October 2019 Check-In Thread!

Currently all dining reservation for in park restaurants are broken for anything past sept 28th. Disney has not finalized logistics and hours so it is causing an error in the reservation system and subsequently only shows hours of operations for any in park restaurant open for operation during lunch hours.****(note this is not because of party days, this is affecting all reservation based restaurants within Disneyland or Disney California adventure after sept 28) hopefully they will fix it soon
I'm subscribing to this thread in the hopes that someone will post here when the reservations open up for October. I just can't remember to check everyday. (However, if I do happen to see them open up, I will be sure to post here about it!) I'm wanting to get a reservation for the Hungry Bear Fantasmic! Package. We will be at DLR Oct 9-11!

Thanks for the update! I really hope DL gets on the ball to fix this.

We're WDW vets, and as weird as it is to book dining at 180 days, at least its always up. This checking every so often thing is driving me nutty, the only thing we want is WoC Dessert Party, with the Halloween party we have only one night we can do it, AND they seem to be booking fast for the non-party nights. UGH. I consider this good training for my need to just go with the flow with Disneyland... I'm trying!

We're WDW vets, and as weird as it is to book dining at 180 days, at least its always up. This checking every so often thing is driving me nutty, the only thing we want is WoC Dessert Party, with the Halloween party we have only one night we can do it, AND they seem to be booking fast for the non-party nights. UGH. I consider this good training for my need to just go with the flow with Disneyland... I'm trying!
DL ADR's are a lot more relaxed than WDW. I'm more than positive you will get your WOC dessert party reservations as your already on top of it. It's not like BOG or CRT when you have to be up at 4am to book your dining the day the ADR's open at 180 days thankfully.

I see that some hours are posted for Oct 1st and 2nd, but nothing in dining reservations yet for the dinner hours. It's very annoying that the hours aren't posted yet or dining in park dinner hours for October. I called yesterday and they couldn't book any dining in the parks for October yet over the phone.

Last edited:

I see that some hours are posted for Oct 1st and 2nd, but nothing in dining reservations yet for the dinner hours. It's very annoying that the hours are posted yet or dining for October. I called yesterday and they couldn't book any dining in the parks for October yet over the phone.
45 days out and still no news on park hours, shows, or dinner reservations (or packages).

October 3 park hours posted today. Yesterday they went out to October 2. Maybe they’re releasing the schedule day-by-day 6 weeks out? Still can’t book dinner or Fantasmic packages for our dates or past Sep 28 (at least at the park ones I’m checking).

We officially hit the 60-day mark this week for our October trip. I was able to make a reservation at Goofy’s Kitchen for our arrival day, but we don’t see anything else for October so far.
anything in the parks is still broken, goofys kitchen is technically outside of the park, so that should work just fine. anything in downtown disney or GCH/disney hotels are open for res's. from what i heard disney is back'd up an additional 21 days from the 60 day mark. Easiest way to see if its fixed is going directly to the restaurant disney page and selecting the date your wanting if hours of operation are only showing lunch its still broken.

restaurant.PNG

October 3 park hours posted today. Yesterday they went out to October 2. Maybe they’re releasing the schedule day-by-day 6 weeks out? Still can’t book dinner or Fantasmic packages for our dates or past Sep 28 (at least at the park ones I’m checking).
UPDATE: Oct 4 hours are now posted. They show two Fantasmic shows that date, but no fireworks (yet?). Also I still think the dining is messed up.

Does anyone have a reservation for Lamplight Lounge past October 2?

UPDATE: Oct 4 hours are now posted. They show two Fantasmic shows that date, but no fireworks (yet?). Also I still think the dining is messed up.

Does anyone have a reservation for Lamplight Lounge past October 2?

Also no WOC, I noticed. Oct 4 is our first park day.

I guess Oct 5 hours will be up tomorrow...

Dining seems messed up still. We're trying to get a Blue Bayou F! dinner package.

Also no WOC, I noticed. Oct 4 is our first park day.

I guess Oct 5 hours will be up tomorrow...

Dining seems messed up still. We're trying to get a Blue Bayou F! dinner package.
Yeah, I’m shooting for one that Sunday (Oct 6), and then a Lamplight Lounge res (lunch or dinner) Monday Oct 7.

Got my PCH Grill res for breakfast no problem. Just wish the ones in the park would get fixed.

Yeah, I’m shooting for one that Sunday (Oct 6), and then a Lamplight Lounge res (lunch or dinner) Monday Oct 7.

Got my PCH Grill res for breakfast no problem. Just wish the ones in the park would get fixed.

We're hoping to do the BB package on Fri 10/4, but could do Sat 10/5 if needed. We have party tickets for 10/6. Want to wait and see what's going on with the fireworks since we planned to do them the same night as F! I was sure the fireworks would be Fri and Sat at least. But who knows...

You will like this. We did this in July and it was so much fun! Characters are very interactive and comical. Also the kids dancing with the characters is way too cute! The food is also very good as well.

I’ll follow here “undercover” to gather at much information as I can about the “drill” just in case the dining reservations are still “broken” for late November when I am going... I am already anxious...
I’ll cross my fingers that you’ll all get your reservations! Good luck!

I’ll follow here “undercover” to gather at much information as I can about the “drill” just in case the dining reservations are still “broken” for late November when I am going... I am already anxious...
I’ll cross my fingers that you’ll all get your reservations! Good luck!

You’ll be fine. We’ve never once made reservations 60 days out for DLR. When we were locals with APs, we’d sometimes make them the week of. It’s nothing like WDW if that’s what you’re used to - I was up making those at 4am 180 days out. Also, Christmas time at Disneyland is the BEST! I miss it. Maybe next year.

My only slight concern is the F! dining package - never done that one and it’s only available weekends when F! runs.

But I’m still not that worried. One reason I love DLR so much is that it’s so go with the flow. I’m a planner, but WDW is even a bit much for me.

Another update: Park hours are posted through Oct 7.

No Fantasmic packages open past Sep 28.

Has anyone tried calling?

Fantasmic is scheduled on Monday September 30 to Thursday October 3 at 9PM (1 show) :thumbsup2
MSEP ends on the 30th, so perhaps F! will run on weeknights all October :idea:

Fantasmic is scheduled on Monday September 30 to Thursday October 3 at 9PM (1 show) :thumbsup2
MSEP ends on the 30th, so perhaps F! will run on weeknights all October :idea:

Per the cm I talked to, they are 21 days behind on the calendar and will keep updating on a day to day basis... she said be patient

Got a res for Cafe Orleans for the Sunday of our trip, was hoping to grab a brunch res at Lamplight Lounge on the Saturday but nothing was available. It seems odd though and I wonder if they're stopping brunch because it isn't offered as an option past September 28th, after that the only meal it shows is lunch.

Got a res for Cafe Orleans for the Sunday of our trip, was hoping to grab a brunch res at Lamplight Lounge on the Saturday but nothing was available. It seems odd though and I wonder if they're stopping brunch because it isn't offered as an option past September 28th, after that the only meal it shows is lunch.
I’m also having problems getting any reservation at Lamplight Lounge for any meal any day of our trip.

I may just call today to see if it’s actually booked up or if it’s the system. I just don’t want to be on hold forever.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter