November 12, 2006 11/12/06 Wonder

We're first time cruisers too. It will be my DH and our neighbor friend/adopted grandma who is 81! Any other old timers out there? When can we book excursions?
Also, is everyone else waiting to buy airline tickets until southwest dates are out?

Hi rodgers!! Welcome :wave2:

You can book excursions now--booking has been open since August 28 I think. We booked the dolphin encounter for Nassau. We booked our flights awhile ago--waiting for a good Southwest ding to lower our rate.

Bridget

So wait, you can book your airline ticket and then change it if the rates are lowered? How does that work? Can you tell I'm new at this LOL?

You can change your flight if a good ding fare comes up. Pull up your original reservation in a second window after going through most of the reserve process on the ding fare (you have to stop before you hit the purchase key). Then you cancel your original reservation and can then book the ding fare with your immediately available Southwest credit. If the flight times on your new reservation are the same as the original, you can ask for a refund on your credit card--if they are different you usually end up with some Southwest credit (good for 1 year). Savvy? If you're now sitting there like this :confused3 , go to the transportation board and do a search--that's where I originally got my info. :teeth:
Bridget

what excursions has everyone booked?
We have booked the Atlantis Tour in Nassau, and Stingray's in CC. I also booked Palo's for DH and I.

Thanks Bridgett. So there is no cancellation fee?
I think we'll be booking parasailing only. I just want to relax and enjoy the ship and its activities and the beach on CC. Anyone gone in November before? What kind of temperatures are we looking at?

minnieandmickey-- we booked the dolphin encounter in Nassau. We booked Palo too--we're going Tuesday at 8pm after DH gets his massage. I would have liked to go to Palo earlier, but his massage time was the only one I could get. If I can change onboard, I probably will. We're also doing Palo brunch at 11am on Wednesday. :goodvibes

rodgers--no cancellation fee on Southwest for changing your reservation. My DH thought about parasailing and says he wants to try, but he's deathly afraid of heights :scared1: . I don't know what he's thinking!! The average temp is high 70's to low 80's in Nassau/CC in November. Most posters have reported good weather.

We may try snorkling at CC--I'm not sure about that!!

Bridget

Just bumping this up. Anyone else? Might be a quiet ship from the looks of it. We have no excursions booked. We thought we might just grab a taxi to Atlantis to take a look around. For CC, we'll just do the beach thing. We are bringing our snorkeling gear. Nice and cheap.

We are doing the day before the cruise in WDW (Epcot) and the Mickeys Very Merry Christmas party the Friday after the cruise. Also might do a second day in WDW. Also gonna see some family for dinner one night after the cruise.

We fly home the Sunday after the cruise. We are saving on the excursions to be able to do the days at the world. Also we don't plan on doing anything else on board that costs money (spa, bingo, drinks etc)

See everyone there!
Kelly

We'll be at Epcot on Saturday too--and MK on Friday. We have to fly home right after the cruise.

Bridget

We will be joining all of you also! :wave: It will be me, DH, and DS 5. We are soo excited and badly in need of a vacation. This will be our first cruise and we just can't wait! We will also be staying a couple extra days to go to WDW (our 1st time). We usually go to Disneyland 10 times a year because it's only an hour away from San Diego and we have been bitten by the Disney Bug also :cloud9: I'm so glad to have found this site, I was looking all over for info on our cruise. Thanks for all your wonderful advice!

We will be staying in a category 9 in room #2052!

We are scheduled for late seating, but I am probably going to request the early dining schedule. Don't want DS to pass out during dinner :rotfl:

We're late seating - hope it works out!
I can't believe we are just a month away!! :bounce: I am beginning to get nervous! Don't want any regrets from lack of planning, you know.

Howdy everyone,
i am not going with you, I am going on the Wonder on 4/5, but I have some information to share with everyone who is cruising on the Wonder starting tomarrow.

On the main forum page there is a post titled :
BAD ENTERTAINMENT CHANGES ON THE WONDER
On it around post 10 are 2 letters from DCL that confirm what I am going to tell you.
Please check it out, dont take my word for it.

Basically DCL is NO longer going to have a house band on the Wonder.
That means: NO live music at the sailaway party, NO live music in the club, Wave Bands at night.
Instead you will have a DJ and recorded music.
I think DCL is trying to save a buck at our expense. We love the live music, it is something most people really look for ward to having on the cruise.

I figure if I wanted to listen to a DJ annd some CD's I can do that at home!!!

Anyway, if you feel you want the live music to continue, please take 5 minutes to write DCL and tell them. They do listen to their guests if enough people tell them what they want.
here is the address: dcl.guest.communications@disneycruise.com

If it doesnt matter to you, that is fine, I just wanted to help spread the word so those who want to try and get this changed will have the opportunity to do so before their cruise.

Either way, thankyou so much for reading my letter and thinking about what I have said.

Again, sorry about crashing your thread, but this is the only way I can tell people who are actually cruising on the Wonder.

Have a Magical cruise,

mom x4,grandma x4

ColoradoMom!! said:
We're late seating - hope it works out!
I can't believe we are just a month away!! :bounce: I am beginning to get nervous! Don't want any regrets from lack of planning, you know.

Sorry to crash your thread, I am not going on this cruise, but I am from Littleton too! I think you will like late seating. We had late seating on our first cruise and then got it changed to early. That really didn't seem to work well for us. We had late seating on our last cruise and it was much better. I don't know if it was the time change or what.

Oh yeah, our first cruise was a land/sea in 2004 and it was supposedly a "once in a lifetime" trip. Don't be surprised if you get hooked and find a way to cruise again. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter