• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

NYE At Magic or Epcot Help

hope3702

Mouseketeer
So we go a lot but never during that time...Have reservation for SSR (DVC Member) and just went to buy tickets and NYE is sold out at Magic/Epcot...Plan was to go to one for Midnight but I guess I didn't plan enough to be able to do that...Do I have any options to secure park tickets for that day...Kind of disappointing...

So we go a lot but never during that time...Have reservation for SSR (DVC Member) and just went to buy tickets and NYE is sold out at Magic/Epcot...Plan was to go to one for Midnight but I guess I didn't plan enough to be able to do that...Do I have any options to secure park tickets for that day...Kind of disappointing...
Do you mean park reservations are booked? If so, are there any openings at DHS at AK? You can secure a hopper and just go to MK/Epcot after 2pm if you really want to be there for NYE. It's not ideal but a good workaround.

Do you mean park reservations are booked? If so, are there any openings at DHS at AK? You can secure a hopper and just go to MK/Epcot after 2pm if you really want to be there for NYE. It's not ideal but a good workaround.
Our plan was to do he same as original poster. We wanted to visit Epcot on NYE but sadly tickets sold out this weekend and we were only able to purchase today. I made reservations for Hollywood studios and plan to hop over to Epcot as we did purchase park hoppers. My only issue now, is getting to go GOTG seems slim to non, as we are staying off property. I’m wondering if hopping to a sold out park is even possible/guaranteed? Or will we only have the option to hop over to animal kingdom?

I’d keep the reservations at AK/HS so at least you have something (those will likely book up as well), then keep checking whenever you can to see if EP/MK open up. At least now they’ve added a modify button so no need to cancel before rebooking. People switch reservations around and reschedule trips, so there is hope to catch something. Bookmark the Park Reservation page and stalk like a celery ;) Good luck!

FWIW I‘m hopeful WDW eventually makes changes to keep resort guests from getting shut out of park reservations, because that just doesn’t make sense.

Yeah booked. I understand I can hop at 2 but since it’s NYE I wonder if we will even get in and that is a long day as well. Would rather just go to Epcot in afternoon. Didn’t expect it would be sold out already.

Our plan was to do he same as original poster. We wanted to visit Epcot on NYE but sadly tickets sold out this weekend and we were only able to purchase today. I made reservations for Hollywood studios and plan to hop over to Epcot as we did purchase park hoppers. My only issue now, is getting to go GOTG seems slim to non, as we are staying off property. I’m wondering if hopping to a sold out park is even possible/guaranteed? Or will we only have the option to hop over to animal kingdom?

The only time that park hopping has been suspended post-covid reopening was for a few hours on October 1 2021 for the 50th. Is it possible that Epcot would close to hopping? Yes, but it has yet to happen.

The only time that park hopping has been suspended post-covid reopening was for a few hours on October 1 2021 for the 50th. Is it possible that Epcot would close to hopping? Yes, but it has yet to happen.
That is good info. Appreciate it.

That is good info. Appreciate it.

And I forgot, only hopping to MK was suspended that day.
I don't know what metric Disney is using the decide whether to suspend hopping, but Epcot has the largest capacity, so I think it would take a lot to suspend hopping to it. If I wanted to be in Epcot, I would probably make sure I was at a tapstile as close to 2 PM as possible to make sure I got in before hopping was suspended.

I just booked Epcot NYE as they must have opened up some availability...Just FYI

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter