October 2020 Car Rental Thread

I used Contract 860292 Disney Passholder & Coupon AU5592DJK 1 car upgrade. I think now is the time to start being really watchful. Prices are starting to move; we'll see our sweet spot in the next 3-4 weeks.
As a reminder, that contract is restricted to current passholders. Was surprised to be ask to show it last year at the booth.

I’m seeing $288 for my 10 days. Will sit on the mr’s corporate rate, still less with avis but this is encouraging.

Has anyone ever done the rental car shuttle? Hotwire has cars from Ace $ 8 for compact and $13 for mini van. For us that's more than half price. Just not sure.

Has anyone ever done the rental car shuttle? Hotwire has cars from Ace $ 8 for compact and $13 for mini van. For us that's more than half price. Just not sure.
I did it 11 years ago for my honeymoon in Orlando and it would take a considerable discount for me to do it again, or someplace like DEN where there is no choice. Orlando was a 20 minute wait for the shuttle, 15 minutes on the shuttle and another 45 minutes when we got to the rental place. To me it depends on what else you have going on that you are trying to get to and how much you value that time. You also have to plan for more time when you return the car to get to the terminal.

As a reminder, that contract is restricted to current passholders. Was surprised to be ask to show it last year at the booth.

I’m seeing $288 for my 10 days. Will sit on the mr’s corporate rate, still less with avis but this is encouraging.
I have a pass but I still wouldn't worry about it if I didn't. That would be the first time I've ever heard of them asking for proof of any affiliation at the booth. Maybe at the counter they might ask, but not at the booth. There is no way they are backing up traffic at the booth for a Disney Pass or Costco card or anything else. All they want is your Skip the Counter ticket, credit card you reserve with, and drivers license.

I have a pass but I still wouldn't worry about it if I didn't. That would be the first time I've ever heard of them asking for proof of any affiliation at the booth. Maybe at the counter they might ask, but not at the booth. There is no way they are backing up traffic at the booth for a Disney Pass or Costco card or anything else. All they want is your Skip the Counter ticket, credit card you reserve with, and drivers license.
If you’ve never sat in line at the booth in MCO then you are indeed lucky

In a normal world we, fortunately, tend to be passing thru there at least between 5 - 7 times a year. Booth attendants have asked to see DIsney APH at least twice in last few years.

Years ago we were requested to present AAA card, but can’t remember which agency.

I’m not presenting myself as the moral affiliation police, just stating my experience YMMV.

Keisha, what does that mean... in a normal world you rent from MCO 5-7 times a year? Are those all Disney trips? :confused3 :worship:
Guilty as charged :), those are trips with the mr. We really enjoy WDW, U & cruises flying into MCO. I retired very early, soon for my mr. But he has earned lots of vacation time. We love sharing the magic with our only GD.

Happily, I often am Invited along for bonus trips by my adult children on their trips.

I gasp when I see the $$$$$ amounts people report spending on a solo trip. No right or wrong way to roll, I just prefer to work at trip budgeting to be able to enjoy multiple trips.

Things are decidedly different this year thus far, not complaining, but sure hoping things normalize sooner vs later :wizard:

Same here Gina, I just dropped by about the same amount ($45). So that's two decent size drops in the same week. This time I used 7014627 / AU2291VYT Costco & 1 car upgrade. :)

We have a truck booked (DH drives a Ram here at home, and is a self admitted truck guy) so the upgrade coupon sadly won't work for us. But I will take those price drops all day long! The savings on the car rental today darn near paid for my cabana rental at Aquatica! :banana:

We have a truck booked (DH drives a Ram here at home, and is a self admitted truck guy) so the upgrade coupon sadly won't work for us. But I will take those price drops all day long! The savings on the car rental today darn near paid for my cabana rental at Aquatica! :banana:
Just curious, are those rear seats in large truck rental (F150) category pretty comfortable? Also, does the truck bed come with a cover? Since there is no RAC this year I was actually thinking about renting a truck to easily accommodate our luggage.

Last edited:
Anyone able to book a minivan from Alamo in October at MCO? I’ve tried a variety of dates and they aren’t listed as an option at all.

Just curious, are those rear seats in large truck rental (F150) category pretty comfortable? Also, does the truck bed come with a cover? Since there is no RAC this year I was actually thinking about renting a truck to easily accommodate our luggage.

We had a Nissan Frontier last time and it was a small back seat.....much smaller than our Dodge Ram Bighorn. Plenty large enough for our luggage (two large suitcases and two carry ons) while we sat in the front seats, but definitely not an extended cab.

DH has an extended cab in his Ram, and its super roomy. Bigger than any SUV or car. The back seat in his truck is why we converted from an SUV family to a truck for our primary vehicle.

The truck bed did not come with a cover, nor did we see any in either truck class aisle that did.

Anyone able to book a minivan from Alamo in October at MCO? I’ve tried a variety of dates and they aren’t listed as an option at all.
Last march they were mixed on the full size isle.. they would not let me reserve one ... so you could end up with a suv.

Current resv was made through Auto Slash with Hertz for a van
Pick up Melbourne (MLB) 9/26
Drop off MCO 10/14
Total 836.37

I did not try any of the contracts/coupons. I am going to check the rates this AM. Does the upgrade work for a SUV category, do you get upgraded to the large SUV? We need to be able to seat 5 plus luggage for 5 so a regular SUV will not work for us. I have AAA, AP, Sam's, BJ's online only, most credit cards and membership to all rental and airline clubs.

How do you all tackle checking for the best deal? Auto Slash is so easy but I am willing to put more effort into it for potential savings. Thanks!

Does anyone know if the BJ's online membership qualifies for the upgrade and what company the other upgrade coupon is for, is it universal?
Coupon Code
AU2291VYT 1 car upgrade
AU3Z64SDG BJ's1 free Upgrade

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter