~~October 2016~~Sew, it was the greatest Stitch Experience ever!~~Final Update 3/19/2017!

:woohoo:I would like to follow along on the debt payoff on Facebook! It will be so much fun to see your progress :cheer2::banana::cheer2:.
Happy Birthday to your Daddy! I hope he has a great day tomorrow party:.

Have a great week D~
Monica

Say it ain't so! What a beautiful way to end your trips with your DD's. How wonderful you could dream of it and then make it happen. I would bet it's something they will want to do someday when they have their own families. Thank you for sharing your life and stories with all of us. I'm certain I'm not the only one who looked for a new post every morning. I sent you a friend request on FB but I understand if you've got more than enough friends. It would be so nice to hear "the rest of the story". Hope to see a PTR one of these days. Until then.......take care and the best to you and your family!

Thank you - it's been a wonderful experience... We've shared wonderful memories and we've built amazing relationships - both with each other and making friends here. :lovestruc

I've accepted your friend request - thank you for telling me it was you... I usually don't accept friend requests, unless I know the person from somewhere, and I couldn't tell where I knew you from. :)

Thanks! I've greatly enjoyed our friendship! :lovestruc

So sorry to see your trip report come to an end. Even though I didn't always comment I enjoyed reading along. You always inspired me to eat better, work harder, and save more! Will be watching for future PTRs! Take Care and God Bless!

Awwwh... Thank you! :) I look forward to getting back to The Dis asap! :lovestruc

NOOOOOOOO. So many years of reading your reports, seeing your creations and daily life updates. This saddens me more than I care to admit. Thank you for sharing your family with all of us.
Jane

Awwwh - Thank you Jane! I will still be around... With all of your replies, you'll all keep me here until I can start another PTR. LOL And until then, I'll still continue my daily updates. :) :hug:

I'm going to miss you! Thanks for sharing your trips and your life updates. I hope you have continued success at your debt free life and health and happiness in the future.

Awwwwh - thank you - I am going to miss all of you too! :lovestruc

I will still be around answering replies - and at the rate all of you are going, this TR may stay going until I can legitimately start another PTR. LOL

Say it isn't so! You can't leave us!! (for now anyways) Thank you for sharing a personal part of your life with us. I have tremendously loved following along on your adventures.
Sorry that I haven't been around, but things have been super busy. You will be missed. Hope your dad is doing well. Continued success on your debt being paid off. Plus I wish you, Josh, the girls and your furry little children the best!!

Well, so far, I haven't left - LOL :) And if you all keep answering my replies, I may never get the opportunity to leave - before it's time to start another PTR. LOL

I totally understand - life seems to be getting the better of me lately too! :lovestruc I am glad to hear you are doing well though - it's always great to see you here! :lovestruc

I would like to be included on your FB budget group. I am really trying to set my budget and follow it.

Awesome! Are we friends on FB? I am terrible at deciphering which Dis names goes with which real name. LOL So send me a message/friend request (or both, so I know who you are). :)

You definitely put repayment of debt on my radar, I have to say!! I would definitely like to be included if you decide to do something like this. In fact, I was paying bills the other day and figured out how I will be able to send extra money toward our car payment to get it paid off hopefully this year instead of late next year.....fingers crossed :)

Awesome! I love inspiring people in all areas of my life! :woohoo: And that is awesome!!! I am so proud of you for adding extra to your car payments!!! WTG!!!

I'm so glad to see a new post from you here on the DIS.

How great that your eating and work outs are going well. It's great that you feel good about your health these days

How great that work is going well and that you are getting a lot done.

I'm glad to hear debt pay off is going really well as well. Sticking to budget in between pay days is important so you have the money when it's time to pay the debt bill.

A private facebook group to follow along on your debt free journey sounds like a great idea. I would love to follow you in that group.

How great that you have purchase V's airfare to Europe. It's great that V is able to save so much of her pay check so she will have spending money when going to Europe.

What a shame that not everyone you invited to your dad's 70th birthday can come to the party. At least some of the people you invited are coming and I'm sure you all will have a great time together with your dad.

How exciting that Allsion and Gus are dating again. Crossing my fingers Allison can stay focused on her work and paying off her debt to the school and then get back to school.

I think it's great that you want to teach V how to drive a car with a manual transmission. Not every car is automatic and when you want to rent a car outside of the USA most of the rental car are manual transmission and a car with automatic cost a lot more to rent.

On Saturday I'm going to a meeting a 2 hours drive from Tromsø. Of course I will try to find some geocaching a long the way. I haven't driven my new car outside of Tromsø yet. So it will be a good opportunity to try and drive it on the freeway.

Hi Lillian! :lovestruc Yah - I won't completely disappear, I don't think??? I'll keep doing replies here, as long as there are replies to do. ::yes::

I hope your Saturday meeting went well and the drive too! I am sure it was different driving out of town like that, though I am sure you did great! :hug:

Ahh, so sad your trip report is ending. I have been following along with them for what seems like years now! I am more of a lurker than a poster, though. I would love to be included in your Dave Ramsey Debt group. I started DR this year...not without a few hiccups but it is working! Good luck with your DR journey and hope to see a PTR soon!

Heather

Well - it doesn't seem to be ending quite yet... I have weeks worth of replies to catch up on, which I will continue to do as long as they are there. :lovestruc

I am terrible at deciphering which Dis name goes with which real name though - so send me a PM on FB, so I know who you are. :)

I hope so too... Maybe in the coming weeks/months? :scratchin

I'm so sad that this TR is coming to an end. Loved following along with your special one on one trips-such a special time! Loved all your photos!

So wonderful that Allison is doing so well at work! Hope things work out well with Gus.

Victoria is so talented! LOVE her artwork! Congrats to her on her license too! Good luck with the manual transmission training! It is a lost art. I drove a standard until my commute became 12 1/2 miles with about 50 traffic lights.

Congrats to you on your progress to being debt free!

Happy Birthday to your Dad! I'm sure he'll love your surprise!

My trip with Lizzy to look at Penn State & Oswego was really wonderful. It was nice to spend those 6 days with her one on one (she won't go to Disney with me). She did end up committing to Oswego before we left. So great to have that decision made. She really felt at home there. I'm sure it will be a very good fit for her. This senior year is just flying by. She recently won a recycled art contest for a portrait she did using magazine photos (I'll text you a picture). She took a math placement test for Oswego. She need to get 23 correct to be placed in Calculus. She knew taking the test that she made 2 stupid mistakes but you can't go back to change a previous question. She only got 22 right. Now she has to do online tutorials before they let her take the test again. She won't sign up for orientation til she gets that done but we can't plan our family trip until we know what orientation she's going to. She's not real happy with me nagging her.

Joe's going to West Virginia in July for a Boy Scout Jamboree. I really want to take Emma to Disney in August but I have to wait til I know what Orientation Lizzy is attending. I am going to Disney for my birthday in about 40 days. I'm looking forward to just a nice quiet, relaxing trip. Staying at Bay Lake Tower on my DVC points. I still have points I carried forward from last year that I have to use before Feb 2018 and all of this years points so it would be nice to take Emma. She really needs some attention.

Hope you can start a new TR soon. I may have to create a FB account so I can keep in touch with you.

Thanks Bernadette! :lovestruc I"ll likely still be around - as long as there are replies to do... I have a few week's worth here to catch up on as it is. LOL

Thanks for all of the cheering on and updates! It's always great to talk to you and see what you are up to! :lovestruc

Congrats to Lizzy for making such a difficult decision! I am so proud of her! :woohoo: I am glad she found a college that she feels at home at. That must be very comforting for you too! I loved the photo you sent me - amazing!!! I've always loved art like that - it fascinates me! And hopefully you get orientation figured out soon - so you can get your trip planned! ::yes::

Awwwh - enjoy your trip! I hope you get to take Emma, and get some bonding time!!! I'd love to hear how your trip went when you get back! :hug:

Thanks for stopping by - I've missed you! ::yes::

Google search Frugalwoods.com - I think you may enjoy reading their blog out of VT.
Jane

Oooh - I will!!! Thanks Jane!

So awesome to see all your plans coming together for V's trip! It always works out for the best and how exciting for her to take such a wonderful trip before her Post graduation life begins.
I would love to see your debt journey on Facebook !
Your Dad will appreciate a party for his birthday. Love the pic of you all at lunch. We have been to that restaurant as we have a spot on the "chain" I looked at the pic and thought HEY! It's a small world after all and now I have the song stuck in my head...ahhhh gotta love the Disney reference.
We all appear to be motivated hearing you pay off your debts. It certainly does for me!!

Yes - it will be great for her... Very nerve wracking for me again - but she will have fun!

Are we FB friends??? I am terrible about matching Dis names with real names. LOL If we aren't friends - send me a friend request there, and a message to let me know who you are. :)

He had a lot of fun! That is awesome!!! Yah - they have excellent pizza, and I love eating there... even my pizza connoisseur approved. LOL It is a small world! I grew up in that area, so I know it like the back of my hand, and I love going back when I can - but I hate the drive! LOL

Love reading your personal life updates and great idea to let both girls just decide what works for them and not push them out the door to college or whatever they choose to do. I feel the same way with a Junior in HS now who seems to have no thoughts of what he'll do next year when he graduates. Right now I'm working on getting him out job hunting so at least he stays busy this summer.

Glad you got a good deal on the airfare for V and hope you'll at least update somewhere about her adventures as I loved reading about A's adventures.

Great job on your debt snowball too..that's next on our to do list...eventually.

Hope your dad has a wonderful surprise party!

Thanks!!! Its' a scary time in their lives and it's so hard "watching" it unfold... seeing if what you think they should do, matches up with what they want to do... It's hard! Hopefully he finds something so he can stay busy this summer! ::yes::

Yes - it was a decent deal - better than Allison's airfare - so that's good. LOL

Thanks! It's so awesome to see this stuff go away!!! It's such a relief - it seems like we have been carrying it forever!

He had a great time... I'll post a few pics below!

************************************************************************************************************

Phew - as usual, it's been a crazy few days!

Friday - well, Josh and I snuck off to the lake for the weekend... He had some work he needed to do up there over the winter - and this was really the first chance he had to make the trip... He went up on Thursday and I followed along on Friday. :) We drove two cars, because Josh's dad was kind enough to loan us one of his cars for the last year, while Allison was saving up for a car of her own... Long story short - she is still saving, and it was time for us to give his car back. ::yes::

Bonus - we got to take a mini-vacation. ::yes::

A spring time lake selfie for you all! ;)

F31F6753-B588-45F6-80F8-69A0AC505D0D.jpg

Then on the way home on Saturday - we stopped at Dad's for his surprise 70th birthday party! He was surprised! :woohoo: We all had a great time - and even though it was small, we were mighty! ::yes::

BBC2A149-9E43-49DB-91BB-7AAE3828FE08.jpg

Cooper was pretty tired by the time we got home... MM was too - but no pictures of him...

4B2DA7F5-7CAE-475F-A9E6-95AB7E6C4754.png

Finally... Part of returning Josh's dad's car, resulted in us being "short" a vehicle... So... It was time for us to make use of ALL the vehicles we own... Which means - the Jeep is back in rotation. So, we all had "Jeep lessons" yesterday... I grew up driving a stick shift - so for me, it was like riding a bike... I quick little practice round at the high school and I was good. The girls, however, well - they spent hours yesterday learning how to drive the Jeep... They did GREAT!!! Though - I still don't feel like they are capable of driving on the open road yet.... Though it won't be long.

1466DB91-36C3-46D7-9922-495C43DBB3ED.jpg

This week... I continue to work on my healthy living... Working out and eating well... Same ol', same ol'. ::yes::

I will also be working upstairs... Lots of extra stuff going on up there. I think I might need to make a to-do list up there? LOL

And shuffling cars... That will also be a main focus for the next few weeks - while the girls learn and become proficient on the Jeep.

Debt pay off is going well... I paid off a personal loan on Saturday... And I have a large amount being paid to a credit card yet this week - just wanting all of the bills to clear the bank, so I can verify that my numbers balance out. ::yes:: So, that's exciting! :woohoo:

That's about all! I hope you are all doing well! I'll check back in a few days and do a little more catching up! :lovestruc Prayers and pixie dust to all! :lovestruc

D~

I'm glad we and Josh were able to get away for a mini vacation -- that's always nice! I'm hoping my husband and I can do that sometime this summer after things calm down.

I'm also glad you were able to find the issue in your budget numbers and get that fixed. :-)

Happy birthday to your Dad -- I'm sorry the turnout wasn't bigger, but I know he felt the love!!!

I drive a stick shift...although there are times I wish I didn't, particularly when I'm commuting and stuck in stop and go traffic! Not fun....but I do love my little car and it gets great gas mileage so I can deal with it. DH's car is an automatic, but it doesn't get nearly the gas mileage mine does so I'd rather not drive his on the days I commute (1 hour or more each way) to/from work.

Been watching the news out of London...you can be sure that V will most definitely be in my prayers while she is gone this summer -- and so will you.

Have a great day!

Sounds like you had a nice weekend on a little mini vacation and celebrating your dad's 70th birthday.

How great that driving a stick shift isn't a problem for you. I'm sure the girls will learn to do it with a little practice.

How great that debt pay off is going well. I guess it will get easier and easier to pay off debt when more debt are gone. Keep up the good work :)

The trip this weekend to the meeting went well. I discovered some more stuff I would like them to fix on the car so I can drive even more comfortably. So it was very good that I got a long drive before I got the appointment to fix the car.
The weather was OK when I left Tromsø on Saturday. I little rain in the air, but no problem driving. When we woke up on Sunday it was a snow storm outside and it looked like we were going to have difficult driving condition on our way home. Luckily the weather wasn't that bad when it was time to drive. There was some small parts where I had to drive a lot slower than normal because of the weather, but for the most part I could drive at normal speed.

I planned to find some geocaches on the way to the meeting, but I soon discovered that we had to go through over 4 feet of snow to get to the caches. So I decided not to find any geocaches and to that during summer and fall when the snow is gone.

Dorine - you look amazing in your weekend lake pic - way to go! I think we will keep bombarding you with replies so you have to keep this TR going until the PTR starts:)

I would love to be a part of your debt FB if you should have one. Tyler and Ariece decided to put more money into repairs for her vehicle and wait a while. It's hard seeing your kiddos struggle.

So glad V learned from her sister's path; no need to hurry off to college. Shane took the first year off which was best for him. Every child has to make this decision and it's good V knows what is best for her. I am so proud of her saving up for her trip.

Soooooo - Allison and Gus - I wish them the very best. Allison has a good head on her shoulders. She is working hard and will be just fine.

Your Dad looks so very happy; the picture with his birthday cake is the best. I hope he got my card. I didn't get in the mail until Friday.

Keep us updated Dorine! A big hug sent your way.

I meant to put something on Facebook for your Dad Saturday but I went into work early and wasn't able. Boo!! Glad it was a good time. I think it's better to have smaller parties so you can really enjoy it rather than always running around catering to every little thing.

I saw the picture of Gus on FB and was like hmmmm and then you said it on here and my first thought was a little oh no. But I think A has to learn on her own and he seems like a good guy-- even if he isn't the forever guy. But maybe it's a sign. Hopefully you feel positive about it.

And driving a stick!!! Way to go girls! I've tried it once and it's not for me but I wish I knew how. My friend drove one in high school and I feel it made her a more aware driver somehow? So it's great to learn.

It's exciting to read about your debt pay offs. We got a little money put away these past few months and now we've booked a trip to the "dark side". I needed a little Harry Potter lol. And my husband just wanted to go someplace fun. We will be planning a 15th anniversary trip to Disney next summer so I'm feeling guilt about this summers trip but at least I already have the money for it and I'm not adding to my current debt.

Looking forward to more from you before you take a short intermission. Or like yuh said, replies might last until you can start another PTR!!

Everyone should learn to drive a manual transmission car! My first husband taught me to drive his VW bug - many, many years ago. The only one of my kids that can't drive one is Shannon - her dad tried to teach her, but I don't think the lesson went well. :scared:

Can't remember if I told you that my dd Kate and her hubby are moving to NYC? Chris started a great new job on March 1 and is currently living in the city. Kate went up over the weekend and they started apartment hunting. Kate's contract with Center Stage runs until July, so I'm not sure when she will be moving. Looks like she will be at her Dad's once her lease is up the end of April. Luckily for me, that is right down the street!

I'm getting ready to head to Tennessee for a quilt retreat. So looking forward to it. We are heading to Disney a week and a half after I get back. We are doing the Dark Side 5K - Charlie, Steve and I, and Kate is running the Half.

Your Dad looks like he was enjoying his birthday! :bday:

I had minor knee surgery 2 weeks ago - a torn meniscus. It went well and I am enjoying not having constant pain in my knee.

Glad you are going to be around for a while longer. I enjoy reading about your and the girl's adventures!

I must say you look fabulous in your selfie. Looks like your hard work and persistence is paying off! Love the style of your top - looks flattering on you. Your Dad's smile looks like pure joy. Sometimes small parties are nice because you can more easily enjoy who is there. Back in the 70's I bought a VW bug so was forced to learn how to drive a manual transmission - even though I don't have the car any longer the skill has come in handy a few times. Glad I did learn. Trying to keep the replies going so the TR continues! :-)

Hi D!
SO I feel like a terrible, awful person for being so far behind. First of all, I had tears in my eyes reading your "final thoughts" post and seeing all the pics of V growing up. Your love and relationships with your girls is beautiful. I am glad that you are doing well with your debt management and that you continue to meet your goals! Yay for a little getaway with Josh- sounds short, but sweet! Your Dad has such a sweet smile in the birthday picture! I would say that says it all. He looks happy!
Quinn is doing much better this week. We ended up getting a splint for her leg that she wore for a further 4 days just to help stabilize her leg. She is now walking much better. Emma's party went ok. There were a few little spats ( as there always are with pre-teen girls, LOL), but overall, I think she had a good time.
We leave for Tokyo on Sunday. I am very excited, but also a little anxious as it is such a big city. I hope the rest of your week goes well.

Also, I refuse to admit that your TR is over. I think it is going to be a cycle. We will all keep replying to your replies of our replies. So, it will NEVER END!!! (Maniacal laugh... maniacal laugh....) :laughing:

I just finished reading your trip report and it has gotten me so excited for mine and my husband's upcoming trip this September. Thank you for sharing!

Still trying to catch up - sad isn't it? LOL

I so loved reading your TR! Thanks for sharing

Thank you! I am so glad you enjoyed it! :)

Yes, please!!

Awesome! :lovestruc

No. I've loved all your TR's and feel like they are the best part of DIS! Perhaps you can start a pre-pre trip report! I know it's time consuming, so totally get it, but we'd love to have you here!

And just gonna throw it out there, my recent trips have all been since my boys graduated from HS! So there is disney life after HS! Keep that in mind. My oldest even asked for me to plan a trip because he'd missed our previous one (and he's a college graduate and in medical school now)!

Good luck with your debt payoff! You are getting closer. Then when you have extra $$ you just may have to plan another trip!!!

Thanks for sharing your life and you family with us. I've enjoyed getting to "know" you all!

Awww - thank you! I am so happy to hear that you've enjoyed them! :lovestruc It's not really a time issue now - well, it is, but not necessarily my lack of time, but the amount of time before my next trip. LOL I will get another PTR started asap! :lovestruc

I am so happy and relieved to hear that there is Disney after HS... I think, for us, it's going to be at least a year away though... Just looking at the girls' schedules for the upcoming year... I hope to do another girls trip though - those were some of the best memories! :woohoo:

Thanks! We are working hard at it! Lots of FUN things being paid off in the coming weeks! :woohoo:

Thanks! I am so happy to hear that you've enjoyed my life... It's been fun sharing it here and building all of my beloved friendships! :hug:

I'd love to be a part of a FB group if you do one. I'm really working this year and next to pay off my debt and save for a car.

Awesome! I believe we need to be FB friends - so if you send me a friend request, please be sure to LMK who you are! :)

Congrats on paying off your debt!!! :woohoo:

Hi, D! I'm so sad to see your TR come to an end. Thanks for taking us along on your trips! I know I don't post much, but I do read all your updates. I love reading about your life updates, too. I'll definitely read your next PTR/TR so make sure you post about it here or something. I don't want to miss it.

If you do decide to start a FB group about your debt dumping journey, I'd love to be added. Our only debt is our house and my car but I could definitely do better with saving, especially when it comes to my boys' 529. I love to read about other people's journeys and I've learned quite a few tips, too.

Take care and I look forward to a new PTR soon!

Awwwwh - I am so glad to hear you've enjoyed my TRs! I love sharing them here on the Dis and our lives too! :lovestruc I will try to link here when I start my new PTR. :)

Are we FB friends? If not - send me a friend request. :) (I am terrible about putting Dis names with real names - so we *could* be super good friends on FB, and I'd never know it here) LOL.

I'll try to post a link here when I start the new PTR. :lovestruc

I would like to follow along on the debt payoff on Facebook! It will be so much fun to see your progress
Happy Birthday to your Daddy! I hope he has a great day tomorrow party:.

Have a great week D~
Monica

Thanks Monica - I'll always take more cheerleaders! :woohoo:

Thanks! I tried to call him on his birthday - but I didn't get to talk to him... he was probably out tearin' up the town, as it was a nice day out. :lovestruc

Thanks Monica - same to you! :lovestruc

************************************************************************************************************

Ahhh... So the last few days...

Well - Tuesday, I did my heavy lifting in the morning... I went for a walk after lunch and I worked in between.

After all of that - I went to the dentist... Which is something I truly enjoy - not. Last week - I noticed I was missing a chunk out of one of my wisdom teeth (which I've never had removed)... My dentist sent me directly to the oral surgeon... and they immediately scheduled me to have this tooth removed. Sigh. I guess it's a pretty big chunk? LOL So, that's happening tomorrow morning - bright and early. To the tune of $400! Thankfully - it will all be reimbursed through our FSA account... but still, that is a huge chunk of change out of our allotted amount, a bit too early in the year for my liking. :scratchin

Oh and I paid a large chunk on one of our credit cards - only a little bit left to go on that one. :woohoo: It will be paid off next pay day! Can't wait to have that one gone!

Today - I will work out this morning...

Then I am taking the Jeep to town to pick up V from school... We will take back roads home so she can practice her manual transmission skills off of the main roads.

Josh and I have decided to eat dinner out tonight, since we have to drop a car off at V's work for her to drive home tonight... ;) So, I don't have to cook. :woohoo:

That's about all... Still working on catching up here. ::yes::

Sending prayers and pixie dust to all! ;)

D~

Last edited:
I guess we will all have to keep commenting so you will need to do replies until you start a new trip report, lol.

Looks like you had a nice weekend at the lake. Your dad looks very happy with his birthday cake. My husband is so ready to get up to our cabin, but I like to wait until it's a little warmer. My son's birthday is Sunday and then we are going to the Twins opener on Monday. So he plans to head up after that. Luckily the weather is now looking better for the Twins game, although there is still a chance of rain. We are on the sunny side as long as the sun is out.

We got our new windows installed. I was a little worried that they would find rot and have to do more work, but only one window had some on the bottom and they were able to replace it quickly. Now I just have to get out and match the stain. I don't think that will be too hard and it saved us quite a bit to do it ourselves. Another person comes out to do that and I just didn't want to deal with that and it's not hard to stain. Seriously it was about another $300 per window with Andersen, or our salesman knew someone who would do it for $200 per window!

I used to drive a stick shift all the time. I actually taught myself after a little lesson in the driver's training simulator. My dad would buy cars and then try and make a little money reselling. One time he had a small truck that looked like a mail truck only smaller. I thought it was so fun to drive around the neighborhood and it was a stick, so I taught myself to drive it. When we bought our last van they didn't have manual transmissions so we went to automatic. I must say I like not having to shift now.

It looks like it's going to be a nice day. I'm going out to buy stain and do a little shopping. Have a great day!

So sorry about your tooth! I had a tooth extracted about three weeks ago. I have horrible, horrible dental anxiety so I took my anxiety meds and all was well. Honestly, it wasn't that bad and while my mouth was sore for a few day after, it was nothing that Ibuprofen didn't take care of. I hope all goes well -- prayers for an easy procedure and quick recovery.

Congratulations on having another credit card almost paid off -- that's fabulous! I have one payment left on one of my smaller credit card debts and then that will be paid off and the account closed. Can't wait! Then another small store card will be paid off this summer. Small, but progress.

The wedding is two weeks from tomorrow. I just got a third mother of the bride dress and returned the first one I bought. I'm not sure which of the two to wear...one of them I definitely like better than they other but it's just a bit too peach (the colors are pale pink and gray/silver)....the one that is a bit more on the pink side is ok, but I don't love it. I'm not sure what to do since Alyssa said she wanted me in one of the wedding colors... I think I'll take both dresses to Utah and let her choose. I spent some time on the phone last night with a friend who will be our wedding coordinator the day of the event and so I'm feeling much better about all of that. I found someone to do all the chalkboard lettering for us for the signage at the reception, so that's good. Bridesmaids dresses have been guaranteed to arrive by Tuesday of next week...fingers crossed. I need to sit down and do a detailed list of the things that need to be done the week leading up to the wedding and the day of the wedding so I can make sure I haven't missed anything. So much going on!

Have a great day!

So sorry to hear about the tooth. Crossing my fingers all goes well at the dentist.

YAY for paying off a large chunk on one of your credit cards :woohoo:

Here it's snowing A LOT. On Tuesday we got 8 inches of snow and it has just continued snowing ever since. Now we have 3 feet 11 inches of snow and it's still snowing. In southern Norway they have had summer temperatures this week. It's this time of year the difference between north and south is really noticeable.

As we say in Tromsø: We know where we live. The winter isn't over until late April / early May here.

Getting a wisdom tooth out really isn't bad. I only had 1 wisdom tooth--that's it--and I finally had it removed about 3 years ago. Before going in, I had all these horrible flashbacks of when my brother had them out when he was a teenager, but it wasn't that bad at all. The only reason I had it removed it because the dentist said it would just continually grow downward since there wasn't another tooth on the lower part to stop it.

:)

I'd love to be a part of a FB group if you do one. I'm really working this year and next to pay off my debt and save for a car.
Awesome! I believe we need to be FB friends - so if you send me a friend request, please be sure to LMK who you are! :)

Congrats on paying off your debt!!! :woohoo:

Will do! Sent you a private message.

I am still working on this thing called "catching up"... If I can do all of today's replies - I'll be caught up until now. :woohoo:

I'm glad we and Josh were able to get away for a mini vacation -- that's always nice! I'm hoping my husband and I can do that sometime this summer after things calm down.

I'm also glad you were able to find the issue in your budget numbers and get that fixed.

Happy birthday to your Dad -- I'm sorry the turnout wasn't bigger, but I know he felt the love!!!

I drive a stick shift...although there are times I wish I didn't, particularly when I'm commuting and stuck in stop and go traffic! Not fun....but I do love my little car and it gets great gas mileage so I can deal with it. DH's car is an automatic, but it doesn't get nearly the gas mileage mine does so I'd rather not drive his on the days I commute (1 hour or more each way) to/from work.

Been watching the news out of London...you can be sure that V will most definitely be in my prayers while she is gone this summer -- and so will you.

Have a great day!

It was fun! And nice to get away.

Thank you - it was small, but we were mighty. ::yes::

Really??? That is awesome! I bet it's not much fun in traffic - think of it as exercise. :scratchin I've been driving the Jeep a lot lately - and I am getting much better at it. ::yes::

Thank you! :hug:

Same to you! :)

Sounds like you had a nice weekend on a little mini vacation and celebrating your dad's 70th birthday.

How great that driving a stick shift isn't a problem for you. I'm sure the girls will learn to do it with a little practice.

How great that debt pay off is going well. I guess it will get easier and easier to pay off debt when more debt are gone. Keep up the good work

The trip this weekend to the meeting went well. I discovered some more stuff I would like them to fix on the car so I can drive even more comfortably. So it was very good that I got a long drive before I got the appointment to fix the car.
The weather was OK when I left Tromsø on Saturday. I little rain in the air, but no problem driving. When we woke up on Sunday it was a snow storm outside and it looked like we were going to have difficult driving condition on our way home. Luckily the weather wasn't that bad when it was time to drive. There was some small parts where I had to drive a lot slower than normal because of the weather, but for the most part I could drive at normal speed.

I planned to find some geocaches on the way to the meeting, but I soon discovered that we had to go through over 4 feet of snow to get to the caches. So I decided not to find any geocaches and to that during summer and fall when the snow is gone.

We did - it was a very nice weekend overall. :)

I am having a lot of fun driving the Jeep... I'd love to put a little more work in to it, so that it's a little quieter... Some day. For now, it's dependable - so that's what matters most. ::yes::

It's going really, really well... I am very proud of us!

It sounds like that was a fun weekend for you - glad you were able to update your car fix list, so you can get it taken care of. And glad the trip home wasn't too bad... It often looks worse than it is here. ::yes::

So glad we are FB friends! I feel like we are still quite connected there. :hug:

Dorine - you look amazing in your weekend lake pic - way to go! I think we will keep bombarding you with replies so you have to keep this TR going until the PTR starts

I would love to be a part of your debt FB if you should have one. Tyler and Ariece decided to put more money into repairs for her vehicle and wait a while. It's hard seeing your kiddos struggle.

So glad V learned from her sister's path; no need to hurry off to college. Shane took the first year off which was best for him. Every child has to make this decision and it's good V knows what is best for her. I am so proud of her saving up for her trip.

Soooooo - Allison and Gus - I wish them the very best. Allison has a good head on her shoulders. She is working hard and will be just fine.

Your Dad looks so very happy; the picture with his birthday cake is the best. I hope he got my card. I didn't get in the mail until Friday.

Keep us updated Dorine! A big hug sent your way.

Hahaha!!! I think that's everyone's plan! :scratchin

Thanks! I love hearing about Tyler and Aerice... Event though they are young and struggling (who didn't struggle when they were young?) - it seems like they have a really good path carved out for themselves. :lovestruc

I agree - I personally think it's a good thing for them to get a "taste of the world" - and I honestly think that year is a good year to do it... ::yes::

Yes - I sure hope so... She is definitely working hard and saving like crazy!

I think he got your card? He called yesterday and said that he received a few cards - but he didn't specifically say from whom....

I am trying!!! :lovestruc

I meant to put something on Facebook for your Dad Saturday but I went into work early and wasn't able. Boo!! Glad it was a good time. I think it's better to have smaller parties so you can really enjoy it rather than always running around catering to every little thing.

I saw the picture of Gus on FB and was like hmmmm and then you said it on here and my first thought was a little oh no. But I think A has to learn on her own and he seems like a good guy-- even if he isn't the forever guy. But maybe it's a sign. Hopefully you feel positive about it.

And driving a stick!!! Way to go girls! I've tried it once and it's not for me but I wish I knew how. My friend drove one in high school and I feel it made her a more aware driver somehow? So it's great to learn.

It's exciting to read about your debt pay offs. We got a little money put away these past few months and now we've booked a trip to the "dark side". I needed a little Harry Potter lol. And my husband just wanted to go someplace fun. We will be planning a 15th anniversary trip to Disney next summer so I'm feeling guilt about this summers trip but at least I already have the money for it and I'm not adding to my current debt.

Looking forward to more from you before you take a short intermission. Or like yuh said, replies might last until you can start another PTR!!

No worries!!! He had a great time - I was just so happy that we had a few people come - it made his day for sure! :lovestruc

He is a good guy... Just not certain that he's the right good guy for her? Sadly - that isn't my decision... So, we will just stand back and see how it goes...

I've been driving the Jeep a lot lately... Seeing as I don't think the girls are quite ready for real roads yet... So, they have been sharing my car and I've been taking the Jeep everywhere... Except on grocery day - there's no way I'd survive that using the jeep. :lmao: Hopefully, within the next few weeks, they will be able to take the Jeep more often and I will be able to take my car back... After all - it's almost paid off, and I want to enjoy driving it after I own it for a little while. ::yes::

FUN!!! And awesome! I am so thankful that we paid cash for all of our trips - much less to pay off now. :woohoo: Your trips sound amazing - I have to admit I am feeling the sadness from not having a trip booked - but I am also finding excitement in other parts of life - so it's OK... I am truly enjoying this debt pay off game... And I've been able to concentrate heavily on my business and my health - which is also a good thing! :lovestruc

Hahaha - I was hoping you guys would come up with that idea... ::yes::

Everyone should learn to drive a manual transmission car! My first husband taught me to drive his VW bug - many, many years ago. The only one of my kids that can't drive one is Shannon - her dad tried to teach her, but I don't think the lesson went well.

Can't remember if I told you that my dd Kate and her hubby are moving to NYC? Chris started a great new job on March 1 and is currently living in the city. Kate went up over the weekend and they started apartment hunting. Kate's contract with Center Stage runs until July, so I'm not sure when she will be moving. Looks like she will be at her Dad's once her lease is up the end of April. Luckily for me, that is right down the street!

I'm getting ready to head to Tennessee for a quilt retreat. So looking forward to it. We are heading to Disney a week and a half after I get back. We are doing the Dark Side 5K - Charlie, Steve and I, and Kate is running the Half.

Your Dad looks like he was enjoying his birthday!

I had minor knee surgery 2 weeks ago - a torn meniscus. It went well and I am enjoying not having constant pain in my knee.

Glad you are going to be around for a while longer. I enjoy reading about your and the girl's adventures!

I agree - kind of like riding a bike... I honestly think it's a good lesson to learn... and it opens up the opportunity for them to purchase a manual transmission car - which they sometimes go a bit cheaper, because the market is smaller (which means they tend to sell cheaper too...) - I dunno... I am just really happy that it's a skill that they have! Both of them are doing really well with driving it - just not ready for the city yet... but back roads and dirt roads (they graduated from the school parking lot) are going good. ::yes::

Yes - you did tell me, but thank you for the update! I sure hope that they are able to find somewhere to live easily enough - or is Chris already there, and she is just going to move in with him? Regardless - it's hard to live apart when you are young, I wish them the best... And yay that Kate will be so close to you, even if it will only be for a little while. ::yes::

Yay for the quilt retreat and Disney!!! Exciting! :woohoo: Will you be able to do the 5k with your knee? I sure hope so! I hope you're feeling much better by now! :hug:

Yes - I think Dad enjoyed his birthday very much! It was a fun day! :woohoo:

Trying to step back a little bit - though I didn't mean to stay gone quite this long... :scratchin

I must say you look fabulous in your selfie. Looks like your hard work and persistence is paying off! Love the style of your top - looks flattering on you. Your Dad's smile looks like pure joy. Sometimes small parties are nice because you can more easily enjoy who is there. Back in the 70's I bought a VW bug so was forced to learn how to drive a manual transmission - even though I don't have the car any longer the skill has come in handy a few times. Glad I did learn. Trying to keep the replies going so the TR continues!

Thank you - I am still working hard... And I am still trying to lose the 20 lbs I gained last year... Super frustrating... but at least I continue to try - it would be worse if I didn't. ::yes::

Thanks! I love that look - it's like wearing jammies all of the time. ::yes::

True... He had a good time and it was so nice to see everyone that could make it! :lovestruc

Awesome!!! I believe it's a great skill to have! Especially for girls - it gives them an edge. ::yes:: I get a lot of looks when I am driving the Jeep... Not sure if it's because it's a Jeep or because it's a manual transmission? LOL

Awesome! I was hoping you guys would! :hug:

Hi D!
SO I feel like a terrible, awful person for being so far behind. First of all, I had tears in my eyes reading your "final thoughts" post and seeing all the pics of V growing up. Your love and relationships with your girls is beautiful. I am glad that you are doing well with your debt management and that you continue to meet your goals! Yay for a little getaway with Josh- sounds short, but sweet! Your Dad has such a sweet smile in the birthday picture! I would say that says it all. He looks happy!
Quinn is doing much better this week. We ended up getting a splint for her leg that she wore for a further 4 days just to help stabilize her leg. She is now walking much better. Emma's party went ok. There were a few little spats ( as there always are with pre-teen girls, LOL), but overall, I think she had a good time.
We leave for Tokyo on Sunday. I am very excited, but also a little anxious as it is such a big city. I hope the rest of your week goes well.

Also, I refuse to admit that your TR is over. I think it is going to be a cycle. We will all keep replying to your replies of our replies. So, it will NEVER END!!! (Maniacal laugh... maniacal laugh....)

No worries - believe me, I haven't been here as much as I should be either... Life got away from me again! Though I do feel like I have a valid excuse this time. LOL

Thanks - I've enjoyed all of these years with them immensely! The memories are just incredible! :hug:

Yes - our debt pay off has been going incredibly well - I am very proud of us! :woohoo: Still a long way to go - but we are taking steps in the right direction. ::yes::

Dad did have a great time - it was great to see him with everyone! ::yes::

So happy to hear that Quinn is doing much better! And the party went well for you too! :woohoo:

I've been watching your Tokyo trip on FB - it's been so fun to see it all! I bet it's so exciting to see that and just be there! I am not sure if that's a corner of the world I will ever get to? So, it's neat to see it through your eyes! ::yes::

Hahaha - I am kind of depending on you guys to keep me going for a while... ::yes::

I just finished reading your trip report and it has gotten me so excited for mine and my husband's upcoming trip this September. Thank you for sharing!

Awwwh! Thanks - I am glad that you enjoyed it! :) Thanks for stopping by!

I guess we will all have to keep commenting so you will need to do replies until you start a new trip report, lol.

Looks like you had a nice weekend at the lake. Your dad looks very happy with his birthday cake. My husband is so ready to get up to our cabin, but I like to wait until it's a little warmer. My son's birthday is Sunday and then we are going to the Twins opener on Monday. So he plans to head up after that. Luckily the weather is now looking better for the Twins game, although there is still a chance of rain. We are on the sunny side as long as the sun is out.

We got our new windows installed. I was a little worried that they would find rot and have to do more work, but only one window had some on the bottom and they were able to replace it quickly. Now I just have to get out and match the stain. I don't think that will be too hard and it saved us quite a bit to do it ourselves. Another person comes out to do that and I just didn't want to deal with that and it's not hard to stain. Seriously it was about another $300 per window with Andersen, or our salesman knew someone who would do it for $200 per window!

I used to drive a stick shift all the time. I actually taught myself after a little lesson in the driver's training simulator. My dad would buy cars and then try and make a little money reselling. One time he had a small truck that looked like a mail truck only smaller. I thought it was so fun to drive around the neighborhood and it was a stick, so I taught myself to drive it. When we bought our last van they didn't have manual transmissions so we went to automatic. I must say I like not having to shift now.

It looks like it's going to be a nice day. I'm going out to buy stain and do a little shopping. Have a great day!

Exactly... LOL I think that's the general consensus around here - you guys must have all got together on this? LOL

We had a great trip... The last several years - I've only made it up there once, during our July trip... So, it's really nice to be able to sneak in a few extra small trips - and it's easier when it's just Josh and I, I feel like we can just run up there quick... Though now that the girls are older - it's not that hard with them either... It's better than when we had to bring swings and high chairs with us. LOL

It looks like you all had OK weather for the home opener? I know it was rainy, but it didn't look like the game got rained out? I didn't plan it - but I did wear one of my Twins sweatshirts on Monday... :lovestruc

Yay!!! What a relief that your windows are done! And you were able to get them done cheaper! :woohoo: How exciting! Now to watch your energy bills drop! ::yes::

Really cool! I think it's an awesome skill to have - especially for girls... I don't think that a lot of the younger generation even is taught how to drive a manual transmission anymore? It's fun to watch them practice and gain this skill! Now if we can get them off the back roads and into town... They are still a little skittish though. ::yes::

So sorry about your tooth! I had a tooth extracted about three weeks ago. I have horrible, horrible dental anxiety so I took my anxiety meds and all was well. Honestly, it wasn't that bad and while my mouth was sore for a few day after, it was nothing that Ibuprofen didn't take care of. I hope all goes well -- prayers for an easy procedure and quick recovery.

Congratulations on having another credit card almost paid off -- that's fabulous! I have one payment left on one of my smaller credit card debts and then that will be paid off and the account closed. Can't wait! Then another small store card will be paid off this summer. Small, but progress.

The wedding is two weeks from tomorrow. I just got a third mother of the bride dress and returned the first one I bought. I'm not sure which of the two to wear...one of them I definitely like better than they other but it's just a bit too peach (the colors are pale pink and gray/silver)....the one that is a bit more on the pink side is ok, but I don't love it. I'm not sure what to do since Alyssa said she wanted me in one of the wedding colors... I think I'll take both dresses to Utah and let her choose. I spent some time on the phone last night with a friend who will be our wedding coordinator the day of the event and so I'm feeling much better about all of that. I found someone to do all the chalkboard lettering for us for the signage at the reception, so that's good. Bridesmaids dresses have been guaranteed to arrive by Tuesday of next week...fingers crossed. I need to sit down and do a detailed list of the things that need to be done the week leading up to the wedding and the day of the wedding so I can make sure I haven't missed anything. So much going on!

Have a great day!

Thanks! Overall - it hasn't been too painful... I've had a few bouts now n' then, but for the most part - it's not as bad as I thought it would be... However, the taking out part wasn't all that enjoyable. LOL Let's just say that I went to Magic Kingdom and then to Animal Kingdom that morning. :lmao: Ibuprofen and Tylenol have been taking care of any pain quite nicely... I didn't have any at all yesterday - but then I had some before bed, as I had some pain after supper and I wanted to sleep. Although - my family is getting a little sick of "baby food" meals... LOL - if I have to suffer, we all have to suffer. ;)

Thank you!!! It's been a tough week for us financially, yet - I am so happy, it would have been much worse!

Congrats to you!!! That is awesome! You are making such GREAT progress! Keep it up! :woohoo:

I cannot believe that the wedding is approaching so quickly!!! ACK!!! But it sounds like you have done an excellent job coordinating everything! Way to go Momma!!!! And what a relief to have someone else manage all of the details on the day of - what a smart decision - then YOU can enjoy the special day too!!! Looking forward to seeing a TON of pictures on FB! :hug:

Thank you!!! Same to you! :lovestruc

So sorry to hear about the tooth. Crossing my fingers all goes well at the dentist.

YAY for paying off a large chunk on one of your credit cards

Here it's snowing A LOT. On Tuesday we got 8 inches of snow and it has just continued snowing ever since. Now we have 3 feet 11 inches of snow and it's still snowing. In southern Norway they have had summer temperatures this week. It's this time of year the difference between north and south is really noticeable.

As we say in Tromsø: We know where we live. The winter isn't over until late April / early May here.

Thank you - it went pretty well... It sure wasn't fun having it done - though the pain hasn't been too unbearable - which was part of my worry... So, that's good. ::yes::

Thanks! We are pretty excited!

WOW!!!! That is crazy - that is a huge difference! This time of year, I am definitely over the romance of snow! Hopefully yours is gone quickly!

Getting a wisdom tooth out really isn't bad. I only had 1 wisdom tooth--that's it--and I finally had it removed about 3 years ago. Before going in, I had all these horrible flashbacks of when my brother had them out when he was a teenager, but it wasn't that bad at all. The only reason I had it removed it because the dentist said it would just continually grow downward since there wasn't another tooth on the lower part to stop it.

Yes - I was more scared than what I needed to be... Though I can't say it was an "enjoyable" experience - it certainly wasn't as bad as I feared either... The drill portion wasn't pleasant at all though. :scratchin Josh's wisdom teeth were the same way - he had his out when we were first married... I don't remember him being as big of a baby as I was? LOL

Will do! Sent you a private message.

Got it! Thanks! :)

***************************************************************************************************

Phew!!! Lookie who is all caught up!!!! :woohoo: It's about time! LOL

So, Friday was no fun, with my wisdom tooth removal... I could do a Mini-TR on that experience, if you'd like? :lmao: As I did have to "leave" the room... I chose to go to Magic Kingdom - it was very nice there - I was the only one in the park. ::yes:: Once the surgeon brought out the drill - I decided to park hop to AK... That was lovely too... Again I was the only one in the park. ::yes:: Over all - a lovely day in WDW. :scratchin

I came home, and while I was still numb, I worked all morning upstairs... I was able to get a lot done, so I could take the weekend off. That was really nice.

I sat around all weekend - being a baby. I did a LOT of icing - mostly because it felt good on my jaw. I was supposed to switch to "warm and moist" heat after day 2 - but to be honest, the cold still feels really good - so I've done that.

874BA1DF-FAD8-4A9D-8B0A-A381F1155ADB.jpg

For the most part, the pain has been very manageable with Ibuprofen and Tylenol - which is good.

On Sunday night - we watched Mo and her family on the Caesar Millan Dog Whisperer show! That was super cool - I know a CELEBRITY!!!! :woohoo:

74AC2E02-24EC-4BD0-8E33-2632C56F1D6C.jpg

Our budget and debt pay off has been going very well... Although - Josh did come home from work on Friday and expressed that he was having truck issues (again!), and really wanted to get the alignment done and new tires put on... It was getting to the point that he didn't feel safe with us girls driving it. On Monday - after taking it to work - he called me and said it was really bad and he needed to get it done that day... We had set aside the remainder of our tax return, plus we had saved some extra to put towards this expense... We weren't quite there yet, but if it needed to be done - we could take the remainder out of our emergency fund. He made the appointment - and when he got there, they discovered he also had a ball joint going out - which they had to replace before they could align it. Long story short... The repair was almost $500 more than we had budgeted, but Josh now has a new ball joint, an aligned truck and new tires. ::yes:: Which we paid cash for without batting an eye. 6 months ago - this would have stopped us in our tracks and it would have been a major emergency... This time, it was a sucky inconvenience - but nothing more. So relieved to have that emergency fund in place!

I've crunched the numbers, and since January, we have cash flowed roughly $4000 in repairs on the truck and Jeep, plus put $800 worth of new tires on Josh's dad's car (payment for letting us borrow it for so long - it was the least we could do), plus $500 in dental crap for me over the last 2 weeks... On top of that... We have managed to pay off the Jeep, a personal loan and by Friday we will have refunded our emergency fund and also paid off 2.5 credit cards! :woohoo: Then, as if that wasn't enough... We have lived SOLELY on cash over the last 4 months - we have not touched one single bit of credit. I call this WINNING! In a major way! :woohoo: Sleeping better at night is priceless! ::yes::

We are still on track for the same pay off dates as we had projected... These repairs probably won't catch up to our snowball until June or July... So that is good that we are able to keep up our momentum at the beginning here - paying things off like this really makes you want to pay off MORE!

Ummm... What else is new???

Jeep training is going well... The girls have graduated to dirt roads and back roads. :woohoo: I am pretty proud of them for learning this skill... It won't be long and I'll be taking them into town to practice. I am doing pretty well myself - it seems that the Jeep has become my "regular" vehicle for the time being - which is OK. I get a lot of looks - LOL - most of them shocked. I guess I don't look like the type to be driving a Jeep? :scratchin

Oh yes - we have opened the house up to the doggies... Well, MM has mostly had the run of the house - but Cooper never has... Over the last week, we've opened the gate much more frequently and we also let them sleep upstairs... It seems that Cooper has taken up residence in V's bed. LOL I wake up every morning to Snapchats during the night from V...

D3B8E436-70A0-41C1-8463-C4F61C514ABB.png

4DA7600C-B983-48BD-B078-795EEF97C528.png

She puts her fan on him, and he stays there all night. LOL Whatta baby!

The weather has been pretty good these last few days/weeks - so I've been able to get out for a walk almost every day that I am working from home... That has been really nice. I've been really concentrating on my eating again - however - that did slide a little bit over this last week... On Friday - I lived off of apple sauce and doughnut holes. :lmao: Probably wasn't the wisest health decision ever? :scratchin By Monday - I was back to eating normal soft foods.

That's about all for updates... Not much else going on. We are just livin' life and going with the flow.

Miss you all incredibly much! So happy that many of us are connected on FB, so I can still see your lives unfold! :lovestruc Sending out GIANT prayers and Pixie Dust to all of you! :grouphug:

D~

Last edited:
Visiting MK and AK during your dental procedure sounds like a lovely way to spend the time! :-) I'm glad the pain has been manageable and that you're able to eat more regular foods now. A HUGE congratulations on being able to cash flow the repairs to Josh's vehicle! That is wonderful! Honestly, you are my inspiration in this area, too -- eating, exercise, and now finances. I may need you to come do a life makeover on me... ;-)

So is it safe to assume that the dog isn't eating the carpet anymore? :-) My little Sadie (a tweener dachshund) has been leaving poop presents for us in the house this week. That is VERY unlike her unless (1) she wasn't let out long enough in the morning before everyone left for the day or at night before bedtime, or (2) she's mad at us about something. I'm not sure which one it is in this case, but this week has been so crazy with last minute wedding stuff and Brie's very heavy lacrosse schedule that both are probably contributing. Some friends will be keeping the dogs for us while we're in Utah for the wedding and I am really hoping she doesn't have accidents at their house. I would feel terrible about that!

I had such fun watching your bag auction -- such gorgeous work! Someday I will have one of your beautiful, amazing bags. :-)

Have a wonderful day!

What a great idea to visit MK and AK during your dental procedure. I'm so sorry to hear that you had pain afterwards. I'm glad it is going better now.

:scared1: $4000 in repair on the truck and Jeep is a lot of money. How great that you could manage the expense with your emergency fund.
How great that your project pay off debt is going so well.

How great that Jeep training is going so well.

Looks like the dogs are enjoying getting access to more of the house.

I'm also so glad we are facebook friends. It's so great feeling that we are still quite connected there :hug:

During last week and this week there has been a lot of snow avalanche around Tromsø. Luckily it wasn't this last weekend I was going to the meeting 2 hours drive from Tromsø. It would have been difficult to get there and home again because the main road was closed because of a snow avalanche. Luckily no one got killed. 4 cars was taken by the avalanche, but everyone got out of it a live.

The last few days it has rained a lot. 12 inches of snow has melted away. But it's now a lot of ice outside. We can still get snow, so winter isn't over yet. It's possible that we won't get spring. We just go straight from winter to summer.

Sorry about your tooth breaking and then having to get it removed. Good idea going to the Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom during the procedure.
I'm glad the jeep training is going well. I'll be driving my daughter's jeep when she goes to Disney at the end of the month. My car is going to Disney without me again.
$4000 in car repairs is just crazy even if it's not all the same car. Glad you could pay it with going further into debt.
I'm glad your dad's birthday party went well.
Nothing much is going on here. I'm probably going to be working all days soon. The person that have that shift now is going to the backroom as a stocker and they offered it to me. It'd be nice to have a set schedule.
Have a good day
Liz

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!