# of meals covered

ksl5f123

DIS Veteran
I was just reading some posts on the Mom board on the WDW site and in two separate posts, they said that the number of meals that you get is based on the number of NIGHTS that you stay. Is that correct? So, if I stay 7 days/6 nights and have a 7 day park hopper ticket, then I only get 6 days of meals? Are they just imprecise in their language or do I need to reduce my ADRs? Thanks!

The dining plan doesn't have anything to do with the length of your park ticket. In fact, it doesn't matter what length of park ticket you buy. Some types of reservations (annual passholder package, DVC) do not require any park ticket purchase at all to add a dining plan.

It has everything to do with the length of your resort stay. If you are on the basic dining plan staying 6 nights at your resort, you will receive 6 TS, 6 CS and 6 snack credits per person. It's up to you to schedule the meals to fit the number of credits you have. Remember that some restauarants will cost 2 credits per person for one meal.

Well, I answered my own question by doing some research. Yes, it is the number of nights. Guess I have some thinking to do about reducing ADRs or paying OOP.

If you wind up paying OOP, take a look at the menus on allears.net and figure out what each meal will cost and pay for the least expensive meal. This is usually the buffets or breakfasts. When I did this, I failed to include the cost of beverages and desserts - hindsight is always 20/20.

Also, depending on what time you are arriving/departing, you may not have time for all of your dining credits on those days. Just another thing to consider.

Good luck figuring out what works best for you.

Well, I answered my own question by doing some research. Yes, it is the number of nights. Guess I have some thinking to do about reducing ADRs or paying OOP.

We thought we were going to be in the same boat, because we had booked two character dining experiences; 1900 Park Fare and Akerhaus in Norway - both dinners. I checked the allearsnet site and it stated they were 2 TS credits. We were pleasantly surprised that both nights, they only charged us one TS credit each.

We ended up having enough credits for the whole week, and had two extra counter services that we used the day we left - I was sick for two days and ended up having my traveling companions bring a TS dinner back for me to warm up in our room. We used them for breakfast the last day we were there....

We were also shocked to see we had 11 snack credits left on the last night - we were so busy making sure we had enough, we never used them. We bought snacks to take on the plane our last day and brought some home for nieces/nephews.

1900 Park Fare and Akershus were never 2 credit restaurants, so I'm not sure where that came from. They've always been 1 credit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter