October 2017 Car Rental Rates

Looking to rent a car in October, and would like some advice: for a family of 4 adults and maybe one 16 year old, would you rent a full size car, or would something smaller do? We will most likely have 4 bags.

Looking to rent a car in October, and would like some advice: for a family of 4 adults and maybe one 16 year old, would you rent a full size car, or would something smaller do? We will most likely have 4 bags.

I would stick to the full size. You may be pushing it with the 4 bags in the trunk if they are large bags. Depending on what type of car you have at home, you could try to see if you fit at home. Another option would be to use duffle bags instead of suitcases as they have more give.

Have rented multiple times in Oct and have always gotten the best rate within 2 weeks of trip. Lurking is good, but expect the best rates well after Labor Day. To me, the best rate is priceline when you bid, but you dont get the chance to use alamo or national which will let you pick your car, go right to it and drive away. I try to book something that I dont have to pay for until arrival, then I try to get close or beat it with alamo so I can get off the plane and drive away.

I'll be following along GL all.

Would you all consider $164 a good price for a car? It would be full size, from Oct 18 to 23.

hmmm:
Original plan was Alamo Dolphin P/U & D/O, 10/4 - 10/13 - 11 days. midsize was $428 :eek: using Costco 7014627 (for free 2nd driver), and coupon AD2823JAZ.
By changing P/U to one day earlier, 10/3, the same car dropped to $302 for 11 days (changing the Drop Off date, & keeping the same amt of days, did not affect rate)

I could find anything other than the Gartner Symposium 10/1 - 10/5, but that usually affects car rentals, restaurants, etc for every day it is held (silver lining: renting a day earlier means we can avoid some of the Gartner crowds on the BW:cool1:)

Last edited:
hoping to hire a mustang (or equivalent) for a oct/November trip, so going to watch this thread, what would be a reasonable rate to hold out for a week’s hire?

Have rented multiple times in Oct and have always gotten the best rate within 2 weeks of trip. Lurking is good, but expect the best rates well after Labor Day.
Same here, save for one or two trips back in the old KLM code days.

May be a stupid question, but do you have to have a Costco membership to use the coupon codes on Alamo?

May be a stupid question, but do you have to have a Costco membership to use the coupon codes on Alamo?
You have to enter a Costco membership number to make a reservation using those codes on Alamo's website. And the discount is more about the contract ID than the coupons with Costco....the usual coupon is just a car class upgrade.

You have to enter a Costco membership number to make a reservation using those codes on Alamo's website. And the discount is more about the contract ID than the coupons with Costco....the usual coupon is just a car class upgrade.

Thank you for the clarification. :-)

Original plan was Alamo Dolphin P/U & D/O, 10/4 - 10/13 - 11 days. midsize was $428 :eek: using Costco 7014627 (for free 2nd driver), and coupon AD2823JAZ.

I was originally going directly through Costco for a mini van rental in late October for 7 days, total $254. Thanks to the codes I was able to book directly through Alamo for $229 for 8 days! Thank You!

following! I'm just beginning my search and need a rental for October 13 or 14 to the 21st. Can I use my mom's Costco number online for discount or will I need to show her card when picking up vehicle? Anyone with good experiences with priceline? any other good deals out there?

hmmm:
By changing P/U to one day earlier, 10/3, the same car dropped to $302 for 11 days (changing the Drop Off date, & keeping the same amt of days, did not affect rate)

I could find anything other than the Gartner Symposium 10/1 - 10/5, but that usually affects car rentals, restaurants, etc for every day it is held (silver lining: renting a day earlier means we can avoid some of the Gartner crowds on the BW:cool1:)

What is the AD2823JAZ coupon code, and do you know if it has an expiration date? Thanks!

Just got a decent price for October. Alamo $186 for 10 days standard car. Used ap discount and coupon

Just got a decent price for October. Alamo $186 for 10 days standard car. Used ap discount and coupon

Not bad. Tried for my weekly rental & getting $197 for standard, midsize higher. Sticking with my $146 for standard :) booked in april

Wish I started looking earlier, seems like you guys all managed some great rates back in April! Right now for Alamo 10/6-10/15 I'm seeing about $260 for a Mid Size with codes AD2823JAZ and the Costco 7014627. Any other suggestions? I'm really hoping to get it under $180 o_O

Wish I started looking earlier, seems like you guys all managed some great rates back in April! Right now for Alamo 10/6-10/15 I'm seeing about $260 for a Mid Size with codes AD2823JAZ and the Costco 7014627. Any other suggestions? I'm really hoping to get it under $180 o_O

Have you tried autoslash?

Last i checked nothing yet for October, but got great rates @ Hertz for upcoming 4th of July trip a few weeks ago.

Was able to duplicate them directly using our USAA corporate code if you are member.

Have you tried autoslash?

Last i checked nothing yet for October, but got great rates @ Hertz for upcoming 4th of July trip a few weeks ago.

Was able to duplicate them directly using our USAA corporate code if you are member.

What is the USAA code? We are members and I didn't even think to use them!! Thanks :)

I'm late to the party! Our dates are Oct 4 to 11. We had thought about driving for the first time in about 5 visits, but then found RT for 2 on SW for about $250 - umm, yes please!
So... as I don't want to pay the same amount for a car for the week - I will be lurking here. Earlier today I booked with Alamo, got a Midsize SUV for $210.74 using the AD2823JAZ code (this car class was the same price as compact!) However, this evening I logged back in to check rates - using same code comes back higher - AND if I add either of the Costco Codes (7014627 or 7015309) the cost is even higher. Will continue to keep an eye on them - although I'm glad I have something booked. Thanks to everyone for sharing your codes and bookings.

What is the USAA code? We are members and I didn't even think to use them!! Thanks :)

If you google "hertz usaa" there will be a direct link for the page on Hertz site.

Note they will ask for the ussa card 100% in MCO i was told when picking up car seat

Got a hundayi meh, for July rental but, for $115 (all in for midsize rental of 8 days with an extra driver) would love to see the same rate pop up for October

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter