November 17, 2012 TURKEY Cruise

Hi!

Just moved our dummy date booked while on this last 11 Day Holiday Magic cruise. Had a delightful Christmas in 2010 and looking forward to Thanksgiving in 2012 on a new ship. :thumbsup2

Caryn

:welcome: Welcome aboard Caryn. I'm sure we will all have an awesome cruise. Glad you can join us.

Bev

Hi everyone,

We are booked on this holiday cruise. It will be me (Beth), DH (Steve) and our twin daughters. Our girls will be turning nine on Thanksgiving Day so they will be super excited to consume their birthday cake on board a Mickey Boat!

Beth

:welcome: Welcome aboard Beth and Steve. What a great :cake::cake: birthday present. It'll be so much fun. Glad you are joining us.

Bev

:hug:
I'm pleased to report that my mom (who resides in Colorado) will be joining us on this 2012 Turkey Cruise. I told her if she wanted to help us celebrate her grand-daughters' birthday on Thanksgiving then she would have to pack her cruising clothes and join us on a Mouse Boat. We are very happy that our TA managed to book Gram Sue in a stateroom right next to ours. We are looking forward to checking out our aft balconies on deck 9!

Beth

Beth, that's great that your mom is joining you. My mom went on over 14 Disney Cruises with us. I got married :bride:on the Disney Wonder in May 2009 and my mom at age 91 was there. So was my best friend:hug: who is also on this cruise and talked me into going on this one. ;)The last cruise we did with my mom was Oct 2009. She had Alztheimer's and even though at home there were things that she didn't :confused3 remember, she remembered everything about being on the Disney Cruise. That was one of my best cruises. I am a Travel Agent and to me, the best part of personally vacationing and also booking people on vacations, is helping them to create everlasting memories to last a lifetime. My mom passed away on my 1st anniversary and even though she isn't physically here the awesome memories are. Cherish your family. Create the memories especially on this birthday cruise. Sorry I got carried away. I think it's awesome that your mom will be with you and her granddaughters to celebrate their birthdays.

Bev

We booked 3 6A's on deck 10 aft. We know about the restaurant, but loved the idea of the decks and we most likely won't be in the rooms much during the day. Hopefully we won't be too loud for your family!

I don't see the cruise on the website... what am I doing wrong?

:welcome: Welcome aboard. It's all about having fun. Don't worry about being too loud because the people on this thread will be visiting you on deck 10 and joining in on the fun. :rotfl2:

Bev

No worries about being loud as those walls and floors are pretty thick! We didn't hear anything from anyone on our last Disney cruise. We were tempted to book aft on deck 10 too as those balconies are huge! We went with deck 9 b/c of hearing about the scraping of the chairs in Cabanas but frankly we'd have gone with deck 10, had the room I wanted on 9 not been available. Another plus with deck 10 is that the laundry is fairly near. We will definitely be coming up the stairs to use those washers and dryers, instead of going all the way to the front of the ship for the laundry room on deck 9. The biggest complaints I've been reading about on the threads are from folks on deck 5 aft who were unhappy and unable to sleep b/c of the sounds coming up from evolution. Maybe DCL will respond and turn down the bass music in response to those complaints. I'm sure everything will be figured out by 2012!

I've been checking out all the new itineraries released today. We're very happy with the ones we've already booked. And I'm sure the prices will rise a good bit once they appear online for people to book w/o having to call or go through a TA!

Beth

When I did the Dream we were in the gift shop, and OMG, there was so much noise in there from the movie "Tron" that they were showing. I wouldn't book any of my clients above the movie theater or close by the theater. Since the Fantasy is the sister ship to the Dream, I'm sure it will be elegant too.

Bev

Just transferred my onboard dummy booking to this cruise this morning. We did the thanksgiving cruise in 2007 and loved it. With the addition of San Juan and the fact that it was over $1300 less than the same cruise over new years... seemed like a no brainer to me. It will be Me, DH, DD (17 when we cruise) and DS (14 when we cruise).

Looking forward to talking with everyone over the next 18 months!

:welcome: Welcome aboard Ginny. It'll be great seeing you and your family again. :) Did Disney do anything special for Thanksgiving since you did one in 2007?

Bev

Hi everyone and welcome to the TURKEY CRUISE. I'm sure now that prices have come out that there will be alot more families joining us. I am not good with computers b:surfweb:and would love to do a rooster lol, I meant roster of everyone so far but I don't have a clue how to do it. If everyone could send me their DIS name, real name, who else is traveling with them and ages of their children, I will attempt to do a roster. Also, who's in for fish extenders? I know we are. I'll put out a list for the people interested in FE's.
I hope I don't mess this up too much, after all, I'm a "Turkey". :rotfl2:

Hi everyone and welcome to the TURKEY CRUISE. I'm sure now that prices have come out that there will be alot more families joining us. I am not good with computers b:surfweb:and would love to do a rooster lol, I meant roster of everyone so far but I don't have a clue how to do it. If everyone could send me their DIS name, real name, who else is traveling with them and ages of their children, I will attempt to do a roster. Also, who's in for fish extenders? I know we are. I'll put out a list for the people interested in FE's.

We just booked this cruise yesterday! :cool1: It will be me (Dena), DH (Michael), our DD (Kaylee - 11 at the time of the cruise) and DS (Adam - will turn 4 on November 18!). We went on our first Disney cruise on the Magic in January, and now we are hooked! Please put us on the FE list, too! :goodvibes

Hi. Im Lindsay. YAY! Very Excited. I did that Disney Dream and it was AWESOME! Cant wait to do the aquaduck again.

Hi Bev ! Count me in for the FE.:thumbsup2 We are so excited to be cruising with you again and having Thanksgiving dinner with you.:)

We just booked this cruise yesterday! :cool1: It will be me (Dena), DH (Michael), our DD (Kaylee - 11 at the time of the cruise) and DS (Adam - will turn 4 on November 18!). We went on our first Disney cruise on the Magic in January, and now we are hooked! Please put us on the FE list, too! :goodvibes

Welcome Aboard Dena & family ! This is already turning into a GREAT cruise.

Hi. Im Lindsay. YAY! Very Excited. I did that Disney Dream and it was AWESOME! Cant wait to do the aquaduck again.

Hi Lindsay ! Welcome Aboard, so happy to see you again.:)

Just bumping the thread back up. Where is everyone ?:confused3 Hope everyone is having a nice weekend.:goodvibes

Hi Lindsay ! Welcome Aboard, so happy to see you again.:)

I hope i have someone to go with on this cruise if not its all good sometimes it nice being by myself.

Im doing the hawaiian cruise next april and didnt have anyone to go with because me and my bf broke up and now geez i cant believe who im stuck sharing a cabin with some disney craze person :rotfl2: just kidding. im glad to be sharing a cabin with an awesomely nice person who loves disney just as much as i do.

Gobble gobble.

I hope i have someone to go with on this cruise if not its all good sometimes it nice being by myself.

Im doing the hawaiian cruise next april and didnt have anyone to go with because me and my bf broke up and now geez i cant believe who im stuck sharing a cabin with some disney craze person :rotfl2: just kidding. im glad to be sharing a cabin with an awesomely nice person who loves disney just as much as i do.

Gobble gobble.

lol When I first started to read this I forgot which thread I was on.:lmao::lmao: I feel the same way.:goodvibes Who knows after sharing a cabin with me for 15 days you just might want to have a room to yourself for the next cruise. :rotfl2:

Happy Easter Everyone !
EasterMickey.gif

Today was weird weather in Virginia. Intermittent rain and high winds. Thankfully no tornados but plenty of storm warnings! I feel so bad for all of the families hit by tornados to our south. I hope all is well with everyone! :)

Today was weird weather in Virginia. Intermittent rain and high winds. Thankfully no tornados but plenty of storm warnings! I feel so bad for all of the families hit by tornados to our south. I hope all is well with everyone! :)

Very Very sad for all involved.:sad2: We were VERY lucky !!! Every 15 min. t.v was breaking into our weather guy. I was getting a little nervous.

Beth- Just realized your going on the Dream soon. Have a great cruise !!!!:wizard: Hope you will post some pics. on here when you get back.:)

Hello there!

We just got off the Dream yesterday and while on the ship, we booked Thanksgiving 2012 on the Fantasy. We've never booked a cruise this far out.

It will be dh and myself sailing. Looking forward to this one as the 3 nighter on the Dream was just way too short.

Thanksgiving 2011 we are booked on the Oasis of the Seas and last Thanksgiving we were on a 10 night Southern Caribbean cruise on the Emerald Princess.

Looking forward to getting to know ya'll.

Hey gang:wave2:

My family is also booked on this cruise! We sailed the 4-night Dream May 8th sailing. After doing the 3 night twice, then the 4 night we now realize that we need the full week. So we re-booked on-board and got the 10% discount as well as a nice OBC. I think it's $200.

Anyway, we are also in NY and while at first I was thrilled to see the NY itineraries, the pricing is too steep. And while I absolutely hate flying, I figured I'd rather go on the newest ship much more than the Magic at this point. We also have 3 kids, so needed to book 2 rooms on the Magic vs. just one on the Fantasy. So we booked an oceanview 8C and are pretty pleased with the price. I am wondering what the pricing was like when it first opened for booking a few months ago, hoping we are still ahead of the game with our re-booking incentives.

By the way- we had 31 family members join us on our Dream cruise, and some of them didn't like it. I felt so bad, since we were the first ones to book and pretty much convinced them all to join us. The ones who didn't love it aren't really huge Disney fans to begin with, but they also felt like they just didn't love cruising in general. As much fun as that was, I'm looking forward to this being a much more intimate time with my family. (my kids were so interested in what their cousins were doing that I barely saw them those 4 days)

I'm also looking forward to the new Aladdin show, the upgraded Animator's Palate, the Pirate's League onboard inside the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique and just having a whole new experience. I also can't wait to be able to say I've sailed on 3 out of the 4 DCL ships.

We may have to book that 2-nighter out of NY after all just to make it an even 4. lol... just kidding, cause that was almost $1000 for just 2 of us and I'm spending $5800 for 5 extra nights and 3 kids on top of that. I just can't justify the cost of the NY sailings.

Sorry this was so long, but I'm stuck in a hospital room and bored right now! Looking forward to meeting some of you on our Turkey cruise. Gobble Gobble :cool1:

We booked this cruise in early April, when it finally appeared online. A friend who is sailing with me rebooked us while she was onboard a few weeks ago, and I moved from an 11B to a 9A and the cruise fare was still $90 less, in addition to the onboard credit. I love vacationing during Thanksgiving. This will be fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter