• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Oasis of the Seas Deck plans posted

sahd2one

DIS Veteran
secure. royalcaribbean. com / content / en_US / pdf / Oasis_Deck_Plans.pdf

REMOVE SPACES

Big I tell you...big. The inside balconies facing the Aquatheatre!

The pool on the aft that lowers its floor at night for high dive acts.

Just incredible.

Oh geesh, you are talking about it here too. I just left the RCCL site to take a break from Oasis. I have been talking about it since midnight last night. Now I have a migraine. :sick:

So yes, deck plans are released. They got leaked last night but RCCL added them to the site this morning. Prices were suppose to be sent out today, now they are saying tomorrow. :confused3

Booking starts Thursday for C&A diamonds/D+

The rest of C&A can book on Tuesday, then the general public on Sept 3rd.

So I already have my cabin picked out for Tuesday. ;)

On those deck plans, RCCL is withholding the H20 zone, flow rider and whatever else is on the pool deck. I am hoping to see a Lazy River. :banana: I can dream can't I?

I can't wait until the reveal the NASCAR mini-track.

The zipline will be cool. My little one spent all day looking at the carousel and the candy place. We all want to get matching tattoos on board.

I am totally in awe of this ship!

Need your guys opinion. We are going on our first cruise in December on the Wonder. We would like to book the Oasis for a upcoming trip 2010. Since we are such cruise newbies do you think the Oasis may be just too much ship for us?

Need your guys opinion. We are going on our first cruise in December on the Wonder. We would like to book the Oasis for a upcoming trip 2010. Since we are such cruise newbies do you think the Oasis may be just too much ship for us?

Well it depends...lol.

This is kind of like saying, we are booked at Pop Music, should we NOT try concierge level at Animal Kingdom Lodge because it will be too much of a hotel for us? ;)

If you like alot of ammenities. If you want to zipline, ride a carousel, watch a water performance, surf the Flowrider, then NO, it's not too much of a ship.

If you don't like ANY of those things, and just want a nice quiet cruise, then there are better ships suited to someone like that. :)

My favorite ships are Freedom class...so for me, Oasis class will be a nice step up. But I still like smaller ships like Wonder, there is a kind of cruise for every taste. :thumbsup2

Wow!! :worship: That ship is huge!! Those Aquatheatre suites and Loft suites sound amazing. For our family of 5, the Aquatheatre suites seem like they would be great since they have the two bedrooms.

This all sound awesome and what I saw looks awesome too, but it really seems like a ship I wouldn't like to go on just too big :lmao:, I do want to RCCL Explorer of the Seas though, 5 night to see how RCCL is, now only if I can talk my dad into go on two Disney Cruises and Explorer of the seas:lmao:

I hate to be spoil sport, but I would not like that ship at all.

I have never cruised, BUT RCCL is the only cruise line I would ever sail besides Disney.

I would much prefer to be on a smaller ship than a massive one like that. I mean the flowrider and putt putt course was cool. But, a zipline? A park? That is just way too over the top for me.

Plus, I would never get my family on a ship that big. We just want a very chill vacation, so I think Disney will be perfect for us!

Well it depends...lol.

This is kind of like saying, we are booked at Pop Music, should we NOT try concierge level at Animal Kingdom Lodge because it will be too much of a hotel for us? ;)

If you like alot of ammenities. If you want to zipline, ride a carousel, watch a water performance, surf the Flowrider, then NO, it's not too much of a ship.

If you don't like ANY of those things, and just want a nice quiet cruise, then there are better ships suited to someone like that. :)

My favorite ships are Freedom class...so for me, Oasis class will be a nice step up. But I still like smaller ships like Wonder, there is a kind of cruise for every taste. :thumbsup2

Oh I certainly don't mind all the planned cool things for the ship:thumbsup2 My concern is that it is too big, too much for us newbies and would be a better cruise ship for seasoned cruisers who need more things to keep them entertained. I am worried about feeling kind of lost on that big ol boat and a more smaller setting may be better suited to us newbies. We are also looking at the Freedom class also. When will the rates be released for the Oasis?

I hate to be spoil sport, but I would not like that ship at all.

I have never cruised, BUT RCCL is the only cruise line I would ever sail besides Disney.

I would much prefer to be on a smaller ship than a massive one like that. I mean the flowrider and putt putt course was cool. But, a zipline? A park? That is just way too over the top for me.

Plus, I would never get my family on a ship that big. We just want a very chill vacation, so I think Disney will be perfect for us!

You're not being a spoil sport. Everyone just has a different idea of a cruise. There is a Radiance class on RCCL that just has glass everywhere - impressive views of the sea. When the kids are no longer begging for an H20 zone, I will be sailing on smaller ships too. ;)

And while I am still young, I WILL be on that zipline. :banana:

Here are the prices for Oasis...

CM, what is the port of origin and itinerary for these cruises? Thanks for any help!

My thoughts are that it might be "too big" for us (too much like a floating downtown Disney), but I'd like to try it once before making any judgment.

(My first impression was BNL's "Axiom" from Disney/PIXAR's movie "WALL*E"!)

CM, what is the port of origin and itinerary for these cruises? Thanks for any help!

My thoughts are that it might be "too big" for us (too much like a floating downtown Disney), but I'd like to try it once before making any judgment.

(My first impression was BNL's "Axiom" from Disney/PIXAR's movie "WALL*E"!)

First cruise is Dec 12, 2009

From December 09 till end of April 2010 - ALL EASTERN Itinerary.

Leaves Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Goes to St. Martin, St. Thomas and Nassau. All ports are DOCKED, not tendered.

Then starting May 2010, the Western Itinerary is added. I am going to assume they aren't doing the western itinerary until the docks are completed. The ports for Western will be Fallsmouth Jamaica (new port), Labadee Haiti (private RCCL beach area) and Cozumel. Once again, leaving from Fort Lauderdale.

The inaugural will probably sell out almost immedialty. The C&A members are trying to jump on it. I am aiming for a later date.

So the Eastern itenerary doesn't do the private island/beach? Our first cruise is the Magic western in 2 months, but I am thinking of trying RCCL for 2010. I am trying to decide if Oasis or Liberty will be a better fit for my family.

So the Eastern itenerary doesn't do the private island/beach? Our first cruise is the Magic western in 2 months, but I am thinking of trying RCCL for 2010. I am trying to decide if Oasis or Liberty will be a better fit for my family.

Nope, Labadee is only on the Western. They have to build the dock yet. So not till after May 2010.

I know Oasis is getting all of the press right now, but you should really try a Freedom class ship (Freedom, Liberty, Independence). The prices for those classes will probably go down as soon as Oasis is released.

Freedom will be going out of Port Canaveral.

Liberty out of Miami.

And *select* winter sailings on Independence will go out of Fort Lauderdale.

Oasis will have the largest fresh water pool on a ship. It will be 17' deep during the day.

Oasis will have the largest fresh water pool on a ship. It will be 17' deep during the day.

A 17 foot deep pool? Sounds hard to comprehend, almost unbelievable.

This ship is just too big. Nuff said......

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter