November 2021

@Sjm9911 why no Xmas decorations? in Nov you will see both Halloween and Xmas at the fort if you play it right.
Because I though they will start the Christmas stuff later this year, on like the 12th. I dont want to be the only one with stuff up. But in reality who cares , i know. But i am starting to pack, and will see what i got.

I bet you will be surprised how much is up. you will also be there for the wine and dine race If you are there through nov 7. I am sure you want to run 😂. Enjoy though.

I bet you will be surprised how much is up. you will also be there for the wine and dine race If you are there through nov 7. I am sure you want to run 😂. Enjoy though.
I would want to, but my knees say otherwise. Ok, my knees and my body who am i kidding. Im more of a walk fast with a purpose type of guy.

Ok, so , now we might do half and half for decorations. So, half will be halloween with jack skeleton leading the way, and on the other side x -mass stuff. I figure this way it makes sense in my mind. I need a story, even if no one else but me sees it. We will be going light on the decore. But i will see what i can do.

Ok, since the decoration thing goes with the thread. And its kinda anything in november for camers. Since im in between chritmass and halloween, and I like the half and half idea. I will be doing this, the big plan. Lol
So one side of the driveway will be halloween, and the other side Christmas. My camper in the driveway, so stuck in the middle of them both. My daughter said i couldn't do this without the doors for jack skelloton to get to the other side. So each side will have its door leading to the other. Like in the movie. So far roughly done, needs painting still......20210929_154523.jpg
Should work out ok. Just hope people get it.

Was just able to book the week of Thanskgiving yesterday, after trying for 5 months. Looks like some sites have opened up for the weekend before and the week of, first time I've seen it in a long time.

Already have next year booked but was super excited to be able to get this year as well (we have a new fifth wheel we got back in March and already have been to the Fort 4 times and have 5 trips planned for next year but Thanksgiving was the biggie we were trying to get).

Was just able to book the week of Thanskgiving yesterday, after trying for 5 months. Looks like some sites have opened up for the weekend before and the week of, first time I've seen it in a long time.

Already have next year booked but was super excited to be able to get this year as well (we have a new fifth wheel we got back in March and already have been to the Fort 4 times and have 5 trips planned for next year but Thanksgiving was the biggie we were trying to get).

I commented in another thread about how groups sign contracts to block out many sites (besides onesy-twosy cancellations that show up as available). I had experience with our group DISMeet which was still held although the pandemic really limited the number of people who could come.

That's relevant here because standard language in group contracts blocks out inventory BEFORE the public can start booking. (Groups like to come during Halloween/Tgiving/Christmas). But in the standard contract language there is a clause that allows for the release of unbooked sites by a group:

- before the 500 day window starts for a contract, sign contract to commit to a number of sites. Those sites are taken out of inventory before the public can book sites online/phone.
- inside 500 days until 60-90 days, group members book up their sites up to the limit on the contract and general public books whatever else is left to book.
- at a point 60-90 days before arrival/start of contract dates, unbooked group sites need to either be RELEASED INTO GENERAL INVENTORY or pay financial penalties (if they never get booked/filled and sit empty).
- If it's only a few group sites left, the group could hold onto them and they probably get filled through a variety of means
- but if some sites are given back to General Inventory, you (as a member of the general public) see them as "all of a sudden" available and grab them
- like you did

But it doesn't really matter how the site became available. All that does matter is that it did, you were looking for it, and booked it. That's why we keep encouraging people to keep checking even when there is no availability currently.

You're proof that persistence pays off.

Bama Ed

PS - nice to have you posting on the DIS Camping Board again, Chris.

Last edited:
I commented in another thread about how groups sign contracts to block out many sites (besides onesy-twosy cancellations that show up as available). I had experience with our group DISMeet which was still held although the pandemic really limited the number of people who could come.

That's relevant here because standard language in group contracts blocks out inventory BEFORE the public can start booking. (Groups like to come during Halloween/Tgiving/Christmas). But in the standard contract language there is a clause that allows for the release of unbooked sites by a group:

- before the 500 day window starts for a contract, sign contract to commit to a number of sites. Those sites are taken out of inventory before the public can book sites online/phone.
- inside 500 days until 60-90 days, group members book up their sites up to the limit on the contract and general public books whatever else is left to book.
- at a point 60-90 days before arrival/start of contract dates, unbooked group sites need to either be RELEASED INTO GENERAL INVENTORY or pay financial penalties (if they never get booked/filled and sit empty).
- If it's only a few group sites left, the group could hold onto them and they probably get filled through a variety of means
- but if some sites are given back to General Inventory, you (as a member of the general public) see them as "all of a sudden" available and grab them
- like you did

But it doesn't really matter how the site became available. All that does matter is that it did, you were looking for it, and booked it. That's why we keep encouraging people to keep checking even when there is no availability currently.

You're proof that persistence pays off.

Bama Ed

PS - nice to have you posting on the DIS Camping Board again, Chris.

Ahh very good information here, that makes perfect sense why there has been a sudden increase in availability in late November through early December.

And thanks Ed, I still checked in every once in a blue moon and it's good to see the DIS camping forum still going strong. I think the last time I posted was like 12 years ago!

Been coming back much more recently as we bought a fifth wheel and just got the Sorceror pass as well so looking for more and more info. I see your posts all the time and you have become the in house knowledge guru for the Fort, amazing job you do!

Ok, so just packed most of my decorations. Cleared out most of the extra floats and rafts to make room. Jamed the stuff in prety good. So im mostly out of room for stuff. Now i can not find my modification for my propane fire pit, so I need to source paint and build another screen for my pit. This will make it enclosed, and compliant with disney rules. Last time i build it, and for early november it was 95 out, so it wasnt used. Hopefully will be slightly cooler this year, but who knows. I rather have it and not use it, then want it and not have it.

On another note, I havent seen genie go live yet. So the longer i have to wait for that the more I feel like the inaugural guinea pig. Getting closer. 4 weeks left untill i leave.

Ok, fire pit is done, in case anyone wants to copy it. I stripped the top of the propane fire pit 3 years ago and painted with 2 coats of heat proof paint. Then i got hard chicken wire, cut to fit the inside of the fire pit. Remove the lava rocks and put the wire inside the firepit. Add lava rocks. Top with lid. The lid is solid, and the sides are now enclosed. So spark arrestor in place and top to prevent open flames. Done. I tested it 3 years ago on high , this also cured the paint on the lid. Works as designed. And its sturdy as long as you get the strong chicken wire. This wire isnt set in all the way, just for idea purposes only. 20211004_135209.jpg

20211004_135209-jpg.610085

No. Just .......... no.

giphy.gif

Dude :sad2: ....

PS - we gave you over 24 hrs ......

Last edited:
Come on look at the post times, best i could manage in an hour and 2 seconds. Lol. Been at work since then. And still here now. :worried:

Come on look at the post times, best i could manage in an hour and 2 seconds. Lol. Been at work since then. And still here now. :worried:

I'm sorry Assistant Chief.

Post #51 (your sideways pic) has a time stamp in my time zone of "Yesterday at 105pm".

Post #52 (my puppy gif) has a time stamp in my time zone of "Today at 648pm".

You need to finish your shift and drive on down to Florida next month.

Ed

Ed , i want to show you how the devorations came out, that was the rest of my free time. I know sideways photos, unfortunately sometimes with genius comes faults. Mine is posting photos to th disboard. I will give you a sneak peek......but you will need to read the teip report when i do it for the whole experiance. 20211007_183734.jpg

You'll be there in less than a month, Sjm9911. I can't wait to devour every post of your report. Ed

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter