Oasis Main Dining Room Question

samsteele

DIS Veteran
I'm booked on Oasis (first time) for Jan. I have my time dining booked for 5:15pm-7:15pm. Am I restricted to American Icon Grille (I think it's the only dining level open before 6pm) or can I wait & eat at 6pm in Silk or Grand? I don't have the 6pm traditional dining seating booked at all. Just my time dining. Should I drop my time dining & ask my TA to book the 6pm traditional seating so I can eat in Grand or Silk? I believe it is now the same menu in all 3 dining rooms just different decor. Is American Icon Grille generally less formal/more casual for dress than Silk & Grand? I like to dress for dinner every night so guessing I may be happier in either Grand or Silk? Thanks in advance for any info.

I may be mistaken but I'm pretty sure that Silk and the Grande are only for traditional dining.

I haven't sailed on Oasis specifically but in my experience there isn't any difference in how people dress between MTD and traditional dining. And the dining room for MTD can change. For example last year on IOS, deck 5 was MTD. But from recent reviews it seems as though deck 5 is now traditional and 3 & 4 are MTD.

Are you sure you are on Oasis? These sound like the dining rooms on Anthem or Quantum. Oasis has 150 Park Central, Chops, Gionvanni's, Izumi, Sabor, but no American Icon or Silk

Are you sure you are on Oasis? These sound like the dining rooms on Anthem or Quantum. Oasis has 150 Park Central, Chops, Gionvanni's, Izumi, Sabor, but no American Icon or Silk
Oasis changed the names of the MDR when they were planning on switching to dynamic dining.

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Oasis/14040643_OasisClass_Dining_FAQ.pdf

Q: Will menus stay the same in each restaurant every night? A: The Main Dining Room will continue to offer a different dinner menu each evening until the launch of Dynamic Dining later in the year. When Dynamic Dining goes live on Oasis of the Seas, each restaurant will feature its own distinctive menu and ambiance that remains consistent throughout the sailing. However, guests can certainly experience different selections onthe menu each night. On Oasis Class, American Icon Grill, Silk, and The Grande will feature two menus that rotate midway through the cruise.

Definitely on Oasis. Oasis has all of the above restaurants but also started to get the newer Oasis class main dining room treatment (when it was in dry dock, the 3 levels of the main dining room were redecorated & themed) but then early this Fall, the 3 individual menus were scrapped by Royal Caribbean since it wasn't as popular on the other ships. Leaving Oasis with the 3 uniquely-themed dining levels but 1 shared menu. It is confusing & in flux but I was just curious if there would be any problem with MTD reservations & showing up for Grande & Silk at 6pm. Think I will give it a go & see what happens in January. My TA says no problem & I don't need the 6pm traditional dining reservation. Given how many guests on board Oasis, I'd rather iron out the details in advance rather than take a wait and see approach. Thanks to all for your replies.

The dining on Oasis is not in flux anymore. It was supposed to get Dynamic Dining so that is why the theming in the MDR was changed in drydock to American Icon Grille, Grande, Silk but DD was scrapped before it ever started on Oasis. I was on a sailing just after drydock in 2014 and have been on it twice since and there was definitely never DD - all three always had the same menus. You will have your dining room location on your seapass card. That is the only dining room you will be able to dine in. Honestly, there is really no difference at all between the three on the Oasis, aside from the color of the chairs and the floor # It is still one big MDR with the same rotating menus. Do not stress yourself - you will be happy :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter