October 18, 2008- Living Large on the Western!

Colmenares3

Mouseketeer
We're having our getting-to-know-your-faces meet in the Promenade Lounge before the safety drill. We'll meet there at 3:00 p.m. :grouphug: Be there or . . .miss it. :-)
Oh, and if you can print yourself out a nametag, that'd be super. Put your DIS screenname as well as your real name, so that we recognize you!

Those arriving to the Terminal early can also meet up. Of course.

Finally, we'd like to share a list of stateroom numbers, in case we'd like to do activities together during the cruise. I'm thinking Martini Tastings, I'm thinking Bingo, I'm thinking . . .you name it!

Here's who we have signed on so far (kids ages are their cruise ages. Adult ages are definitely optional ;) ):

Colmenares3 (Erica 43): in #7120 with DH (43), DS (11)- from Madison, WI
GolfNPirate (Jim): in #8048 with DW Michele and DS Ryan (10) plus FIL
WHATIF (Linda): in #7568 with grandson Calvin (12) from suburban Chicago
krdisneybound: with possible shipmate, yet TBD
wendym (Wendy, 38): in #7621 with her mum, Doreen, from Aberdeen, Scotland, UK
nokidz (Chris, 43): in #5636 with DW Lori (37) from Wasaga Beach, Ontario Canada
FLmomof2 (33): with DH (35), DDs (3 and 6), stepDS (13), MIL, FIL, SIL, & BIL
Twinprincesses (Chrissy): in #6040 with DH Devon, DDs Allison and Zoe (5 and 5)
orlandothebeagle (Lynne): in #5629 with DH and Dniece Shaunie (12)
macfin: with DW and DSs (4 and by then 1) plus grandparents
DiMitch (Diane, 44): with DH 57), DD (15) & DD (12) from Denver CO (Highlands Ranch)
Tigger1221 (Jill): in #2002 with mom, step-dad and sister Karli (11)
sunsh1ne: and DH celebrate One Year Anniversary!
robind: cruising solo in stateroom 5514
ronnieH: it's a surprise cruise for 82 yo mother!
NikiZ28: on her honeymoon with Future Hubbie!
StephenKay: with DW Mary Kay and another 11 from Scotland
shelleyg (Shelley, 43): with DH Greg (44) and DD Kristi (8 - at time of cruise)
thecooley(25): with DH (28), in 2547 on first cruise ever.
**theporterfam** (Jenn, 28): 2nd cruise with DH Wayne, and Peyton (6) and Emilia (4)
cyndid: in #6048 with DH two girls 12 and 8 (at time of sailing)
Mdavison (34): with DW 31; DD 9; DD 6, from Sebastian Florida
mommato6: in #1071 and #1073 with DH, and four kids: dd 14, ds 8, dd 6, dd 3
BeachPartyof3 (Tanya): in # 6089 with DH Mike and DD 5 from Virginia Beach
Skylarr29 (Melissa, 24): with then-DH Robert (28) on honeymoon
djsarasota: 2 adults, 2 kids ages 8 (boy) and 4 (girl) from Sarasota, Fl
jbwork (jb): 2 adults and DS 18m from Memphis, in stateroom 7129
hen3(2 adults/1 kid): stateroom #2109, child age 5
michglod (6 adults, 4 kids): three staterooms 7100 (Susan, Steve, Tyler (10) and Shelby (6)), 7102 (Michelle, Mark, A.J. (7), Anya (7)), 7104 (Carol and Don)

We also have a Kids Cruise Thread going- if a child in your party is interested in participating, check it out over HERE. Please let us know on this thread that your child is posting (and their username) so that we don't panic when an unknown member joins in the kids' fun!

Who else is out there lurking? Can't wait to meet you all. :dance3:!

Who is in for Disney Tag? Last Day to Sign Up: October 8! :)
(For details, read post number #707 on page 48)

Colmenares3 (2 adults/1 kid): stateroom #7120, Erica, DH Phil, and DS Max (11) from Madison, WI
DiMitch (2 adults/2 kids): stateroom #7514, Diane with DH (57), DD (15) & DD (12) from Denver CO
sunsh1ne (2 adults): stateroom #?, Sunshine and DH celebrate One Year Anniversary!
WHATIF (1 adult/1 kid): stateroom 7568, Linda with grandson Calvin (12) from Illinois
Tigger1221 (3 adults/1 kid): stateroom #2002, Jill with her mom, step-dad and sister Karli (11)
wendym (2 adults): stateroom #7621, Wendy with mother Doreen from Aberdeen, Scotland, UK
cyndid (2 adults/2 kids): stateroom #6048, cyndid and her DH plus girls 12 and 8
GolfNPirate (3 adults/1 kid): stateroom #8048, Jim with DW Michele and DS Ryan (10) plus FIL
Twinprincesses (2 adults/2 kids): stateroom #6040, Chrissy with DH Devon, DDs Allison and Zoe (5 and 5)
mommato6 (2 adults/4 kids): staterooms #1071 and 1073, Heather + DH, and four kids: dd 14, ds 8, dd 6, dd 3
BeachPartyof3 (2 adults/1 kid): stateroom #6089, Tanya with DH Mike and DD 5
jbwork (jb) (2 adults and DS 18m): stateroom #7129
djsarasota (2 adults/2 kids): stateroom #2107, kids ages 8 and 4
hen3(2 adults/1 kid): stateroom #2109, child age 5
michglod (6 adults, 4 kids): three staterooms 7100 (Susan, Steve, Tyler (10) and Shelby (6)), 7102 (Michelle, Mark, A.J. (7), Anya (7)), 7104 (Carol and Don)

Anyone booked yet? I was here in a frenzy of research around the time I booked, and now am back for Round Two. ;) My DS (10 yo) is hoping we can cruise earlier than Oct 08, but for now, we're just happy to have something booked. :cool1:

We just finished Eastern Caribbean on May 5th. What a fantastic time. This time we'll try Western.

We actually got the same room, 6628. Unbelievable. Only 17 months to go(with a few trips to WDW in between).

We're finally booked!! :tigger: Originally we booked on the Oct 4th, but this one works much better with my work schedule. It's just me and my husband James. We'll be celebrating our 3 year anniversary albeit a little early. I'm so excited to finally have things in the works!! Now we just have to wait the 1 year and 3 months. Oh, won't it hurry and get here?!

So, are there really on two other groups booked? Am I missing a larger thread? Come on Everyone!

Woo hoo!! How great! At least there are three of us going on that cruise!

So, are there really on two other groups booked? Am I missing a larger thread? Come on Everyone!
As far as I know, although I haven't been very diligent about checking. If there are, bumping this thread will probably help us get someone else's attention. :thumbsup2

Now, where's the DIS member with the 10 yo DS to hang out with MY DS? ;)

Sorry, can't help with the kids, but hopefully if we keep bumping this up, more people will find us!

Sorry, can't help with the kids
LOL- you mean you won't go out an adopt? For ME? :confused3 Hard to believe! :sad2:

I just bought a gorgeous formal dress for the formal night. I am making DH rent a tux. I am so not a formal dresser, but we haven't really had a big night out since our wedding 13 years ago. We're due. princess:

Our DS will be 10 on the cruise. We went Eastern 2 months ago and he spent most of his time in the oceaneer lab. So he is definitely looking for some kids to hang out with. We're doing some research on excursions, but we've got plenty of time. Our DIS get together on the last cruise kind of fell apart, so hopefully it'll be better this go round. Any one know how many days????? We'll be in the WDW in September.

Our DS will be 10 on the cruise. We went Eastern 2 months ago and he spent most of his time in the oceaneer lab. So he is definitely looking for some kids to hang out with.
Woo hoo, GolfNPirate, that's so great. We're definitely planning on getting DS (10 now, 11 then) to the kids club the first night. Maybe we'll hook up there. And when we get closer, maybe your DS and my DS can email or something. :cool1:

Any one know how many days?????

Only 463 days and counting!

LOL- you mean you won't go out an adopt? For ME? Hard to believe!

Well, I'm glad you found a buddy for your DS, I guess I'm off the hook. DH will be glad to hear that!

I'll probably be pretty dressed up a couple of nights (formal, semi-formal, Palo) I'm just one of those people who loves to play dress-up, but I have a hard time getting DH to dress really formal, so I'm pretty sure there will be no tux in his future. He won't be one of "those" though, don't worry, he will look appropriate. Well, I'm sure I'll think that he looks awful dapper and handsome even without the tux! If I can get away with it, I might try and buy something new, but I'm not sure if DH will be pleased.

If I can get away with it, I might try and buy something new, but I'm not sure if DH will be pleased.
Definitely try consignment shops, if there are any in your area. A girlfriend and I visited four or five, and I found a number of very nice formal dresses in the $50-$60 range. princess:

I didn't see too many people dressed in tuxedos and formal dresses on our last cruise. Most wore suit & tie and not so formal dress. But I also saw people in Goofy T-shirts at formal night as well.

Is this y'all first Disney cruise? We just did one on 2 months ago, so feel free to ask any questions. We did the Eastern, so I don't know much about Western.

Wow, 463 days, 66 weeks.

I didn't see too many people dressed in tuxedos and formal dresses on our last cruise. Most wore suit & tie and not so formal dress.
OK, could you just not tell my DH that. :lmao: I definitely get that impression, too, from reading threads here. But I'm just itching for a really nice evening out- and haven't gotten to see DH in a tux for over 13 years. :love:

Is this y'all first Disney cruise? We just did one on 2 months ago, so feel free to ask any questions.
GolfNPirate, after doing one cruise, do you have a strong opinion about either the dining rotation or main vs late seating? I keep going back and forth- right now we have main seating, but I'm thinking about changing to late . . .

We liked the early seating because dinner roughly takes 1 1/2 to 2 hours and that gives us time to drop off DS (9) at the Oceaneer Lab, then get us to the nightly show or movie. After the show we would then got to the nightclub for a drink or two and watch the comedians do their adult show. Our son really enjoyed the Lab and we had pretty much drag him out of there. We also didn't feel guilty about grabbing a late night snack from the buffet stations, since it had been a few hours since we ate. Just something tiny. They do have 2 shows a day, usually 6 & 8. I think in means of late or early dining it doesn't matter. There are more kids at the early dining.

We liked the early seating because dinner roughly takes 1 1/2 to 2 hours and that gives us time to drop off DS (9) at the Oceaneer Lab, then get us to the nightly show or movie.
Huh, so your DS didn't go to the shows? Or only some of them? I know DS is counting on doing ALL the shows, but maybe he'd enjoy being in the Lab more? He hates to miss anything! LOL pirate:

Correct. The only show he saw was the first night. Between all the activities and video games, he wasn't interested in shows. We figure its his vacation too, so let him do what he likes and/or interested in. They play lots of games, make flubber, make scrapbooks and in the end the get a graduation T-Shirt & graduation caps with Mickey Ears. They have a ceremony at the end where the Captain and Mickey meet them. Was really cool for kids.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter