Oct/Nov/Dec Code Watch

We'll be there October 29th- November 5th at BWI Concierge! Waiting for a discount code as well!

Sprinkling Pixie Dust for Great RATES!!!!

I'm also waiting for an AP rate for our December trip.
Dec. 11th to 16th at POR
Dec. 16th to 20th at WL

The AP rate would help out very much with our reservations.
This is our first time going to disney with AP's and it would be nice to get the discounts.

me too!!!! POR AB for dec 1 thru 7....5 in our family...3 little princesses...I hope the POR AB will be enough space for us. I am keeping an eye out for a military discount for this time and then I might switch to BC!! Otherwise it is our first family trip to the world, I have been several times as a kid. First time onsite.

Just curious..to all who have posted on this thread..have you already booked at rack until a code (hopefully) comes out OR who has booked a room at a less expensive resort (like me :) ) & will book to an upgraded resort when/if the AP's come out?

yes that is me exactly!! I booked at POR but I REALLLLLY want to stay at Beach Club or GF...I fear the POR AB rooms are not going to cut it for our family of 5 and I don't want to do 2 rooms at a value so I will wait patiently but until then...POR would be a great place too!! Either way I am just happy to be able to afford an onsite visit :)

mommykds said:
Just curious..to all who have posted on this thread..have you already booked at rack until a code (hopefully) comes out OR who has booked a room at a less expensive resort (like me :) ) & will book to an upgraded resort when/if the AP's come out?

We did it sorta half and half. Right now we're booked at AKL and POFQ. We'll stay at AKL even if we have to pay rack (my 4-year-old's favorite), but we hope to upgrade from POFQ to, well, anywhere Deluxe though the Poly or YC would be ideal!

mommykds said:

Right now I am booked at FQ for October with an AAA discount and in Nov at ASMo with an AAA discount also. I won't be upgrading just hoping for a better rate but if not then it is better than rack :)

mommykds said:

I dont book until AP rates come out. My theory is the more rooms booked at rack rate the more rooms Disney thinks are filled & the less discounts. But I always have several choices available and am willing to take whatever is discounted.

I've booked what I'm comfortable paying right now (POFQ), but will definitely upgrade if given the opportunity! But, if at the end of the day, all we can get is a further discount off our POFQ room, then that is a good thing, too!!

We're just happy to be seeing the holidays for the 1st time at the World!!

We've got a AAA rate for a standard at WL from Dec 3-11. We might upgrade to a CR wing room if we can get it for about the same ($169+tx). We've stayed at WL twice during Oct. and loved it. We're very torn between the WL at Christmas (never seen the decorations) or the convenience of CR.

I'm satisfied with the rate we have now, though. The most we'll save is a little less than $400 (if we can get an AP standard rate at WL). While $400 isn't chicken feed, it's not like the last two trips where we could knock off $80-100/night with a good code rate. Saving/not saving $800-1000 on a ten night trip made code time extremely stressful. Luckily, we got codes both times, but last year was crazy. I must have called CRO 20 times in a week period hunting for a day here and a day there. :crazy:

Sooo New here...and have a couple questions...are the code only for AP holders? Or do they offer other codes for the general public? Were from way up in Washington state and air fair alone is a nightmare...so I'm thinking an AP is out of the question for us...who knows when we'll make it back to Fl. We're looking at Oct 19-22 at the POP or one of the All Stars. :goodvibes

Also booked using AAA and will wait to see if AP rates are any better!

Our schedule and resort are not flexible (we're travelling with another family), so we just booked the resort we wanted. If a code comes out that we can apply to that reservation, great. But we didn't book a cheaper resort in hopes of getting an upgrade later.

scrapperjill said:
Sooo New here...and have a couple questions...are the code only for AP holders? Or do they offer other codes for the general public? Were from way up in Washington state and air fair alone is a nightmare...so I'm thinking an AP is out of the question for us...who knows when we'll make it back to Fl. We're looking at Oct 19-22 at the POP or one of the All Stars. :goodvibes
AP codes are only for AP holders. Depending on the discount and where you stay, it is often worth it just to get an AP for the discount. For our trip, an AP will cost about $200 more than a MYW ticket. If we can save $400 on our room (WL) with an AP code it makes sense to buy the AP just for the code. Then if you have an AP you can buy a DDE card (20% off meals) for $50. So, even if you use an AP for one trip it can be well worth the money. On your trip, however, since you'll only stay a few days at a value, an AP code probably wouldn't be worth it.

There are also general public room only codes. They are becoming less frequent, though. Here is a link from Mousesavers showing when discount codes have been released. There has been one "available to anyone" room only code this year, but there have been four AP code releases.

Flying all that way for a three day trip, honestly I'd look into staying offsite and staying longer. That time of year you can find some great rates offsite. Normally, I would not recommend staying offsite, but that's a lot of money being spent for a three day trip.

One more question, how are you "New" here with over 1,000 posts? :)

We already book rack rate. We have never stayed at Disney with a discounted room rate. So if we get one all the better for us. We are ok with paying rack rate for WL since we have never stayed there. And the POR is our moderate choice for this trip. We ususally stay at a moderate.

We have 2 rooms at the GF booked at the AAA rate. If the AP rates come out, it could save us some serious money with 2 rooms. If not, we are willing to pay what we have booked. I would never book a room and NOT be willing to pay that rate. The codes seem too sparse and hard to come by to chance it.

We booked three rooms at WL (woods view) for Nov 30 to Dec 4 this past week. All the standard rooms were already gone. Does this mean it is unlikely to get an AP rate for that time? Last year we could not get an AP rate at WL in early December and stayed at AKL instead where we could get the rate. In fact, all we could get at WL when I waited until August to make reservations was a suite.

We booked three rooms at WL (woods view) for Nov 30 to Dec 4 this past week. All the standard rooms were already gone. Does this mean it is unlikely to get an AP rate for that time? Last year we could not get an AP rate at WL in early December and stayed at AKL instead where we could get the rate. In fact, all we could get at WL when I waited until August to make reservations was a suite.

We have two rooms booked at POR for our Nov 19th through the 26th stay. This is with an AAA rate. If AP rates or codes come out to bring this down some that will be fine but we are also willing to pay what we booked. We are paying $140.49 a night inc taxes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter