Official November 2021!

My wife, son, father-in-law, and sister-in-law are headed for WDW the week before Thanksgiving.

My boy will be 4. I expect it to be an amazing trip. All I want is to find some good seats for fireworks. I'll buy a dessert party if it requires. I know Disneyland, but it's been almost a decade since I've been to WDW.

Regardless, we are looking forward to it. Expectations will certainly be different from our last trip but I also know there are many different ways to enjoy WDW. Definitely not nearly as much advanced planning as I am used to. 😃

My wife, son, father-in-law, and sister-in-law are headed for WDW the week before Thanksgiving.

My boy will be 4. I expect it to be an amazing trip. All I want is to find some good seats for fireworks. I'll buy a dessert party if it requires. I know Disneyland, but it's been almost a decade since I've been to WDW.

Welcome to you both!

I look forward to the hype/excitement train picking up steam in the next few months! Other that hotel and park reservations, I for one have intentionally not done much planning, with the intent that I would once we are 6 months out. So.... anxiously awaiting May to come :)

Welcome to you both!

I look forward to the hype/excitement train picking up steam in the next few months! Other that hotel and park reservations, I for one have intentionally not done much planning, with the intent that I would once we are 6 months out. So.... anxiously awaiting May to come :)
Train and steam. Makes me wish the train would be running. Somehow I doubt that'll be the case though.

I'm just joining this thread. We are thinking of booking a trip for November 16-23. It will be my youngest daughter's first trip to WDW and her 9th birthday would be during the trip. I am hoping more restaurants and attractions will be open by November. We are torn between scheduling in November or waiting until spring 2022 when things will probably be more "normal." What are your thoughts on what will be open by November? I know no one knows for sure, but just wondering what you think.

I'm just joining this thread. We are thinking of booking a trip for November 16-23. It will be my youngest daughter's first trip to WDW and her 9th birthday would be during the trip. I am hoping more restaurants and attractions will be open by November. We are torn between scheduling in November or waiting until spring 2022 when things will probably be more "normal." What are your thoughts on what will be open by November? I know no one knows for sure, but just wondering what you think.

I remember (selfishly) thinking in March 2020 that I was glad that COVID was happening then so that it would be "out of the way" by my planned trip in November 2020. As the summer went on and it was clear COVID wasn't going anywhere, I rescheduled the November 2020 trip to November 2021 because I thought there was NO WAY that restrictions would still be in place. Now, today, I fully expect to still have restrictions when I take my son there in 8 months.

If this whole process has taught me anything, its that we really have NO idea what this virus will do. I personally think that we are trending downward but there really isn't any way to know what the future holds. The US is vaccinating approximately 1% of the population every 3 to 4 days and that doesn't seem to be any slowing down. To put some more meat on those numbers, the US had vaccinated 7.8% of the population by Feb 1, 2021. The latest statistics for yesterday (Feb 28) was 14.9%. Those numbers may even accelerate up as the weather warms and more places become vaccination sites. Also, the winter storms of February surely slowed transportation of the vaccines, so I expect March's rise to be even higher.

Beyond all this, no one really knows what Disney's plan is. COVID numbers could be extremely low but they choose to keep restrictions in place. It's a waiting game at this point. My recommendation would be to book the November trip and monitor the situation as it gets closer. If there isn't enough "magic" (and only you can gauge this) for you yet, reschedule the trip to spring 2022 or later. At least this way you'll have something booked in the event there is the drastic change you're looking for.

My travel agent said to just assume that, at the time of your trip, everything will be the same as it is now. Then ask yourself if you would be ok with that. I am trying to decide that now.
My youngest daughter has never been to Disney or Universal, so she won't have any preconceived expectations. My sixteen year old daughter has been to both, but she will fine as long as there are rides to ride and that she gets to build a droid.
I don't have a problem with masks (although I wish they were allowed to be removed for pictures). We aren't big foodies so the lack of restaurants is not a big deal. I wanted my youngest daughter to experience one of the princess character meals, but I don't think it is a deal breaker.
Eight months is a lot of time and maybe things will get dramatically better. It is definitely unpredictable , though.

Hey guys and gals! We are set to arrive at Pop Century on November 13th through the 27th. While on our November, 2020 trip, my husband and I were lying in a hammock at Caribbean Beach when we turned to one another at almost the same time and said something to the effect "let's surprise the kids and book a trip for them as their Christmas gift". So, I did just that. We bought matching Magic Bands and found cute little trip journals to give to them. We were going to wait until Christmas to surprise them but couldn't wait so we sprang the news on them the weekend we got home. Our kids are grown and married but we still have Sunday dinner together at least three out of four Sundays. We told them to open the gifts that we bought them while at Disney. It took them a minute to figure it out but when they did, they were super excited. They won't be arriving until the 20th so my husband and I still get our couple's trip and we get a family trip as well.

I remember (selfishly) thinking in March 2020 that I was glad that COVID was happening then so that it would be "out of the way" by my planned trip in November 2020. As the summer went on and it was clear COVID wasn't going anywhere, I rescheduled the November 2020 trip to November 2021 because I thought there was NO WAY that restrictions would still be in place. Now, today, I fully expect to still have restrictions when I take my son there in 8 months.

If this whole process has taught me anything, its that we really have NO idea what this virus will do. I personally think that we are trending downward but there really isn't any way to know what the future holds. The US is vaccinating approximately 1% of the population every 3 to 4 days and that doesn't seem to be any slowing down. To put some more meat on those numbers, the US had vaccinated 7.8% of the population by Feb 1, 2021. The latest statistics for yesterday (Feb 28) was 14.9%. Those numbers may even accelerate up as the weather warms and more places become vaccination sites. Also, the winter storms of February surely slowed transportation of the vaccines, so I expect March's rise to be even higher.

Beyond all this, no one really knows what Disney's plan is. COVID numbers could be extremely low but they choose to keep restrictions in place. It's a waiting game at this point. My recommendation would be to book the November trip and monitor the situation as it gets closer. If there isn't enough "magic" (and only you can gauge this) for you yet, reschedule the trip to spring 2022 or later. At least this way you'll have something booked in the event there is the drastic change you're looking for.
Thank you for the advice.
We decided to go ahead and book the November 2021 trip. Now we will be at Disney November 13-20 and Universal November 20-23.
I bought travel insurance just in case, but I think we could all have fun even if the current restrictions are still in place.
At least by November, me, my husband, and 16 year old will almost certainly be vaccinated. That will put us more at ease about traveling.
I am very excited!

We’ll be at Ft Wilderness 11/6-13. We’re pulling our 5th wheel and DD and DSIL will drive our camper van, First trip with the new grandbaby who is due to arrive March 21! PawPaw and I will be doing a lot of babysitting. We’ll have the baby with us in the trailer ❤️

DD is my Disney buddy. What with just starting a new job and then saving her leave for after baby time she hasn’t been able to get away and I’ve missed her.

C436335B-5C29-43E0-BCAD-83E5BCAD9EF2.jpeg

We’ll be at Ft Wilderness 11/6-13. We’re pulling our 5th wheel and DD and DSIL will drive our camper van, First trip with the new grandbaby who is due to arrive March 21! PawPaw and I will be doing a lot of babysitting. We’ll have the baby with us in the trailer ❤

DD is my Disney buddy. What with just starting a new job and then saving her leave for after baby time she hasn’t been able to get away and I’ve missed her.

View attachment 560472
Ill be right next to you , lol. There is also a november 2021 thread in the camping at disney section. A few of us going down at that time. Make a disboard sign, ill have mine out, and post loop numbers. Then if you ride by stop in and say hi.

For everyone else, yea, not planning and uncertainty is diffrent for a disney trip. But i look at it this way, its better then staying home! Make the most of it. Hopefully they will have some new stuff for the 50th. And other threads had them testing fireworks. So lets hope some more stuff opens up by then. Fingers crossed!

I am very excited!

Great news! I sure hope we are transitioning to a new era of some normalcy returning. I think back to 8 months ago (since our trips are 8 months away) and there's SOOOO much different now, so much more knowledge, so much has changed.

I have to imagine that barring a major regression caused by a variant that things will be better by the time November 2021 rolls around.

We’ll be at Ft Wilderness 11/6-13. We’re pulling our 5th wheel and DD and DSIL will drive our camper van, First trip with the new grandbaby who is due to arrive March 21! PawPaw and I will be doing a lot of babysitting. We’ll have the baby with us in the trailer ❤

How exciting! Is it your first grandbaby?

With Texas going maskless, I wonder how long it will take Florida to follow suit. Pending that, if Disney will also say masks are the past. Not that I want to get politics involved in this thread, its just how I see it.

I can't imagine it'll be the same once everyone who wants one can get a vaccine by July. That's another 3-4 months of overlap. The mouse and every other company will have to recalculate the risks now that we have a working vaccine.

I'm interested to see what happens

With Texas going maskless, I wonder how long it will take Florida to follow suit. Pending that, if Disney will also say masks are the past. Not that I want to get politics involved in this thread, its just how I see it.

I can't imagine it'll be the same once everyone who wants one can get a vaccine by July. That's another 3-4 months of overlap. The mouse and every other company will have to recalculate the risks now that we have a working vaccine.

I'm interested to see what happens

That's a good question. Who knows what Florida and Disney will decide.

I was in Florida around Valentines Day (not at Disney) and was very surprised by how so few people wore masks in public. We visited some friends in Highlands County (90 minutes south of Orlando) and went to a restaurant and the entire waitstaff was not wearing masks. Masks were not required for patrons either. It was a bit jarring, coming from NY, which is still very restrictive.

Our friends had an issue with a credit card being stolen (unrelated to our trip) and two sheriff deputies came to the house. Neither deputy wore a mask into the house.

It seems to me that there would certainly be a "push" by some residents to eliminate the mask mandate in Florida but I could see Disney still requiring them even if they do, similar to what is being done in Texas where some companies are still requiring them.

We still have a LONG way to go to our vacations.

I’m in 6-13 bday trip with DD - doing Universal first - have not been in 20 years so looking forward to that !! Currently trying to get two more days at BC but doubt that will happen - stalking not working little hope on waitlist - so will end up with split stay - but all good glad to be going !! Looking forward to Food & Wine !!!

I'm in. We are going around Thanksgiving again this year. Hoping to get dates set this weekend!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter