October 30, 2011 Wonder - A Haunting on the High Seas

Meig

Earning My Ears
I was originally scheduled on the 11/6/11 Wonder but then realized that schedule wasn't going to work, so I bumped it up a week and here I am.

Who is joining me and my family for some Haunting on the High Seas? It's only 18 months away :hyper: Maybe this thread will help the months pass more quickly.

p.s. I am totally up for a FE, too.

EDIT: If you are on this cruise and want to add yourself to the spreadsheet of who you are and what room you're in, etc., add it here: https://spreadsheets.google.com/spr...QW07ZuA8a4izKy3q3VMR9Q&authkey=CM2SpuMB#gid=0 Google account required.

Hi Lesa,

My family is scheduled for this cruise and we are wayyy excited. :banana:

My family consists of DH, DS (who will be 12) and a ??. We are pregnant with our 2nd child and will not know the sex until the baby gets here in October. :)

How 'bout you?

I'm pretty green as to FE, so I may need some help with what to do and what is expected, but definitely want to participate!

Angela

Hi, Angela :)

I have two boys, who will be ages 11 1/2 and 9 when we are sailing, so my oldest will be in the same age group as your son.

Have you been on a cruise before? If so, you know how great a cruise is. If not, you're in for a really awesome time :) I am SO looking forward to this one.

I have already almost finished my FE for the cruise :rotfl: I am waiting on the patches I had made with our names on them. I am pretty green to FE, too, but I hope we get a lot of people who are on the cruise and who sign up for it.

p.s. Congrats on #2!

Hi Lesa,

This is our 2nd Disney cruise. Our first was last Halloween, when we did the Western Caribbean on the Magic. My son said the worst day of his life was having to get off the boat and come home. ;)

My party is expanding... My parents are coming with us again, we have a nephew and his wife coming, and now a sister-in-law with her grandson, aged 9.

How many times have you cruised with Disney?

*sigh* one more day closer... This dreary weather has me wishing to be on the boat now...

Angela

Angela,

This is our second Disney cruise, too. Our first was a western on the Magic back in May, 2008. DH and I have done a few other cruises on our own, all with Royal Caribbean. The DCL was our first family cruise. My boys LOVED it and didn't want to get off the ship, either.

My parents are scheduled to come with us, but we will see how it goes. My dad has a lot of health issues :confused3 I hope he is well enough to go this time, but they did come with us on the last one and that was nice.

What does Disney do for Halloween? I have read that they have ToT stations set up, but do they have any sort of other activities for the kids?

I am really looking forward to this cruise, though I will totally miss CC and the gorgeous blue waters of the Caribbean. My sons and I have never been to California, and never have seen the Pacific, so this will be a new experience for me. DH goes to the west coast frequently for travel so it isn't quite as exciting for him :sad2:

Speaking of dreary weather, that's how it is here today, so I totally feel your pain.

Hi Mieg and Angela,

DH and I are joining the fun of this cruise. It should be a blast...wait, not only should, IT will be a blast. Disney does it right for sure. As far as cruises go, this will be our second trip, also.

Hubby and I have been on 7 cruises altogether. The only other line we have gone on twice was Carnival, which was okay..yet nothing at all like a wonderful family cruise with the Mickey, Minnie, and the gang. Woohoo! :love:

We've been to Cabo San Lucas a couple years back on Celebrity and other Mexican ports-of-call--just not Puerto Vallerto or Matzalan. Of course, we are really looking forward to visiting these ports, too.

Nice to chat with you. Looking to have a great thread. We've surely begun already!!!

Hi Mieg,

Just wanted to introduce myself and give some background info on us. First, I need to let you know Angela (above poster) is my daughter so you already know a little bit about me already. LOL

Last year when we went on Disney (again see Angela's post), it was so much fun, we booked again with them. I'm not too, too crazy about the Mexican Riveria, but I'm all about the cruising. It's the best way to have a great vacation. When hubby and I celebrated our 30th wedding anniversary we went on a Panama Canal cruise with Celebrity and cruised from Fort Lauderdale to San Francisco. Our ports-of-call in Mexico were Huatulca (sp?), Acupulco, and Cabo. On the day we ported in Cabo, the wind was very strong, the water pretty choppy. We had booked a boat excursion and it just wasn't the best for that day. I'm hoping this time will be much better.

We've cruised on Premier Cruise Cruise--it was the precursor to Disney Cruise Line (we even had Disney characters onboard), Carnival, Norwegian, Celebrity, Royal Caribbean, and Disney. All of our children are grown and we have 2 grandsons (present ages are 10 and 6) and one on the way in October. All our children live near us (the furthest is about 9 miles away) and we live in Missouri. We have been truly blessed.

Our party of people are growing for this Halloween cruise. We started out as just Angela and her family plus us. We have about 10 so far in the party (this includes our newest addition on the way...hehe). Wowser! (Is that a word?) LOL The good thing is we possibly have another boy coming (between 9-10 years old) by the time cruise comes along. It will be his first cruise.

We're very excited about the trip. I love, love, love to cruise.
Nice talking with you.

BTW, my name is Terry. I'm also n2cruisin2 on Cruise Critic. You opened the thread there too. Love it!!!!! Great minds think alike.

Hello to everyone in this group. I wanted to take a moment to introduce myself. My name is Monica and I live in Mazatlan, Sinaloa Mexico. For anyone on a future Disney cruise to the Mexican Riviera, I am pleased to make myself available to you for any questions about the city of Mazatlan or country of Mexico.

As for myself, I am a resident of both the United States and of Mexico. I speak both English and Spanish fluently and I have sailed on DCL numerous times and have been a lifelong fan of Disney. Let me say right upfront, I am NOT selling anything nor am I affiliated with any business or tour company. I am only here to help and give honest information and opinions in an attempt to make your time in Mazatlan or Mexico a positive experience.

I hope that everyone will welcome me to the discussion and that I can be of assistance to anyone who has a question about my city or country. I will attempt to check the boards once per day, but should I miss a question, please do not hesitate to send me a private message. I look forward to getting to know everyone!

Gracias,
Monica

Hello from San Francisco. We are Val & Bob and this will be our 7th Disney cruise and 13th cruise overall. We just got home Saturday from the Disney TransAtlantic cruise. We had a wonderful time thanks to Disney and in a large part thanks to our fellow dis-board cruisers. We did so many fun things with the fellow dis-board members and I hope we can do some of them on this cruise. We would be more then happy to help organize any events our group would like to do.
We are currently planning the Panama Canal trip so I hope to get some more great ideas from that group of people to share with you.
We use to be annual pass holders at Disneyland and my husband grew-up in Southern California so we might be able to answer any questions you have about the LA area.
Have any of you contacted DCL about our group yet?
Look forward to planning and cruising with all of you.

Val & Bob

Have any of you had a chance to consider a logo for our group? Might want to come up with a few and we can vote on the one as we get a little closer. Val

I've checked this site a number of times but no new postings. Are you all still on the cruise and just busy? I know it is a full year away but I'm so looking forward to it.

Val

They are all still on the cruise. My wife and I (plus my son) have all decided to join this cruise well. Some of them don't frequent the boards may be as much as me (ajmoms and happytime).:thumbsup2

My Hubby and I and our son are going on this cruise. Really wish more people will join in on this thread so we can all get to know each other maybe more will join after the holidays.:)

They are all still on the cruise. My wife and I (plus my son) have all decided to join this cruise well. Some of them don't frequent the boards may be as much as me (ajmoms and happytime).:thumbsup2

My Hubby and I and our son are going on this cruise. Really wish more people will join in on this thread so we can all get to know each other maybe more will join after the holidays.:)

Happy day after Thanksgiving. I have been checking this thread every few days and not finding anything. I was so happy to see both of your postings.

We are going on the DCL Panama Canal cruise and have been busy with helping to plan that cruise. However, are looking forward to the Halloween cruise here on the west coast.

As I mentioned in previous postings, we live in San Francisco and this will be our 12th DCL cruise. We have met a lot of wonderful people here on the DISboards. The cruises were made even more special because of the events and tours we planned with the DIS members.

I am anxious to hear about you and your families. Also, your experiences with the boards.

Valerie

Hi All,

Just rechecking in to say we're still on this cruise. It's been a while since I've come to this site. Ajsmom and Fastpaks are my adult children and we are all on the cruise together.

It was my daughter, Ajsmom, who set up this cruise first, then we signed on. We'll be in an adjourning cabin because DD just had another son 6 weeks ago...so he'll be a year old next year. My son, Fastpaks, surprised us a couple weeks ago with the coolest news they also are going with us. They signed up when they attended their first ever Halloween cruise--on the Magic--a couple weeks ago. Ajsmom's b/f has his sister and her grandson coming, his nephew and wife in another cabin. :yay:

So I think our count is currently at 13:scared1: : Hubby and me, DD and her boyfriend, their two sons (12 and 1), b/f's sister and her grandson (10), b/f's sister's son and his wife, and finally my son, his wife, and their son (8).

We're all currently on Deck 6. 3 inside staterooms, 2 veranda staterooms near the aft elevators. :dance3:

I know I was wordy..it's been a wild kind of day for me. But let me just say with sincere heart...HI ALL!!! Welcome to what will be a great cruise.

happytime. (My real name is Terry, hubby is Mike).

Happy day after Thanksgiving. I have been checking this thread every few days and not finding anything. I was so happy to see both of your postings.

We are going on the DCL Panama Canal cruise and have been busy with helping to plan that cruise. However, are looking forward to the Halloween cruise here on the west coast.

As I mentioned in previous postings, we live in San Francisco and this will be our 12th DCL cruise. We have met a lot of wonderful people here on the DISboards. The cruises were made even more special because of the events and tours we planned with the DIS members.

I am anxious to hear about you and your families. Also, your experiences with the boards.

Valerie

I agree with the experiences being ++ because of fellow Dissers. Our past cruise we had nearly about 400 plus on the Magic that were. That said, we ran into a few people but not as often as one would think. I hoping to may be sneak a quick trip to DL since I have never been. Any thoughts? and if so are the crowds horrible? I heard its a totally different feel there that WDW.

Jonathan

I agree with the experiences being ++ because of fellow Dissers. Our past cruise we had nearly about 400 plus on the Magic that were. That said, we ran into a few people but not as often as one would think. I hoping to may be sneak a quick trip to DL since I have never been. Any thoughts? and if so are the crowds horrible? I heard its a totally different feel there that WDW.

Jonathan

On the WBTA cruise we had a group tee shirt. Once the logo was picked many people ordered the shirts. One generous person organized the order and mailed out the shirts to people. They looked really nice. Plus when you saw someone on board or on land wearing the shirts it was an immediate connection and earned at least a hello or smile. We also had bright yellow lanyards which everyone wore.
On the January Panama Canal cruise I found that Vista Prints would help setup a group site. I posted the image the group voted to use and then people could order and pay for their own shirts. Vista then mailed them out. The quality is good, not great but good, and the price really low when you use the coupons they are always offering.
Both these cruises are longer then our Halloween cruise 15+ days, with many sea days. A number of events were/are organized. Working with DCL I have a Champagne Girls and a Mixology/Hawiian Shirt Contest tasting being planned. I also have a cabin tour and a postcard exchange organized. Another website tekkie has developed a site for us to keep our group organized. They are also keeping the FE site in order. I don't know if this group with be interested any doing any of this but I am willing to help if they are. Val

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter