October 2020 Car Rental Thread

Bullseye

Faithful Companion
It's about six months away so time to get a October 2020 Car rental thread going. Share your codes, tips, and info so we can all get a good deal on rentals.

Here are some Alamo codes that have been valid in past years. I tried all of them based on 11 day trip for May 2020 (previous reservation) and they worked. I will retest for October and omit any that aren't valid. They may or may not work for you based on the terms of your rental. It's also possible they may provide no real savings. Use at your own discretion. Happy car hunting!

Contract ID
7014627 COSTCO WEB OFFERS
675899 COSTCO - WAIVE ADDITIONAL DRIVER
7014696 BJ’S WHOLESALE CLUB
7016136 AMERICAN EXPRESS
7014295 AMEX MY VACATION 08 EMAILS
7014291 AMEX
7016350 VISA
7015504 VISA
7000799 VISA SUMMER AND FALL OFFERS 2005
7013843 VISA FALL 07 ONLINE OFFER
7012032 MASTERCARD CONSUMER 2006
7014926 SAVE WITH ALAMO
7016220 VISIT ORLANDO
7015071 WYNDHAM REWARDS
860292 DISNEY PASSHOLDER
7016141 SOUTHWEST
7016594 SUN COUNTRY AIRLINES
306705 UNITED AIRLINES WEB OFFER 2004
7014667 QS SUNPROMO
7015360 EDVANTAGE
7014644 NEXT JUMP 08 WINTER PROMO
189183 AMERICAN VETERINARY MEDICAL ASSOCIATION
253173 AIR FORCE ASSOCIATION
372109 MTA BENEFITS
706768 ASSOCIATION DISCOUNT - SMALL GROUPS

Coupon Code
AU2291VYT 1 car upgrade
AU3Z64SDG BJ's1 free Upgrade

Last edited:
Jumping on board with you. Our dates are October 16th to 23rd. Currently have a standard truck booked through Alamo for $299 with the free extra driver (via Costco) as our worst-case-scenario reservation. We had a truck for our January trip and it worked great for just the 2 of us (especially since we have a truck as our main vehicle at home).

Would love to get our rate down to around $220, which is about what we paid in January.

So far, our best has been teh free upgrade and AP discount. We don't have Costco, so can't compare those prices.
So far, full size car about $300 for a week.

I've been looking at the free upgrade + AP discount too. Does Alamo check for you AP at any point? I have purchased one online, but won't activate it until we're at the park the day after we pick up our rental car.

We're checking every day. Costco member here. $360 full size so far.

Just checked and the Alamo price is up $40 for the week? Really?
At this point, I don't even know that it will be open.

I've been looking at the free upgrade + AP discount too. Does Alamo check for you AP at any point? I have purchased one online, but won't activate it until we're at the park the day after we pick up our rental car.
I’d just show them the voucher in your MDE account if challenged

Even as a frequent renter with alamo, I have been asked to show membership proof. Not worth it to me use a corporate code for which I am not eligible, especially when it comes to insurance issues if an accident with included extra driver or LDW/CDW coverage. YMMV

You are going to do on line check-in and then skip the counter meaning you can go straight to your car and drive out. When you get to the exit gate they will never ask you for proof of affiliations. They want your drivers license, credit card you booked the reservation with, and your skip the counter document. They absolutley don't care if you are a Costco member or Annual Passholder or anything else. They will not tie up exit gate asking for proof of affliations. They might do that in the airport at the counter, but never at the gate. Don't worry about that.

I still have a beautiful reservation booked with Alamo for May from my previous trip dates before rescheduling to October. I got lucky and got a Premium car for 11 days for $350. I'm never going to get that again. I'm hoping I can call customer service and pull on the heart strings to have them move the reservation to October since it's the same number of days. Probably won't work... but you never know as many companies are going above and beyond to provide customer service right now.

Oct 9 to Oct 18
Budget $488 Compact SUV
National $485 Mid Size or Better - Emerald Aisle
I will keep checking

You are going to do on line check-in and then skip the counter meaning you can go straight to your car and drive out. When you get to the exit gate they will never ask you for proof of affiliations. They want your drivers license, credit card you booked the reservation with, and your skip the counter document. They absolutley don't care if you are a Costco member or Annual Passholder or anything else. They will not tie up exit gate asking for proof of affliations. They might do that in the airport at the counter, but never at the gate. Don't worry about that.
My experience has generally been similar, with an exception. Renting from Alamo, picking up at Tampa International (TPA), I have been asked for my Costco card twice. The first time, I didn’t have the card with me since I never carry it, but fortunately, my DW had her card in her purse and was listed as the free second driver. The gate agent must have been having a bad day, since she insisted that the card had to be in my name, not DW’s, so she couldn’t apply the discount. I had to get a supervisor to straighten that one out. The supervisor insisted we take an upgraded car for our trouble. A couple of months later, my brother and I were picking up a car when we flew in for a funeral. Hit the same gate agent and again she asked for the card, but I had planned ahead in case that happened, putting the card in my wallet, so we were all set. At MCO, I never had that issue.

My rate with Alamo was down a tad last night. My dates dropped by just under $30 (still using the Costco code with the free additional driver).

We don't have a Costco within 50 miles of us, so have never used that one.
I also do online checkin.
Maybe if I checked in at the counter, I would have to show something to prove I could use that discount?

We are picking up and dropping off at the Dolphin and I used the Costco code. It turns out that it was cheaper to use MDE to and from the airport and get the car at the Dolphin. Has anyone been denied their rate at a non airport location since you cant just pick your car and go for not having a valid Costco membership. Like so many others when you get your car at the airport you aren't asked for any membership proof but now Im wondering about my Dolphin pick up.

We often either pick up or drop off at the Dolphin. We picked up a car there in February and we were asked to show our Costco card. Can’t say it is always that way however.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!