"Obscure" MK quick service/Fast Snack places and DP

vinotinto

Just Keep Swimming
Have any of you eaten at:

Golden Oak Outpost
Friar's Nook (Formerly The Village Fry Shoppe)
Sleepy Hollow

I don't see them mentioned in the Disney Dining Plan Guide nor much in this forum. Are they any good? Can you use CS credits there?

I have not eaten at any of the places you mentioned but have seen yummy looking pictures for the Golden Oak Outpost on the Disney food picture thread. The chicken sandwich looked great and it is on my list for our next trip.

The only place that I have been to was Sleepy Hollow. I got a Mickey Waffle with strawberries and whipped cream and a frozen cappuccino float. It doesn't have many options, but it's a nice place to grab a snack. When I went it was also pretty quiet and not crowded, probably since it's off the beaten path.

I only used a snack credit for the float, and paid OOP for the waffle since it was only $4 or $5. I would imagine that you could use a CS though and get a dessert though.

The Golden Oak is comparatively new. It does serve an awesome chicken sandwich, and the last time we were there (spring) they were indeed taking DDP CS credits.

Sleepy Hollow is more of a snack place, tucked in the corner just over the bridge from the hub into liberty square, and has some goodies like funnel cakes and such, some of which are probably on the DDP snack credits. I'm fairly sure the funnel cakes are *not* credit-able, though... (I don't eat them, too much sugar for me)

Friar's Nook I am less familiar with, i know where it is but that is about it.

HTH :thumbsup2

Sleepy Hollow is my DF's favorite, as he's a major funnel cake junkie. I always get a cup of soft serve for myself. It's in a nice quiet spot and rarely busy!

Haven't been to the other places, not even sure where Golden Oak is!

I'm fairly sure the funnel cakes are *not* credit-able, though...

I was at WDW a couple of weeks ago. Since there has been conflicting information as to whether or not you can use a snack credit for the funnel cakes at Sleepy Hollow I decided to do some investigating. I asked about it on two different days (different CMs) and in both cases was told that it was allowable. Both CMs pointed to the waffle and said that that was not available for a snack credit, just the funnel cake.

I was at WDW a couple of weeks ago. Since there has been conflicting information as to whether or not you can use a snack credit for the funnel cakes at Sleepy Hollow I decided to do some investigating. I asked about it on two different days (different CMs) and in both cases was told that it was allowable. Both CMs pointed to the waffle and said that that was not available for a snack credit, just the funnel cake.

Oh, good! We've always used a snack credit in the past to get a funnel cake at Sleepy Hollow but I had read that it wasn't available as such recently. I'll ask anyway, because you never know when they might decide to change. Thanks for the info. :)

Off to WDW on Sunday! Will check out some of these "obscure" places. Thanks for the info!

Oh, good! We've always used a snack credit in the past to get a funnel cake at Sleepy Hollow but I had read that it wasn't available as such recently. I'll ask anyway, because you never know when they might decide to change. Thanks for the info. :)

We always get the funnel cake with a snack credit. I think only the ones with the powdered sugar are creditable tho not the fruit topped ones.

When we were there two weeks ago, Friar's Nook was serving CS meals for lunch on. I can't remember most of the menu, except they did have a chicken parmesan sandwich. I wonder if it was the lost chicken parm taken from AK at Pizzafari? ;)(Taken off the menu there :sad1:)

We always try to get a waffle or 2 at Sleepy Hollow in the morning. They make them fresh when you order so it takes about 5 min. We bypass the mob in line at the bakery and get a quiet table over looking the castle. I think it's a hidden gem.

Great! We were in WDW in May 2008 not on the DDP and noticed it had the symbol then. We paid OOP and this time I was looking forward to using a snack credit for it.

Yes, ate at Friar's Nook on sat 10/3 it is the lost chicken parm sandwich from Pizzafari!
No problem using CS credits. Loved the apples with caramel for dessert.
5 of us shared two chicken ceasar salads, two sandwiches, drinks and then 4 containers of the apples.
Only problem, is the limited seating outside

I LOVE funnell cakes! So glad to find a place to pick on up on the DDP!!!:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter