October 31st 2022 - 7-Night Disney Magic HotHigh Seas from New York (via Bermuda, Antigua & St Maarten) to SanJuan, PR

Let’s talk Bermuda. What is everyone else doing?

I spent a rainy yesterday learning all I needed to know about Bermuda. I‘m surprised at the short time we’re there compared to the other Magic sailings. And bummed the ferry to St. George isn’t running. Definitely complicates the day. 😞

We’re not doing any DCL excursions and, based on our times and ferry/bus schedules, it doesn’t seem worth it to me to take the trip to St. George’s/Caves/Swizzle Inn/Aquarium/anything on East side. I think we are going to take the 9:30 ferry to Hamilton, do the free 10:30 (1 hr 45 min) walking tour of Hamilton with the town crier, have a rum swizzle/lunch at Hog Penny then take Bus 7 to walk the 1.25 mile path along the pink beaches (Warwick Long Bay/Jobson’s Cove/Horseshoe Bay for a swizzle) and take the $7 beach shuttle back. Maybe have time then to explore Dockyard and grab another swizzle at Frog & Onion? - but I think that may be too optimistic. And, of course, find a store to grab a few bottles of wine to bring onboard. 😂 (Thoughts/comments on any parts of our plan from anyone who has been there are appreciated.)

(Looks like we will be there with the Norwegian Joy for crowd consideration.)
You are so far ahead of anyone with this analysis. Thanks!!!

Bus#7 is key as it gets one to the key sites among the S.Shore (the tennis facility at the S.Hampton Fairmont is a walk across the parking lot from the HorseShoe Bay parking/bus lot).
Ferry to Hamilton is expeditious too.

Woohoo! Grabbed a chocolate and liquor tasting late last night. Now we’re all set onboard.

And heads up to all, even though Bermuda has lifted testing requirements for our sailing, DCL has not. We’ll need to go by whatever their rules are. Maybe if enough of us complain about having to spend extra time and money on something not required on any of their other ships or any port, they’ll drop it?

Lot of moving targets of information, so perhaps it is normal to be confused . . .
We (two adults), are on this cruise, and are both fully vaccinated - just got our bivalents this week!
So it appears, we don't need to arrange any pre-cruise testing the days before the cruise?
As:
1) DCL now only requires that we upload our vaccination status before we embark, no additional Safe Passages testing required.
https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/why-cruise-disney/experience-updates/us/
2) for the Oct 31st sailing, Bermuda does not require a test, but we do have to upload our vaccination status and pay $40/each to get our "Bermuda Travel Authorization"
https://www.gov.bm/cruise-travel-authorisation
(see fine print "All Cruise travelers arriving October 25, 2022 onward")

Does this make sense to you'all?
Thanks!

On the PORTS OF CALL Bermuda specific page, DCL still requires all passengers (vaccinated and unvaccinated) to produce negative tests through 10/31 sailings, even though Bermuda says not necessary for arrivals past 10/25. BUT…the COVID-19 vaccination page of “KNOW BEFORE YOU GO,” gives an end date of 10/21 for testing to go to Bermuda. We have to go by DCL policy.

My Dreams Unlimited travel agent is trying to sort through the discrepancy and lmk if our sailing (and that would also be the 10/26 sailing) is exempt from testing to match Bermuda requirements.

Seems other Cruise lines are also sorting it out and still have testing requirements for Bermuda past the 10/25 date. Hope it all gets sorted out in the next few days.

Last edited:
On the PORTS OF CALL Bermuda specific page, DCL still requires all passengers (vaccinated and unvaccinated) to produce negative tests through 10/31 sailings, even though Bermuda says not necessary for arrivals past 10/25. BUT…the COVID-19 vaccination page of “KNOW BEFORE YOU GO,” gives a date of 10/21 to Bermuda. We have to go by DCL policy.

My Dreams Unlimited travel agent is trying to sort through the discrepancy and lmk if our sailing (and that would also be the 10/25 sailing) is exempt from testing to match Bermuda requirements.

Seems other Cruise lines are also sorting it out and still have testing requirements for Bermuda past the 10/25 date. Hope it all gets sorted out in the next few days.

Attachments

• EE0F3B1E-F1D5-4D7B-9D7F-D6418E5665E3.png
    EE0F3B1E-F1D5-4D7B-9D7F-D6418E5665E3.png
    82.9 KB · Views: 7
From the PORTS OF CALL section

Attachments

• C78C3ABB-045F-4D8A-8609-912E84FC1CE7.jpeg
    C78C3ABB-045F-4D8A-8609-912E84FC1CE7.jpeg
    65.4 KB · Views: 4
Go this reply last night from my Dreams TA…

”The latest info I just got from DCL is that you need to take a NAAT or PCR test 1-2 days prior to sailing. You still need to do the Authorization Form, however, you don’t need to test for it after October 25th, so you’ll just ignore the fourth step, pay the $40 and upload your vaccination records.”

We booked VGT and see our room has been assigned. It seems there are a good amount of empty cabins this close out so I’m surprised we got a solid Verandah wall.

And just booked our Amtrak tickets to get to the city. Getting closer…

Last edited:
Has anyone had their travel authorizations approved by Bermuda's government yet? It's just over a week until departure now and I still haven't heard back from them.

Just got my Bermuda authorizations a few minutes ago. I applied on 10/17 (last Monday). My in-laws got theirs last night and this morning, and they both also applied last Monday.

This was the last step for us. We're all ready to go! It's happening!!!

Just got my Bermuda authorizations a few minutes ago. I applied on 10/17 (last Monday). My in-laws got theirs last night and this morning, and they both also applied last Monday.

This was the last step for us. We're all ready to go! It's happening!!!
Mine just came in too. Woohoo! All clear to sail! 🚢

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter