THE MORGUE!
ick,talk about creepy!
it was all cold down there and it just gave me the creeps.

well i've got to go,
the nurses are coming to chenge my port needles that are in my chest.
which basically just means they're going to stab me with a needle several times in my chest.
oh joy!:rolleyes:

update you guys again sometime soon.
Sonya.

Oh Sonya. :hug:
You'll make it through. Much Pixie Dust <3

(I'm wearing my LiveStrong now for you :teeth:)

aw sonya you seem so strong.
alright im going to go threw my things now and look for my livestrong braclet.
i wish you all the best. :hug:

Sonya, I just read your story and I am crying right now. I had my Grams pass from Cancer and hearing what you are going through made me tear up. But what seems to amaze me with the words that you right is your spirit throughout all this. This must be so hard to you , but from what you right it shows you are so so strong in your battle against this nasty Cancer. I wish you the best Sonya in everything and Just wanted to say I and my friends all wear our Livestrong bracelets to support Cancer reasearch. Sonya if you need anything , don't hestitate to P.M. me. I am always willing to listen and hopefully help.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter