**October 2016 Check-in!**

Well I can't believe this is happening, but please add us to the list as well!

Our family of four (me,DH,DD,DS)spent a wonderful time at Disneyland in April this year after having to cancel our trip last year when I was diagnosed with cancer. Now I have just booked a cruise and stay holiday for my sister, myself and my daughter as I promised my sister I would take her on a cruise for her 50th birthday which was six years ago! We cruise for five nights and then have three nights in Anaheim October 1-4 staying at the Clarion hotel.

DD just got back from France where she spent a lot of time at Disneyland Paris. it's a good thing there's no such thing as too much Disney in our family.

Can anyone tell me how much impact Gay Days will have on the weekend crowds? We've always tried to avoid weekends if possible but that's not an option this time.

Looking forward to this!

Well I can't believe this is happening, but please add us to the list as well!

Our family of four (me,DH,DD,DS)spent a wonderful time at Disneyland in April this year after having to cancel our trip last year when I was diagnosed with cancer. Now I have just booked a cruise and stay holiday for my sister, myself and my daughter as I promised my sister I would take her on a cruise for her 50th birthday which was six years ago! We cruise for five nights and then have three nights in Anaheim October 1-4 staying at the Clarion hotel.

DD just got back from France where she spent a lot of time at Disneyland Paris. it's a good thing there's no such thing as too much Disney in our family.

Can anyone tell me how much impact Gay Days will have on the weekend crowds? We've always tried to avoid weekends if possible but that's not an option this time.

Looking forward to this!
Too bad you didn't get an AP!

I have some questions!

1) How hot does it get in Anaheim in late October? I am thinking about dressing up as Alice (although I might switch to the Queen of Hearts) for the party and am wondering if I should opt for a sundress and sandals version rather than getting the costume more exact. I was looking at a website that forecasts weather way in advance and it said high 80 low 57. How quickly does it cool off in the evening?
2) My costume would include a petticoat. Would I regret that on any of the rides? My skirt and petticoat would be knee-length.
3) Any suggestions for cute, comfortable shoes? Alice wears little black maryjanes. Anyone have suggestions for good brands I could walk in all day?
4) We will be there three or four days. If there is a Halloween party on a day we don't want to attend, does it make sense to have a hopper pass and go to Disneyland in the morning and California Adventure once the party starts? Or would California Adventure be crazy busy? Seems like it might be a good day to go to Disneyland because maybe a lot of people wouldn't want to buy tickets just to be there until they get kicked out at party time. Or would it be better to avoid both parks that day and go over to Universal Studios?

Thanks for any input on any of these. :)

I have some questions!

1) How hot does it get in Anaheim in late October? I am thinking about dressing up as Alice (although I might switch to the Queen of Hearts) for the party and am wondering if I should opt for a sundress and sandals version rather than getting the costume more exact. I was looking at a website that forecasts weather way in advance and it said high 80 low 57. How quickly does it cool off in the evening?
2) My costume would include a petticoat. Would I regret that on any of the rides? My skirt and petticoat would be knee-length.
3) Any suggestions for cute, comfortable shoes? Alice wears little black maryjanes. Anyone have suggestions for good brands I could walk in all day?
4) We will be there three or four days. If there is a Halloween party on a day we don't want to attend, does it make sense to have a hopper pass and go to Disneyland in the morning and California Adventure once the party starts? Or would California Adventure be crazy busy? Seems like it might be a good day to go to Disneyland because maybe a lot of people wouldn't want to buy tickets just to be there until they get kicked out at party time. Or would it be better to avoid both parks that day and go over to Universal Studios?

I wore a costume with a petticoat last year and getting on and off rides was a little more challenging but not restrictive at all. I ended up wearing sparkly sandals with my costume (Ariel) because I didn't want to risk blisters with flats.

I was there in early October and it was HOT all week, in the high 80's and low 90's. We were at the parks until 11pm and never needed a sweatshirt.

Thank you!
I hope it's not that hot when we are there. Hot weather makes me Grumpy. ;)

The heat in October can be so unpredictable. I dont live in anaheim, I'm farther north and a bit more inland, but the weather is usually not far off. I have never allowed my son to get a halloween costume that has both long sleeves and pants particularly if the material is thick.The chances of it being too hot are just too high for me to throw away 50-100 bucks on a costume that makes him miserable and that he ends up only wearing half of because its too hot.

I dressed as a hula girl one year (before I was a mom) and I was basically wearing a bathing suit and a grass skirt and I wasn't cold even well after it was dark but I think that year was a fluke. its not usually horribly hot but it is often warm (mid to upper 80's) and certainly not cold.

Keep in mind though that youre not supposed to be dressed in your costume until party time so I wouldn't worry about wearing it during the hottest time of the day. there are rules against adults wearing costumes to the park and they have gotten more strict about that and have even upped the rules about what can be worn at the party by adults (in WDW at least since they havent said if adults can for sure even wear costumes to the party yet) so I would plan to have to change.

Hey y'all I've noticed that some of you have received your tickets already. I'm not sure what to expect here, we purchased thru Disney about 2 months ago, but we're staying at a Good Neighbor Hotel, and we have yet to receive our tickets. Any idea when should we expect to see them? I'm getting nervous over here, lol. Or do you not get the tickets in advance with the GNH?

Thank you!
I hope it's not that hot when we are there. Hot weather makes me Grumpy. ;)

Me too! We went two years ago in October and the weather was in the 80's. Night time was perfect. My friend went last year around the 10th of October and they had weather in the 100's! :crazy2: I just can't imagine being on the black top in that heat.

I have some questions!

We buy park hoppers in October for this very reason. Even though we are going week days, party days can bump up crowds and we like the option of switching parks if it gets too crazy. With that said we really didn't notice a crazy crowd day. I would say at the max we had about a 6 crowd level while visiting in October with most days being around a 4-5. When we do buy our party ticket we wont buy a hopper for that day since they let you in the park around 4:00. That way we can have a half day at the hotel swimming and not waste a ticket. We are doing 4 day's in the park, 3 park hoppers and 1 party ticket.

I was really hopping Disney would release the party dates early but it seems like they are staying true to the July announcement :guilty: Not that I need them this early but I just need some excitement haha Maybe this weekend!?!? :upsidedow

Hey y'all I've noticed that some of you have received your tickets already. I'm not sure what to expect here, we purchased thru Disney about 2 months ago, but we're staying at a Good Neighbor Hotel, and we have yet to receive our tickets. Any idea when should we expect to see them? I'm getting nervous over here, lol. Or do you not get the tickets in advance with the GNH?
Last year we got ours a month before our trip and we stayed at a GNH

We live in Canada so late Oct is cold here, my kiddos are wondering if it will be warm enough for the pool (Tropicana) I assume its heated?

My DGD8 and I will be there from September 29th - October 3rd. We're hoping to get tickets to a Halloween party - it will be our first!

Well I finally broke down last night while the Southwest sale was going on and bought my tickets. So flight is paid for. This will be mine and DD20's 3rd Halloween trip in a row. We're so hooked on Halloweentime at DL. We will be there from 10/19 to 10/23. No hotel booked yet as I'm still deciding. My toss up is between HoJo and Doubletree Anaheim Orange County so more to come on that soon. We are waiting for the party dates to be posted and plan to attend the party and one day at USH to check out Harry Potter land. We also plan to go to Blue Bayou for the first time so, we're looking forward to that as well.

We live in Canada so late Oct is cold here, my kiddos are wondering if it will be warm enough for the pool (Tropicana) I assume its heated?
Yes it will be warm enough for the pools! Also pretty much all hotel pools, Disney or GN are some what heated and even some indoors.

This is what we dressed up as two years ago. My husband was clark Kent, slacks, glasses and a red cape. I can't imagine them not letting adults in dressed like this. That would be so picky!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter