Oceanview Question: Island or Pool side

PoohBearFamily

Mouseketeer
Hi! We will be staying in a 1-bedroom Oceanview Villa for our first trip to Aulani. Is it better to book the Island side or Pool side Oceanview? We were worried the poolside oceanview made me extremely loud, but also worried if we book islandside the view won't be as as nice?

I've looked at the photo examples on the pinned thread here and. I just want to know people's experiences in either or both on which is better. I do see that the islandside 1 bedrooms are lock-off 2 bedrooms. So I wonder if I will even have islandside as an option? Thanks!

Is it better to book the Island side or Pool side Oceanview? We were worried the poolside oceanview made me extremely loud, but also worried if we book islandside the view won't be as as nice?
I think the views of the pool would be better. We've found that the soundproofing of the rooms is very, very good. Unless you have the slider open or are on the balcony, you won't hear anything from the pool.

We’ve stayed In ocean view rooms on both sides of the Ewa tower. The side overlooking the pools is far superior imo. And I agree that noise was never an issue so long as the door was closed. I have a 5yo and 3yo who had no problem napping, falling asleep at night, etc. There was a poster who mentioned the daily chant woke him up in the morning, though.

Our 12th floor ocean view room that faced East Was very disappointing. The room below me was an island garden view room and cost significantly less points. However, we did get to watch the luau from our balcony so that was a plus!

For an ocean view I always ask for Ewa building, facing the Waikoloha pool on a high floor because I LOVE to see the sunsets whilst in Hawaii. I don't think I've ever seen a bad one from these rooms at Aulani!

Attachments

• IMG_6064.jpeg
    IMG_6064.jpeg
    82.7 KB · Views: 37
We also like the poolside ocean views but perhaps for a different reason. In the evenings, live performers sing classic Hawaiian music which is amplified across the pool area. It's almost inaudible with the room slider doors closed. But we love the music and sometimes sit out on the lanai, watching the pool lights glow as the sun sets and listening to the songs.

We’ve stayed In ocean view rooms on both sides of the Ewa tower. The side overlooking the pools is far superior imo. And I agree that noise was never an issue so long as the door was closed. I have a 5yo and 3yo who had no problem napping, falling asleep at night, etc. There was a poster who mentioned the daily chant woke him up in the morning, though.

Our 12th floor ocean view room that faced East Was very disappointing. The room below me was an island garden view room and cost significantly less points. However, we did get to watch the luau from our balcony so that was a plus!

Thank you for this advice. If the slider door is open is it too loud to enjoy?

For an ocean view I always ask for Ewa building, facing the Waikoloha pool on a high floor because I LOVE to see the sunsets whilst in Hawaii. I don't think I've ever seen a bad one from these rooms at Aulani!
Thats so pretty! I will ask for this too. What floor is considered high enough?

We also like the poolside ocean views but perhaps for a different reason. In the evenings, live performers sing classic Hawaiian music which is amplified across the pool area. It's almost inaudible with the room slider doors closed. But we love the music and sometimes sit out on the lanai, watching the pool lights glow as the sun sets and listening to the songs.
Oh the music sounds lovely.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter