Numbers for Brother Bear

Yeah, I just noticed that limited release was 2 screens. I wonder if that is accurate. If the $145,970 take per screen is accurate that is rather impressive.

Kidds-

Let's wait to see what happens...there's just too much competition, the movie is opening late in the weekend (why not on Friday?) and quite frankly I haven't heard the buzz about the film in the manner that Nemo or Lilo had.

Thanks guys, I thought maybe that had to be the case. I figured that it couldn't have been the official release, but I didn't see anywhere about the two theaters. That makes more sense.

HB - I agree we need to take a wait and see attitude. I don't think that $145k per screen means much in the general scheme of things.

I apologize.

I meant to ask for numbers for wide release, coming up this weekend.

However, since HBK2 guessed $9 million, I guess technically he wins. We'll need some kind of exchange prize.

Got it.

HB2K wins an exclusive Mission:Space travel pack, complete with personalized airplane-style projectile pouch, a/k/a "barf bag."

$65-80 mill

I really think this thing will flop.

[edit]Changed total[/edit]

Originally posted by HB2K
Let's wait to see what happens...there's just too much competition, the movie is opening late in the weekend (why not on Friday?)

Gee, I don't know...maybe because a significant portion of their market will be out trick or treating?

I am surprised you haven't issued some complaint that Disney tied the opening to Halloween just to sell more Nightmare Before Christmas snow globes.

I am surprised you haven't issued some complaint that Disney tied the opening to Halloween just to sell more Nightmare Before Christmas snow globes.

Ah....who's "flaming" who now? At least mine was a response to someone....you're was un-provoked.

Originally posted by HB2K
Ah....who's "flaming" who now? At least mine was a response to someone....you're was un-provoked.

unprovoked....uh, yeah, right...

moving on

unprovoked....uh, yeah, right...

moving on

Uhmmmm did I miss something here? Please quote me on this thread where I provoked you....my posts have been a simple numbers prediction and a response to kidds...

so please quote me where you were provoked?

EDIT: OK I just double checked and saw nothing (but I did see a lot of rose colored glasses comments...how about going after them J?).

There's trouble. I know it's out of the Mouse's hands, but the weekend weather looking OUTSTANDING (near 70) here in the Northeast. Along with trick or treating, the movie viewership might be impacted.

Of course, I'll drag my kids there.
So I predict at least $30 dollars (2 adult tickets and 2 child tickets)

At Yahoo, 8 critics give it a c+ while 308 viewer responses give it an A-...Ah, who to believe...pirate:

Pirate-

It depends on what you're trying to find out.

If one is trying to find out if you should see the movie, critics & reviews never help me because liking or disliking a movie is so personal. Heck someone here (excuse me for not remembering who) LOVED Sinbad while it basically got trashed in the reviews I remember...

AND...

if one is trying to determine whether the movie is going to be a success or not, ratings aren't the end all be all. It's just conjecture at this point anyway...

So I guess time will tell!

It's all the way up ;) to 40% on rottentomatoes.com (better than the 28% it was lingering at for a while).

I agree with the Who that the good weather on the East Coast (and last I checked in Chicago and such as well) will hurt things. Cold, wet weather would definitely send us with our 3yo straight to the mall. As it is, we'll be taking him somewhere outside to run off energy.

How about those guesses!

I was way off on the opening weekend, but was much closer on the total take....

It's done and official. Box office mojo says a take by Dec 31 of $82 million dollars so that means:

The winner of a year's supply of Mickey headed butter:

Handblown Rose Colored glasses to: BobO

AV & Scoop's new Cali screenplay goes to : DK

The poor sap who is forced to spend two weeks at Poop Century is....HB2K (enjoy your visit, HB)

The luckier sap who only has to spend one week there is....Arnyvee

Mikey's first billion dollar autograph was won by....Crusader

Superbowl ticket to...KillerFish

And the winner of this year's contest is....GCurling with a guess of $85m. Enjoy your LandBaron's Encyclopedia of Walt's Standard in a Nutshell.

Congratulations to all the winners, thanks to all the participants for playing, and big thanks goes to Cou$in Mikey for sheparding yet another Disney treasure through the pipeline of animated classics he has developed. This stunning box office take is right up there with the Jungle Book2:Electric Baloogaloo, and Milo's Revenge. Sleep well, Mikey, knowing you are the caretaker of a the glorious Disney animated heritage.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter