NYC-area DISers with kids, Need Help

KarenC

DIS Veteran
I am having a hard time figuring out what to get my sister-in-law for Christmas. They live in the East Village and just had their first baby. Their apartment is tiny, so they really don't need more stuff. Baby stuff is giving them enough trouble.

I was thinking of getting them a membership to the Childrens Museum of Manhattan. It has reciprocal privileges to the childrens museum that they are building less than a mile from our house, and to a bunch of others. My brother is museum kind of guy and I think his wife is too (I already got something for my brother).

So has anyone been to this museum. Is it nice? Is it easy to get to? Any feedback is appreciated.

It has been a long time since I went to that childrens museum, I remember not being too impressed with it. I did like the Brooklyn Childrens Museum ( went a couple of years ago). I would wait a year or two before that gift because the baby is just too young to do anything there.

How about a gift certificate to a spa or a restaurant? I know my NYC friend with small children would like that.

How about a membership for the Wildlife Conservation Society? It's good for a year and allows you entrance to all zoos and aquariums in each boro.
I've been taking my son to the zoo since he was about 4 months old and he loves it there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest