NYC accomodation for family of 5??

Nicsjtp

Earning My Ears
Just wondering if anyone knows of any cheaper hotels that will accomodate our family of 5? most of the occupancy limits are 4 HOWEVER our family will be 2 adults and 2 children (8 and 6) and a baby - well technically she will be 2 at time of travel but still in a portacot so does not need a bed as such? We really wanted to stay in an ihg hotel (holiday inns, crowne plaza, intercontinental, hotel indigo, staybridge suites) as DH has considerable reward points that will pretty much cover our NY stay.. but I just cant find this info out - called their reservations nummber last night but they were appalling - actually couldnt answer any of my questions! I managed to get an emaill address for one of the hotels directly but just wondering if anyone knows the rules in NY in terms of occupancy? I would have thought they were the same as WDW - as in if the baby sleeps in a portacot it isnt counted towards room occupancy??

Thanks for that site - didnt know it existed! None of the IHG hotels are on there.... its probably an individual hotel thing.... guess Im going to have to contact those that we would stay in and see what their answer is?? I know many people that just dont tell them - so wondering if that may be an option for us?? If I do all the checking in? and DH follows with baby ?? Or vice versa.... I know they say they are strict in terms of fire codes - but I would have thought that was for ALL of USA - not just New York...

We are staying at Doubletree Guest Suites Times Square and they allow 5 in a room as they are suites. You can book two queens and a sofa bed, so technically they sleep 6 :thumbsup2 It's a 3.5star I believe but it looks really nice and is in a fantastic spot. Although I haven't stayed there yet but this time in 6 weeks we will be there :yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay: So I will be able to fill you in then :thumbsup2

We stayed at the HotelBeacon - http://www.beaconhotel.com/, in a two bedroom suite - one room had two doubles, the other had a kitchenette and a pull out sofa.

It is on the Upper West Side, near the Natural History Museum and Central Park. We liked the location, and would definitly stay here again.

The affinia chain all have suites that sleep 5 as well.
Novotel Times Square also can fit 5 in a room. But you have to email them directly, don't bother calling the call centre they don't have a clue. That's where we're staying in Dec

Some others that sleep 5 include(I've emailed them and they've confirmed):
Hotel Belleclaire
Residence Inn by MArriot TImes Square
Buckingham Hotel
Kimberly Hotel
Courtyard Marriot Manhattan/Midtown East

Hope that helps! We are a family of 5 as well...

We are staying at Doubletree Guest Suites Times Square and they allow 5 in a room as they are suites. You can book two queens and a sofa bed, so technically they sleep 6 :thumbsup2 It's a 3.5star I believe but it looks really nice and is in a fantastic spot. Although I haven't stayed there yet but this time in 6 weeks we will be there :yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay: So I will be able to fill you in then :thumbsup2

Hi Aussie Travellers

We are travelling next year and will be 4 Adults and 2 Children. Would love to hear your thoughts on the Guest Suites on your return. Have a wonderful trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter