Now Bring Me That Horizon ~ It Begins P115

So let's talk about the first day, shall we?

Just what do pirates eat?

Short answer? Whatever they want! :lmao:

Long answer: Well, dearies, this list of ADRs was pretty much in my head ever since we got home from our trip in September. I knew what I wanted to repeat, what didn't need to be revisited, and also that there needed to be something new.

Now there are lots and lots of things I would love to fit into this trip. But it's six days. And for half the time, we're going to be a party of seven. So with that in mind, I tried to pick some favorites, and again, something new.

So let's just focus on the first day for now.

Which really isn't very exciting. Because basically, in good old TK fashion my plans are to get there.

That's pretty much it. Maybe we'll go to the Magic Kingdom and get my most favoritest hot dog in the World and the world. Maybe we'll go to Downtown and have :::shock, gasp::: ice cream for dinner again. It really just depends on my little nut. On the time of our flight, the time we weigh anchor at the Pop Century, whether or not the room is ready, all that good stuff.

But this is one of the things I put my foot down about.

We WILL NOT make a reservation for the first day.

I hate that. Abhor it. Detest it even. And although that's standard for Mom and Nana, I'm putting my foot down. We're not gonna do it, wouldn't be prudent. I loved in September when we got to our hotel. Checked in. Unpacked in a leisurely fashion and then decided what to do with ourselves. That was heaven. Pure, sweet heaven.

So that's day one folks.

I promise, the ADRs are coming. pirate:

Just being in the "world" is kinda like heaven. ::yes:: we have ressies our first day, for the first time. We don't normally do that but we had so much fun last time we decided to try to do the exact same thing, only with ressies at CJ's this time rather that just waiting in line. :banana: If we have to wait too long there is a nice little margarita stand close by. :rolleyes1

Just being in the "world" is kinda like heaven. ::yes:: we have ressies our first day, for the first time. We don't normally do that but we had so much fun last time we decided to try to do the exact same thing, only with ressies at CJ's this time rather that just waiting in line. :banana: If we have to wait too long there is a nice little margarita stand close by. :rolleyes1

Well, I'm certainly not opposed to a place with a margarita stand near by! :lmao:

We've spent a lot of our Disney trips always having a ressie the first day. But I loved not having to be somewhere specific. I know my son will be about four and a half by the time we go, so he'll be older and maybe able to handle more, but in case he needs some down time, and to not feel rushed, we're just going to wing it. Heck...maybe we'll spend the night at Pop just enjoying the resort! :goodvibes

Well, I'm certainly not opposed to a place with a margarita stand near by! :lmao:

We've spent a lot of our Disney trips always having a ressie the first day. But I loved not having to be somewhere specific. I know my son will be about four and a half by the time we go, so he'll be older and maybe able to handle more, but in case he needs some down time, and to not feel rushed, we're just going to wing it. Heck...maybe we'll spend the night at Pop just enjoying the resort! :goodvibes

With a 4 1/2 y/o that is probably a GREAT idea. I do have the Disney Dining number in my phone incase something were to change. But it was so much fun last year that is why we made ressies for this trip. At the same time we might get some shopping done while at DTD. If not, we can stay at the resort (BWV) and walk to Epcot to get a grey goose slushie. :banana:

With a 4 1/2 y/o that is probably a GREAT idea. I do have the Disney Dining number in my phone incase something were to change. But it was so much fun last year that is why we made ressies for this trip. At the same time we might get some shopping done while at DTD. If not, we can stay at the resort (BWV) and walk to Epcot to get a grey goose slushie. :banana:

Very nice! I have the number programmed in too, just in case. You never know. My mother actually said she'd love to go to Downtown the first night and get our shopping out of the way. Ha ha ha. Like that will prevent us from shopping on the rest of the trip. We both know we're fooling ourselves, but we like to enjoy the illusion.

OK, I know you have 8 months to drag this out... but, seriously, you are killing me! :crazy2:

Sorry. When I started writing that, to throw everyone a bone, I realized, uh oh. There aren't any ADRs on day one. They're going to mutiniy. :lmao:

Very nice! I have the number programmed in too, just in case. You never know. My mother actually said she'd love to go to Downtown the first night and get our shopping out of the way. Ha ha ha. Like that will prevent us from shopping on the rest of the trip. We both know we're fooling ourselves, but we like to enjoy the illusion.

I'm not crazy about shopping but for some reason shopping at Disney aint as bad. If I get tired I can always go sample a margarita or sumthin' while DW shops. :banana:

I'm not crazy about shopping but for some reason shopping at Disney aint as bad. If I get tired I can always go sample a margarita or sumthin' while DW shops. :banana:

Like I said, nothing wrong with a margarita! Am I read that right? Did you say DW? Do I have a male reader? WOW! I think you're the first. That deserves a special prize of some sort. Unfortunately, I'm used to offering up photos of Jack Sparrow as prizes, and that may not work for you. :lmao:

I never make ADRs for that first day either -- well, except last year when we made one for Boma for dinner -- but that was a fluke since we were driving down a day early. Normally, we head to a park and eat counter service and revel in just being there. So, to sum up my verbose post, your first day plans sound fabulous! :thumbsup2

Like I said, nothing wrong with a margarita! Am I read that right? Did you say DW? Do I have a male reader? WOW! I think you're the first. That deserves a special prize of some sort. Unfortunately, I'm used to offering up photos of Jack Sparrow as prizes, and that may not work for you. :lmao:

Yup I am of the male species. I likee prizes too. :banana: don't care too much for Jack Sparrow, although I did kinda dress as a pirate last year. I'd settle for a princess.......say Jasmin maybe. just sayin' :rolleyes1 I know she might not be a princess but she is in the castle with the rest of the princesses. :banana:

Love your day one plans. Taking it nice and easy and going with the flow. :cloud9: And I HIGHLY recommend that margarita stand at Downtown Disney... :rolleyes1

I never make ADRs for that first day either -- well, except last year when we made one for Boma for dinner -- but that was a fluke since we were driving down a day early. Normally, we head to a park and eat counter service and revel in just being there. So, to sum up my verbose post, your first day plans sound fabulous! :thumbsup2

Verbose is fine by me! You know I love the written word. We're very similar, I love getting to a park (Magic Kingdom), having counter service (hot dog from Casey's), and just soaking in the atmosphere (Main Street.) ;)

Yup I am of the male species. I likee prizes too. :banana: don't care too much for Jack Sparrow, although I did kinda dress as a pirate last year. I'd settle for a princess.......say Jasmin maybe. just sayin' :rolleyes1 I know she might not be a princess but she is in the castle with the rest of the princesses. :banana:

Ask, and you shall receive.

jasmine.jpg

Love your day one plans. Taking it nice and easy and going with the flow. :cloud9:

That's my idea of vacation, period. :thumbsup2

And I HIGHLY recommend that margarita stand at Downtown Disney... :rolleyes1

Speaking from personal experience, are we? ;)

So let's talk about the first day, shall we?

Just what do pirates eat?

Short answer? Whatever they want! :lmao:

Long answer: Well, dearies, this list of ADRs was pretty much in my head ever since we got home from our trip in September. I knew what I wanted to repeat, what didn't need to be revisited, and also that there needed to be something new.

Now there are lots and lots of things I would love to fit into this trip. But it's six days. And for half the time, we're going to be a party of seven. So with that in mind, I tried to pick some favorites, and again, something new.

So let's just focus on the first day for now.

Which really isn't very exciting. Because basically, in good old TK fashion my plans are to get there.

That's pretty much it. Maybe we'll go to the Magic Kingdom and get my most favoritest hot dog in the World and the world. Maybe we'll go to Downtown and have :::shock, gasp::: ice cream for dinner again. It really just depends on my little nut. On the time of our flight, the time we weigh anchor at the Pop Century, whether or not the room is ready, all that good stuff.

But this is one of the things I put my foot down about.

We WILL NOT make a reservation for the first day.

I hate that. Abhor it. Detest it even. And although that's standard for Mom and Nana, I'm putting my foot down. We're not gonna do it, wouldn't be prudent. I loved in September when we got to our hotel. Checked in. Unpacked in a leisurely fashion and then decided what to do with ourselves. That was heaven. Pure, sweet heaven.

So that's day one folks.

I promise, the ADRs are coming. pirate:

You are so funny! I do believe you are so right, too...in fact, I will probably take your advice for our next trip!

But you basically. Wrote. About. Nothing. :)

First day....We are doing nothing.

And it so makes me laugh! :) :) :) :)

I 2nd, 3rd, & 4th that recommendation. :banana:

You know, honestly, I've never had a margarita from that stand. Perhaps I'll have to take the hint and get one this time around! :goodvibes

Thank you. :cloud9:

You are quite welcome. And I always considered Jasmine to be a princess since she's the daughter of a sultan. :thumbsup2

But you basically. Wrote. About. Nothing. :)

First day....We are doing nothing.

And it so makes me laugh! :) :) :) :)

DANG! They're on to me. :rolleyes1

Alright, little minions...

ahem. I mean, pirates. ;)

Before you all mutiny, hit unsubscribe, and leave me with absolutely no crew, I'm going to throw you a little bone. A nice juicy one. Like they try to offer the dog at the end of the POTC ride. You know? The little dog that shakes his head, holding the keys, "that dog is never going to move." That one.

I think you'd all like that at this point.

Now Day Two and Day Three happen to be sort of interchangeable. And actually related because I've been debating something of sorts in regard to this trip. See, being budget savvy and wanting to par down compared to last year, we all decided to stay at Pop. Decided to book within our means. The hordes are getting low, see?

But there's something that I've been thinking about tacking on to our package that would really just make me feel better. Give me peace of mind. Help me to know what I want when I look at the spinny compass that doesn't point north, eh?

And that's park hoppers. Right now we have a base ticket. I haven't called yet to upgrade, but I plan to, and mostly, because of Food and Wine Festival. I'm fairly certain that I could plan this trip without hoppers. I could easily stick to one park per day, as a matter of fact, I sort of enjoyed that last time. But last time, we were there for 8 days. This time, 6. Giving all the things that could possibly go wrong (weather, yadda, yadda) I think adding on the hoppers would behoove us.

Well, that and there's Food and Wine Festival.

I mean, you know I'm going to be running over to Epcot a lot, right? I mean there's food. And wine.

I'm a pirate. I'm sure there's rum somewhere too. That'll about do it.

ANYWAY!

Day two. I don't know where we'll start the morning. I'm sure you're all LOVIN' me right now. Since we're going to be hopping, we could really go anyway. I've got a couple of different scenarios in mind.

1. If we go to Downtown our arrival night, then this morning, head to the Magic Kingdom. If we're up early enough, try to hit Fantasyland, maybe have Casey's for lunch.

2. If we've gone to the Magic Kingdom on arrival night, either head to DHS or Epcot. Easy to hop back and forth between by taking the lovely boat...er ship... over by the International Gateway, savvy?

And what's for certain, dear friends, is that we'll end our evening at the...

Coral Reef.

Yup. Call me unreliable...call me irresponsible...

Well, I guess we should really change those lyrics, huh?

Call me predictable. Totally and utterly predictable. Because, yes, we did eat there for dinner on our first full day last September. And yes, we do love it there. I'm amenable to the mahi mahi, the yummy drinks, and the key lime tart. NOM! And DS does soooooooooo well here, because of the distraction of the aquariam. It's just a cool place to eat, and I'm looking forward to having a nice time there. Most likely at this point, it'll be myself, DH, DS, Mom and FIL. I think Dad and Nana will be arriving later, towards the weekend.

So there you go, min...I mean pirates. An ADR!!!

Happy? pirate:

I have been thinking of eating at Coral Reef too. My dd would love the fish tank. The aquarium is her favorite place at the zoo. I am torn between Coral Reef and Le Cellier. My dh was born raised in Montreal so I think he would love it there but is it really child friendly? What do you think?

Great update TK!!! I'm loving the flexibility ( I wasn't that flexible this trip, I hope to change that with future endevarors LOL)

Hmmmm I love the idea of hotdogs....seafood...not so much LOL!!! I would dine at Coral Reef just because I love aquariums. I'm a Kansas born and raised girl who has been forced to live in places known for great seafood (Alaska now Florida) and I don't enjoy it!! Shrimp is about it....oh wait I'm totally rambling here and you might make me walk the plank or something like that LOL

I'm so excited that you will be able to enjoy your birthday at Disney!! No matter what age it is, you are going to have such a great time with Family!!! Now post more...I need more...of course if you posted more I actually in all honesty wouldn't get to read it until I returned from my trip...so maybe you wait (UhOh ...being a LIbra is kicking in...means I must say goodbye!!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter