• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Oct car rental

ChrisAlli said:
I got a rate with Alamo, 10-20 to 10-30 of $358 for a Midsize SUV that was with a BJ's coupon. Looking for better
Have you checked Alamo rates lately??? I just did and they are CrAzY! :crazy: I have a Midsize SUV booked for 10/16-10/26 for $365 using the Walmart coupon and $25 coupon...I just checked today and the same rental would run me $557! OUCH! I think we did pretty good with the amts we have! :thumbsup2

My advice to the OP is keep checking as you get closer to your travel dates. Every two weeks or so I get the "Hot Deals" email from Alamo that lists all the good deals for the next few travel weeks. The last email I received was on 6/7 and listed reduced rates through 6/25. You can probably sign up for the email via their website.

Best of luck to you finding a good rate! :car:

gavvy said:
Does anyone think the rates will come down for Oct, I got a great deal in May with Alamo and the Walmart code, but now for oct They are over double what I paid then :-(
Hi!
I don't know if anyone responded to you yet, but I think the rates will drop more as we get closer to our travel dates. I posted before that I receive emails every 2-3 weeks from Alamo about their "Hot Deals". They are listing a current midsize vehicle price of $139.90/week in Orlando through 6/25. Around or after 6/25 they will send me another email about July prices...so the best bet is to keep checking every so often now, but really start checking probably daily in late September/early October depending on your travel dates.

I was playing around and used my October dates of travel (10/16-10/26) as June dates to see what rates I would get. They quoted me $265 (rate code SUNPROM6 but that could change) for a midsize SUV for those dates and I am currently reserved at $365...so I am hoping that is what will happen as we get closer to our travel dates.

Good luck getting a good price! :thumbsup2

365 for an SUV? I just rented one through Alamo for 173 plus taxes for 9/9-9/16. What codes did you use? I used the ones on mousesavers for Walmart.

cjnix29 said:
365 for an SUV? I just rented one through Alamo for 173 plus taxes for 9/9-9/16. What codes did you use? I used the ones on mousesavers for Walmart.
I reserved my rate in late April using the $25 coupon and the Walmart code. We are technically renting the car for 11 days so we got a rate around $187/week and then 4 additional days for around $31/day. Be glad you got such a great rate! :thumbsup2

With our sams club, we got a van rental for 12 days for 482.00. He said it was a better deal then with my AAA card..This is renting from my home state of Indiana with unlimited miles to drive to florida..

The rates for Budget for October have dropped in the past 2 weeks... I knocked $100 off our previously-reserved car.

:sunny:

Tammy,

If you wouldn't mind, could you pm me the code you used for Sam's club. I keep forgetting to look when I go to the store!!

Thanks,

Kayla

granmanh603 said:
Hi has anyone gotten any good code rates for Oct? Would prefer Alamo or National since want to return at Dolphin or car center but would use any car rental Thanks :goodvibes

If you've got an AP, Alamo discount code is in the folder. Use that, it's one of the best rates going.

pirate: pirate:

klcason said:
Tammy,

If you wouldn't mind, could you pm me the code you used for Sam's club. I keep forgetting to look when I go to the store!!

Thanks,

Kayla

BTW. Alamo full sized SUV 9/22 - 10/1 $226 taxes and fees included. However I made the reservation months ago. Try Codes: ID# 860292 Rate Code: BY.

Good luck!

:moped: :moped: :moped:

ntsammy5 said:
BTW. Alamo full sized SUV 9/22 - 10/1 $226 taxes and fees included. However I made the reservation months ago. Try Codes: ID# 860292 Rate Code: BY.

Good luck!

:moped: :moped: :moped:

860292 is the Disney annual passholder code. you need to be an AP holder to use it as they may ask to see your pass.

I used contract ID 6402639 with the $25 off weekly rental at National and got an SUV for $160 for a week for a total of $205 with taxes and fees. I go the coupon from National's website (good for minivan, suv or luxury) and got the code here- not sure where the origin is from. Hoping to find out.

Victoria

I think you will see the price of full size SUV's drop in the next few weeks to months. I read a report that many of these vehicles are not being rented as gas prices continue to rise. Now that a gallon is over $3.00 you may see some pretty sweet deals coming up on SUV's. Keep looking and trying. :thumbsup2

I'm hoping to see some drop in rates, but beware, if we have a hurricane, the price of rental cars will go sky high. This happened last year and the rates were so high, over $500 weekly, or you would get a message saying there were no cars available. A lot of folks rented the cars one way to get out of the way of the storms. So folks should at least try to book something to have just in case. I've always found the fall (Oct) to have some of the highest rates. We go to WDW 5-6 times a year, so pretty much have hit every season (except Easter and Christmas--no way). Right now Alamo seems to have decent rates, but only on cars up to full size. I will probably book a full size just to have something reserved and hope for falling prices.

vgrandy said:
I used contract ID 6402639 with the $25 off weekly rental at National and got an SUV for $160 for a week for a total of $205 with taxes and fees. I go the coupon from National's website (good for minivan, suv or luxury) and got the code here- not sure where the origin is from. Hoping to find out.

Victoria
Hi!
That code is offering some GREAT rates...so I did a little research and found it is a code for a NACDA convention. I found the website associated with it and didn't find much information there. Apparently the code was started for their 2005 convention and offered to all convention attendees. The website does not say anything about needing to show ID or such. Here is a link to the NACDA website that discusses the codes: http://nacda.cstv.com/sports/convention/spec-rel/051705aaf.html

HTH! When are you traveling?

Via autoslash email alert for a midsize.

Wasn’t able to replicate it using usual codes.

My best rate prior was $225 thru alamo.

Will try to link it to my insider account to use kiosk but not optimistic

C3A6B30E-5E35-45D6-AE7C-E4127E3C896B.jpeg

Lol zombie thread got me. Sorry, searched for Oct & it popped up. Will look again manually for proper thread

I have to use the advanced search in order to select results to be listed by date. I don't know if there is a way to make this the default; I much prefer results by "date" (most recent to oldest) than by "relevance".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter