Off-site rentals that allow pets

DawnM

DIS Veteran
We have never taken our dogs with us. However, we are putting our house on the market and the realtor told us to leave the house for a week if at all possible so the house can stay pristine.

SO, we are looking at heading down to Orlando.

Where do you stay with pets? I am looking on AirBnB and VRBO but anywhere else I should be looking?

We have two large dogs (lab size mixes).

Thanks!

We have never taken our dogs with us. However, we are putting our house on the market and the realtor told us to leave the house for a week if at all possible so the house can stay pristine.

SO, we are looking at heading down to Orlando.

Where do you stay with pets? I am looking on AirBnB and VRBO but anywhere else I should be looking?

We have two large dogs (lab size mixes).

Thanks!
When we go on vacation we board our pets. There are typically services for this in most towns.

Orlando also has pet boarding services.

You could rent accommodations that accept pets Orlando has a million rental properties, so you should find something that accepts your dogs.

Drury Inn accepts two dogs, but the combined weight can't be more than 80 pounds. I'm guessing your dogs weigh more.

The benefit of boarding is you can stay anywhere you want, like a Disney hotel. You don't have to haul your pets hundreds of miles in a car. Of course, it costs money to board. You just have to decide what works best for you.

When we go on vacation we board our pets. There are typically services for this in most towns.

Orlando also has pet boarding services.

You could rent accommodations that accept pets Orlando has a million rental properties, so you should find something that accepts your dogs.

Drury Inn accepts two dogs, but the combined weight can't be more than 80 pounds. I'm guessing your dogs weigh more.

The benefit of boarding is you can stay anywhere you want, like a Disney hotel. You don't have to haul your pets hundreds of miles in a car. Of course, it costs money to board. You just have to decide what works best for you.
I am aware that many board their dogs, that wasn't my question.

We have been traveling with our pug the last few years due to multiple bad experiences with dog sitters. We much prefer renting homes to staying in hotels. In Orlando we have stayed at Summerville resort the last two years. New townhomes and most are pet friendly, we booked with Columbia vacation homes through Airbnb.
We have also had a good stay in a condo at Vista Cay, it is close to Seaworld and pet friendly.
Do not recommend staying at Floridays, it was absolutely nasty but they do allow pets.
If you would be OK with a cabin there are pet friendly ones at the KOA in Kissimmee and Davenport, and the cabins at Ft Wilderness allow pets but Disney charges a $50 per night pet fee.

We have been traveling with our pug the last few years due to multiple bad experiences with dog sitters. We much prefer renting homes to staying in hotels. In Orlando we have stayed at Summerville resort the last two years. New townhomes and most are pet friendly, we booked with Columbia vacation homes through Airbnb.
We have also had a good stay in a condo at Vista Cay, it is close to Seaworld and pet friendly.
Do not recommend staying at Floridays, it was absolutely nasty but they do allow pets.
If you would be OK with a cabin there are pet friendly ones at the KOA in Kissimmee and Davenport, and the cabins at Ft Wilderness allow pets but Disney charges a $50 per night pet fee.
Thank you.
I am finding that as I look for places that are pet friendly I need to click on them to see what that actually means. Some allow only dogs under a certain weight and you can't weed those out in a search. Some allow only service animals, etc....

We've taken our dogs with us to a couple of different Home2Suites. I'm not sure of the size restriction though, as we have small dogs.

We usually stay at the Cabins at Fort Wilderness, but we have also stayed at Port Orleans Riverside and a suite at Art of Animation (our preference is the Cabins at Fort Wilderness in general, but especially with a dog). Yacht Club also allows dogs but their pet fee is higher ($75/night vs $50) so we haven’t stayed there yet.

We have also tried Airbnb for dog friendly accommodations in central Florida a few years ago- the first place canceled on us the night before we were supposed to travel (they had a roof issue- not their fault but certainly put us in a not great position, especially as they didn’t process the refund properly/immediately so we had to scramble to find a new place last minute but also with all of our accommodation money already tied up) the second place was ok but we could get only three nights there (bc it was so last minute- and it turned out that they also had a roof issue!) but it was a moot point on repeat trips because they sold the house and stopped renting before we could go there again.

TL;DR Airbnb isn’t reliable so we just stay in one of the official WDW Resort hotels that allows dogs.

Thanks guys. I should have specified. We need at least a 2 bedroom condo as there are 6 of us.
But we have found a place now, through VRBO, I just had to keep looking to see the pet restrictions on each listing. Then I messaged the owner before buying so I was assured of what size dogs we could bring.

Thanks guys. I should have specified. We need at least a 2 bedroom condo as there are 6 of us.
But we have found a place now, through VRBO, I just had to keep looking to see the pet restrictions on each listing. Then I messaged the owner before buying so I was assured of what size dogs we could bring.

Glad you found something that worked!

FWIW (backup, the future, or someone else who has a similar question), the cabins at Fort Wilderness and the suites at Art of Animation each sleep 6.

I’m glad you found something. I wish that VRBO/other rental venues would have a filter for big dogs. I’ve found that for almost all rentals that are “pet friendly”, they are only pet friendly for small dogs.

Glad you found something that worked!

FWIW (backup, the future, or someone else who has a similar question), the cabins at Fort Wilderness and the suites at Art of Animation each sleep 6.
Thanks. We prefer actual bedrooms with teens/young adults. And of course the cost.

But good to know in case we need it or have fewer people with us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter