Off brand Zyrtec

My DH and I take Allerga d but now our insurance won't cover it anymore.

That's crazy! Generic Allegra is sooo cheap. I have never heard of a prescription plan that doesn't cover generic drugs? Glad we don't run into those at my pharmacy.

I use Clarinex (Allegra D didn't work for me, Zrytec didn't work for me). The only other thing that worked - Seldane-D - was taken off the market. That was a dark day for me as it took awhile before I found something that worked - Clarinex. Unfortunately, though, it's still on patent and it's really expensive.

Allergist is now switching me from Clarinex to Veramyst + Astelin sprays - says they're the most powerful thing on the market today. (And also patented so $$$.) We'll see.

I also "mourned" when Seldane D was taken off the market. Nothing has helped as well as it did. I started using Veramyst a couple months ago. My co-pay is $30!! I think it is helping. I also just discovered Bausch & Lomb Alaway eye drops. They seem to work the best for me so far. My eyes are always horrible from allergies. All together, I am spending a small fortune every month.
Veramyst - $30.00
12 hour Sudafed (CVS brand, two 20 ct boxes) - $11.00
Alaway - $13.00
Zyrtec (Walmart brand) - $6.00 ??

That doesn't even count what DH & DD take for their seasonal allergies. YIKES!!!
I am definitely going to talk to my allergist about allergy shots, especially since I have year round allergies (mold, pollen, tree pollen, corn pollen, dust, my puppy).

I have a friend that is a pharmacist and she told me there is no generic Zyrtec yet. I know CVS packages one with similar colors and it's right next to the Zyrtec, but it must not be exactly the same. I have TERRIBLE seasonal allergies and I take a combo Zyrtec and Singular (still only Rx) and I have to admit I don't think it actually does much for me! I am miserable no matter what I take! :confused3 So pretty much, I just endure. Good luck to all with allergies - I feel your pain!!

That explains it then. I tried the CVS brand and it didn't work at all! I thought it was maybe a bad batch, but now I won't try it again.

Not true. The generic came out right before it went over the counter earlier in the year. We have been selling the generic OTC for months at Costco. Can't beat a 300 day supply for $13.00!!!!

I wonder if it isn't true, because the generic didn't work on me, but the regular Zyrtec does. Plus, I was told by the pharmacy right before Zyrtec went OTC that there wouldn't be a generic for about 18 months. I was shocked to see the generic the same day as the normal debuted. I tried it and it didn't work at all for me. So, I wonder......

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter