October 18, 2008- Living Large on the Western!

Chrissy, i remember when shaunie was that age, she was so cute! :cutie:
But now:confused3 , only joking, are the girls excited about the cruise, you know what I mean,do they get it? Lynne

Mum's in getting a hip replacement so I have some time to do things - so finally!
Name, cruising party, and residence

Wendy and Doreen (mum), Aberdeen, Scotland

Have you ever cruised before? On DCL?
8 times with DCL, both Magic and Wonder. 2 P&O cruises

Where were you born?
Aberdeen

How many times did you move as a child?
Never

If you could travel anywhere in the world - where would you go?
Asia

What is your favorite ice cream flavor?
Haagen Daaz Praline

Favorite Drinks?
Martinis

Who has had the most influence in your life?
My mum and dad and some special young men in my life.

Have you ever met a famous person?
Richard Sherman, soccer players, Princess Ann

Last person you talked to on the phone?
My mum

Last Movie You Watched?
My Big Fat Greek Wedding

Computer Screen Wallpaper?
Castaway Cay
What's the farthest you've been from home?
Sri Lanka

What's something you can't stand?
People who take advantage
At which store would you want a $10,000 shopping spree?
Ann Taylor
Do you shop for Christmas before December?
Yes
Do you always return your shopping cart to the corral?
Most of the time

If you had to be on a reality T.V. show, which one would it be?
None of them – hate them!
Name one animal you'd be too chicken to hold?
Happy to hold anything
If you could trade places with one person for a day, who would it be?
My future husband…………………..

Mum's in getting a hip replacement
My mom's getting one on Friday- here's to pain-free hips! :)

How many times did you move as a child?
Never
Ooh, that makes me kind of jealous! I have moved so many times!

Favorite Drinks?
Martinis
Martini-tasting, here we come! :goodvibes

Last Movie You Watched?
My Big Fat Greek Wedding
I love that movie. So funny, and touching, and romantic and real.

My youngest (Lillian) will be 6 on the cruise. She will insist that they love Hannah Montana.:rotfl:

They Like her music but are not into the show yet. But they have the guitars, purses, clothes and all that..... It is already beginning.....

Welcome NikkiZ, and congratulations on your wedding. When will it be?

I am so jealous of those of you who are getting your Disney fixes.
Did you have a great time Chrissy? And how did the girls like it? Did they have a favorite something?

QUOTE]

The girls had a blast... They loved the new playhouse disney show. We also did Universal for their first time this year and they really enjoyed SeussLand. We had excellant weather. Allison got sick one day and threw up on our night we did Hoop Dee Doo so my DH had to sit outside with her while we watched the show. But she bounced back the next day (he had to keep her at the house for a few hours).

My fav something was the dude playing Jack Sparrow ;)

Chrissy, i remember when shaunie was that age, she was so cute! :cutie:
But now:confused3 , only joking, are the girls excited about the cruise, you know what I mean,do they get it? Lynne

The funny part of our Disney trip was we went on the fireworkd cruise and the girls thought that was the cruise LOL. They were kinda bummed and were like this boat is not as big as it looks on the video :rotfl:

So we had to explain that we were coming back in a few months to go on a BIG boat that we would be sleeping on. It was hard for them because they thought we were doing everything when we were there then.

Now they talk about it non stop... They sound like such snobs.

I spit coffee out my nose when I thought about those little girls thinking the fireworks cruise was THE cruise!! The first time I ever cruised, (on the Norwegian) as we pulled into the port, I kept asking where is the ship? Where is it? I can't see it! All I can see is that big blue building! :rotfl2: They are going to be SO surpised!! I can't wait to see them! And I know what you mean about Capt'n Jack! Whoever thought a guy in mascara could be so hot?

WendyM and Lynne, I hope both of your mothers make a quick, painless, recovery. Give them my best wishes, please. And Lynne, happy birthday to your mom!

Wendy, Sri Lanka? Really? That sounds so exotic. How did you like it?
I also love big fat greek wedding. And all movies like that.

Turns out I won't be having a 6 months to go party since that is Cal's weekend with his dad. Maybe I'll just go to this local hotel that has an indoor tropical themed pool, and pretend. Cal thinks we should have a One month to go party. Like I won't be in the middle of my own crazy lists!

Hi everyone

There is a crowd of 13 of us heading over from Scotland for this cruise and we are definitely all getting dressed up for the formal night.

We were all on the Eastern last October and I would say that people not dressed up were definitely in the minority. We only saw a few people without formal gowns on, but I must say that a lot of the men had on suits with bow ties too.

We thought it was a fantastic night and it was great excuse to get dressed up for the occasion and the family photos with everyone all looking so gorgeous are all proudly displayed here at home.

Go for it guys!!! Actually, i've just realised that the photo my husband has on his signature is one of us on the cruise!!! He wore his formal military uniform and we bumped into a few handsome American guys with their military uniforms on too.

Mary Kay
Wife of

Just curious...Is it Scotlands vacation week, seems like alot of people from there are on this cruise?

We only get 2 days off that week so I need to take my daughter out the other 4.

Hi everyone

There is a crowd of 13 of us heading over from Scotland for this cruise and we are definitely all getting dressed up for the formal night.

Mary Kay
Wife of

Welcome....wow another group from Scotland...how fun! Hey Mary Kay I was noticing the picture....I assume that is your daughter in the photo. Will she be on the cruise with you as well.? We have another thread going on that all our kids are chatting with each other. From the picture, it looks like your daughter is probably about the same age as my youngest (Kayla) who will 12 on the cruise, and there are a couple of others about the same age as well. (One from Scotland as well.) Unfortunatly my oldest is 15 and so far no one her age is going!

Yes, we are off for 2 weeks, scotland is diff all over, some a week, some 2 weeks.

We got dressed up last year, cant wait for it again Mary Kay, us scots are taking over the world!!Not really but last year I never heard one other scottish person! nice to hear from you. Has your daughter already posted on the kids? We are coming to Aviemore for the weekend, any snow up your way? Hope you are all well!! Not long now!!:banana: :banana: Lynne

Mary Kay I would love to hear what you think of the east vs west cruise, we would like to do east next. Actually we would like to do the panama canal next but doubt if we will can afford it!

One more funny from my kids... Zoe was talking about the cruise tonight, it is a nightly thing now, but she asked if there would be more than 10 ppl on the boat. She also asked who drives the boat while we sleep.

They are getting pretty excited... Why do we have to wait so long....

On the formal thing. We are going to get dressed nicely. The girls are going to wear flowergirl dresses from when they were in a wedding and my DH is going to get a suit. Of course I will need to buy a new dress ;) This is one of the few times we will all get to dress up together.

Of course I will need to buy a new dress ;) This is one of the few times we will all get to dress up together.

I'm taking my dress out for a spin next weekend. Our church auction is fancy this year, so I thought I'd get two uses out of the darn thing. I mean, the thing has a mini TRAIN! What was I thinking?!? LOL

Chrissy, I am sorry but I am withthe girls, blooming good questions if you ask me!!!!

Erica, I cant wait to see your dress, I am so excited, we are all going away for the weekend and it will be, cruise,cruise,cruise!!Lynne:banana:

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter