November park hours updated

This...so our PPO BOG reservations are no longer PPO, no longer before rope drop. The sleep I lost getting that ADR at 180 days, and now it won't be the benefit it was intended to be--Eat then ready for rope drop. My Touringplans will be off. My FP will be off. This is my first time doing this whole thing, and all that planning is gonna have to be re-configured? That is very frustrating and the opposite of magical. Am I not understanding something?

Unfortunately you're understanding perfectly. It is VERY frustrating and not magical.
If I were you, I'd cancel that reservation. It will take up too much prime touring time.

Unfortunately you're understanding perfectly. It is VERY frustrating and not magical.
If I were you, I'd cancel that reservation. It will take up too much prime touring time.
I'm not all the way there yet...My BOG PPO is for 12/19, and they have not yet extended those hours. But if I'm understanding these threads, it's just a matter of time before they do extended those hours. I'm really frustrated with just the idea of it, and all the people who already are frustrated.

I have another PPO ADR at Garden Grill on 12/17...is it going to be the same problem? I can't really change that one, it's my Candlelight package breakfast.

But what's the recommendation if it happens for BOG...drop that reservation and just eat on the fly? I actually am out of TS credits, so it's all QS for that day anyway. The planning, the sleepless nights...scoring the ADR, the high...only to crash and burn 60 days out. Sigh.

Someone ate the page, so I can't check for our trip! I had a very frustrating time trying to plan this November trip with Christmas parties and late ROL release times and Christmas special filming... We've shuffled things as much as we can, we are just going to have to go for it! It will be wonderful no matter what. That's what I keep saying to myself anyway.

Someone ate the page, so I can't check for our trip! I had a very frustrating time trying to plan this November trip with Christmas parties and late ROL release times and Christmas special filming... We've shuffled things as much as we can, we are just going to have to go for it! It will be wonderful no matter what. That's what I keep saying to myself anyway.
Keep up the positive attitude, lol, that's what I keep saying. But it's getting harder to do. When they changed the park hours for our last day, (a day I added at rack rate) I totally missed up our fps selections. Maybe it will be the best trip ever, sure have spent a lot of time planning.

I’m really glad the hours were updated. We’re only doing one regular disney park day this trip so more time is great. Unfortunately I didn’t snag a morning FP for mine train but I’ll take what I can get with a 10pm one! I think we may still rope drop it so we can experience it during daytime and nighttime, not sure though.

I’m really glad the hours were updated. We’re only doing one regular disney park day this trip so more time is great. Unfortunately I didn’t snag a morning FP for mine train but I’ll take what I can get with a 10pm one! I think we may still rope drop it so we can experience it during daytime and nighttime, not sure though.
We had a daytime one before and the ride went down so we ended up going on it at night. It was really cool because everything was lit up in fantasyland. We have a 10pm FP for it, too.

I'm not all the way there yet...My BOG PPO is for 12/19, and they have not yet extended those hours. But if I'm understanding these threads, it's just a matter of time before they do extended those hours. I'm really frustrated with just the idea of it, and all the people who already are frustrated.

I have another PPO ADR at Garden Grill on 12/17...is it going to be the same problem? I can't really change that one, it's my Candlelight package breakfast.

But what's the recommendation if it happens for BOG...drop that reservation and just eat on the fly? I actually am out of TS credits, so it's all QS for that day anyway. The planning, the sleepless nights...scoring the ADR, the high...only to crash and burn 60 days out. Sigh.

They don't usually add Epcot morning hours (as far as I know), so your Garden Grill should be safe.

For your BOG, you could keep an eye out for a later breakfast or lunch if you really want to eat there. I've done a later BF at Crystal Palace (around 1030) when I could not get a PPO or when the hours changed once and it worked out great. We rode lots of rides first thing, had a late BF, and then started our FPs.

Not sure that would work for your plans, but just a thought. I hope it all works out and you have a great time!

I scored an evening SDMT too. Thought it was weird that it popped up since only the morning hours were extended...but I'll take it!

Someone who had an evening FP was able to modify it to a morning FP with the morning hours extended, freeing up the evening one for you!

We had a daytime one before and the ride went down so we ended up going on it at night. It was really cool because everything was lit up in fantasyland. We have a 10pm FP for it, too.

Last September we had a daytime FP for 7DMT and it was super fun, but I was determined to ride it in the dark. I had to refresh MDE about 200 times, but I got a nighttime FP for DH and I. It was awesome!

Does anyone know when to anticipate the hours changing for the rest of December, or the rest of the days leading up to Christmas? Or the best thread to follow to get alerted?

Did you ever find an answer to your question? I am wondering this too.

When we went 2 yrs ago the week leading into Christmas(12/19-12/24), they ended up opening MK at 7 am everyday, which I was not anticipating(happened right before unless I missed it earlier) , and we were luckily able to change PPO at CP to late brft while there, as that is a must-do for us, so did not want to cancel. I would anticipate it being a good possibility, and come up with Plan B - hopefully you will know sooner than I did! I would just keep checking New Posts on here daily- that is how I saw this thread about our Nov. hrs being extended last week.

Didn't read all the replies....but there is hardly any EMH nights for our trip 11/1 to 11/11--which is very unusual, compared to our previous trips?

Nope lol. I just keep checking every weekday morning hoping for something. I would imagine it will prob be next month at the earliest though.

So I have an 8:05 CP reservation on a now opening 8a MK day. we want the breakfast because we like it. But, how early do you think they will let us in to try to get the castle photo with not tons of people in it? would they do 7:30 or has that ship now sailed due to the new show being inside?

So I have an 8:05 CP reservation on a now opening 8a MK day. we want the breakfast because we like it. But, how early do you think they will let us in to try to get the castle photo with not tons of people in it? would they do 7:30 or has that ship now sailed due to the new show being inside?
I've been told 7:45 is the usual time. But it doesn't really make sense if they are letting everyone one main street 30 minutes before park opens?

I've been told 7:45 is the usual time. But it doesn't really make sense if they are letting everyone one main street 30 minutes before park opens?

They don't automatically do that.

Only on days when MK's "regular hours" open time is 9:00AM (including days with 8AM EMH) do they let guests onto Main St. about an hour early (8:00AM.)

On days when MK's "regular hours" open time is 8:00AM (including days with 7AM EMH,) they let guests onto Main St. about 10-15 min. early.

On days when MK's "regular hours" open time is 8:00AM (including days with 7AM EMH,) they let guests onto Main St. about 10-15 min. early. You will not be "alone" at the castle.

Does anyone know when to anticipate the hours changing for the rest of December, or the rest of the days leading up to Christmas?

Figure sometime between 15-45 days in advance of the dates in question.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter