November 2021

Sjm9911

DIS Veteran
Just starting this off, as pre planning and advice for anyone going. Since we still dont know about, dining , fast passes ,masks etc. I thought i would put this up for anyone, myself included, if anything has changed. So, anyone else in for ca.ping at the fort in november? Im booked the 2nd to the 12th. So far, booked my tickets for the parks and the park days. This is in case they reach capacity. Who knows if they will open it up more by this time next year.

I plan, as i did last year, to not spend much time eating at the parks. Diners and breakfast at the fort, and sandwiches to take to the parks. Hopefully this will avoid some of the limitations on resturants etc. I will let my daughter pick a few places to go and eat. We will have to see what dining looks like down the line. I do hope the hoop de do is open by this time next year!

Yea, i know a lot of this is useless information, as we have no clue what the future holds, but i need to plan......lol.....

We are in the same boat as you, no clue right now, booked 11-2 to 11-18, have our park days and GC reserved, hoping park hopper and dining are back to normal, I too need to plan, I have all my CG's reserved for the drive down and back. We're retired now so we are taking our time (4 day drive as opposed to 3 day)

You know what, i should book the trip down and back also. I usally wait, but dont want to get shut out , that would suck!

Yup. Im on ot now , lol. Just trying to decide if we should stay at Jacksonville north koa on the last day or go a little closer to the fort. And if anyone knows of a nice place that is a bit closer let me know please. :-)

Resorts in the Sun in Mims is nice, but it means coming over 528 which is a toll road. Nice part is coming this way on 95 when you hit I4 you are the only ones left on the road. You can take 528 to I4 and come in or it ties in to 417 which is also toll but not sure where that comes out. There was an exit said Disney and put you on to 417, we passed it and went to I4 as I have traveled that route before.

Ok, i dont mind the tolls as long as i avoid going through the city again. Last year the 3 hour drive took 6 from Jacksonville koa. And it was not a fun experiance with the constrution. Ty.

Ok, so i didn't think this out properly. Lol. Cant get a 1 night stay on halloween. Or a 2 night stay. Might have to hit up a hotel or a wallmart!

Ok got it done! They let me book one night when o called. The place is ok, just a transit koa on the way down. Last trip was only 4 rvs there , lol. So were all good!

I have reservations for the week after Thanksgiving (missed the week by calling a day after they opened the reservations) can't really plan anything right now.
It will be all 4 kids a daughter in love and a granddaughter. We aren't going to the parks every day, just looking at seeing Mickey and a few rides and hopefully not too big a crowd. Kids want to do horseback ride one day.
I think the plan is Hubby and the son who drives truck will drive the camper down and the rest of us will fly and use express to get to the Fort.

Ok getting closer, 10 months out! Usually i would be looking at park plans, marking things i want to see down, studying the map to get around the fastest way. And looking for what i needed fastpass wise to complete my plans. Now , i do nothing :oops: im still going, and will have fun! Just not the same for someone who last time had a time line that if you missed a goal , you moved on so it wouldn't push the scedual back. This will be a more relaxed trip, even if the uncertainty adds to the anxiety of it........couting down.......

My wife and I were kicking around the idea of a August trip but we dunno with all the travel restrictions. I just got an "upgrade" at work which is going to require more travel for service work. However I think one of the trade shows is in Orlando around that time. If that show still goes off. Who knows.

BTW, Florida toll roads use Sun pass. Easy to use app on the phone makes reloading on the fly a breeze. We have one from our 2017 trip to Disney.

Just a bump for anyone else seeing this. I saw a thread a bit back that there testing fireworks.

And Dont forget the disboard signs! Lol. If anyone is around during my trip i will try and stop in and say hi. Still hopeing that the hoop de do will open up in time for the trip. I'm working on some decorations ideas now...........now jusy have to wait untill the snow melts off the camper so i can do the brakes and some other maintenance before camping season opens!

We are booked from Nov. 2 - Nov. 12/21. Have not made any park reservations yet, going to a conference so not sure of times, etc. Our APs expire in June, hoping to have a better idea before that time on travel between Canada and USA.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter