Nothing to See Here...

Wow! Disappointing response from Disney no your complaints. I still haven't bothered to submit my complaints re: our dining experience, and now I don't know if I will bother. It makes me wonder if it really maks a difference to complain. Maybe if they receive enough?

You asked if we did dine with Shamu on our trip. We did. We decided the morning we got there to reserve a spot for dinner with Shamu. I'm glad we did, but wasn't impressed with the food. I was impressed it came with two beers per adult. (Not a beer drinker though, and I'm pregnant anyway. My DH had one.) The dessert selection was good too. The kid's offerings weren't bad. We had the worst table in the place--understandable since we just reserved seats that morning, but like my DH said, they shouldn't have any bad tables. It was still worth doing once.

I sound like a complainer, but I don't think I really am! I'm working on making online photo albums from our trip. Then I'll concentrate on the trip report. Stay tuned!

Can't wait to see your pics, too!

Wow! Disappointing response from Disney no your complaints. I still haven't bothered to submit my complaints re: our dining experience, and now I don't know if I will bother. It makes me wonder if it really maks a difference to complain. Maybe if they receive enough?

You asked if we did dine with Shamu on our trip. We did. We decided the morning we got there to reserve a spot for dinner with Shamu. I'm glad we did, but wasn't impressed with the food. I was impressed it came with two beers per adult. (Not a beer drinker though, and I'm pregnant anyway. My DH had one.) The dessert selection was good too. The kid's offerings weren't bad. We had the worst table in the place--understandable since we just reserved seats that morning, but like my DH said, they shouldn't have any bad tables. It was still worth doing once.

I sound like a complainer, but I don't think I really am! I'm working on making online photo albums from our trip. Then I'll concentrate on the trip report. Stay tuned!

Can't wait to see your pics, too!

\They should be bringing Mickey to the rooms to sing and dance for the guests!

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Sorry, for some strange reason I find this hilarious.

I am sorry that you got the "Yadda, yadda" response. I know how much you looked forward to your trip and to have some not great moments really sucks!! They should have done SOMETHING for you. :mad:

I am enjoying your TR, though. I can't wait for the pictures. :surfweb:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Sorry, for some strange reason I find this hilarious.

I am sorry that you got the "Yadda, yadda" response. I know how much you looked forward to your trip and to have some not great moments really sucks!! They should have done SOMETHING for you. :mad:

I am enjoying your TR, though. I can't wait for the pictures. :surfweb:

The image of bringing Mickey to the rooms to sing and dance for the guests IS amusing, isn't it?:laughing: Sing, dance, do card tricks, make dinner, play Scrabble with you - whatever it takes to justify spending that money to stay in the hotel!!:rotfl:

Yep, they gave me the ol' yada, yada...but what can you do? I complained and if they don't feel that many of their guests' complaints are valid (and it seems they don't), then I can't convince them otherwise:mad:

I am glad you are enjoying the TR, and I hope to have some pictures to add to it in a few days, with any luck!:) :goodvibes

At least they were willing to resolve part of the problem. I can assure you that if I ever have a problem with a resort room I will tell them then.

At least they were willing to resolve part of the problem. I can assure you that if I ever have a problem with a resort room I will tell them then.

Yep. Definitely! Even if you are only there for one night, if there is a problem for which you would like any kind of credit or compensation, or something that is urgent, then complain on the spot. And that could take a big chunk of time out of your one night visit and interfere with plans, but if you don't, we now see how they handle such issues even one day after you have left the resort. If no credit or compensation is necessary and the problem is not that urgent, then wait until you get home to complain. I guess I didn't think our problem was that urgent while we were there, but I didn't really have time to think because we were only there a short time and it seemed like we were busy with something every second and I am very big on not wasting precious time. So I didn't have the time to really consider whether or not I wanted any kind of credit or anything. As I have said, it was only when I got home that I had a chance to think about it further and I didn't think it would be a big issue for DLR to throw a small credit (not the full amount) back at me. I just assumed that was what hotels and restaurants do. And perhaps, if I had gotten in touch with a different Cast Member, he or she would have handled it differently than the one I got. That seems to happen, too. Different CMs do different things.

But the $35 in food vouchers will come in handy for something - either two meals at Carnation or one meal at Goofy's - so that is very valuable since DLR food is pretty costly!

Sherry, I just read your whole TR! Woo, go me!!!

Man, that's some crazy stuff about your meal vouchers. At least that $35 can be used for something!

I wonder why they won't do anything about your poopy water PPH issue? That's strange to me...

Sherry, I just read your whole TR! Woo, go me!!!

Man, that's some crazy stuff about your meal vouchers. At least that $35 can be used for something!

I wonder why they won't do anything about your poopy water PPH issue? That's strange to me...

Woo hoo! Thanks for reading the whole thing! Yay! I keep intending to get some pictures in there one of these days when I have time to upload, download, copy, paste and all that fun stuff!

I don't know why they (Guest Services) were quite SO rigid in not wanting to do anything in terms of a free meal or a credit for the hotel room with the poopy water, either. (The food vouchers are for the Carnation Cafe experience, and that was addressed after I returned home too.) I realize the BEST thing to do is complain while you are there, but if you don't have a good opportunity to do that and as long as you are not looking for a FULL credit back on what you spent, then I don't see why they can't do something after you get home and complain. I could totally understand them not wanting to budge if I said I wanted all of my money back, but that is not what I asked for or wanted. And I think other non-Disney hotels would have comped the guests something even if they complained after returning home. Another free meal or a $50 credit or whatever - something that would pacify or appease the guest but not be a huge loss to DLR! The only thing I can deduce is that maybe DLR is extra cautious now, because perhaps all kinds of crazy people fabricate situations or complaints about non-existent problems for the sole purpose of getting freebies?? DLR is probably hyper-sensitive to people's complaints - especially about something expensive like hotel rooms - because they have been sued and probably had to deal with a lot of frivolous, silly stuff that guests make up just to get free stuff. So the people with legitimate complaints, who have never complained to DLR about ANYTHING, pay the price for what all these lawsuit-happy guests have done!

Good luck :hug:

Thank you! I wish I could just snap my fingers and have everything miraculously work itself out without my having to brainstorm any further, but it will not work that way! It basically all comes down to, do I want to do one solo day in December and one day with friends without a hotel, where I may have to treat for a Park Hopper and food (since she just spent her last $3,000 on her truck) and still have to leave DLR early, OR do I want to abandon the plan with friends entirely and go for a nice hotel stay totally by myself a couple of weeks earlier? Honestly, I don't like either scenario 100%!!!:headache: :confused:

Sounds difficult!

If you will be able to pay your share (half? a third?) of 3 nights at GCH, what if you cut that down to just one night at PPH? Couldn't that turn out to be the same amount, meaning you could just pay for it (it could even be covered by the deposit you paid!) and not worry about others. Then your friends could go for one day or two, stay the night or not, and you wouldn't have to be tied to them at all, if you've figured out transportation (I still like the "get to LAX, take DL Express and back" idea).

Good luck, whatever you do!

How cute is that tree in Toontown !!! Great pictures Sherry :)

Thank you!:goodvibes I added pictures in the 4 beginning sections of the TR too! Lots o' pictures (though some you have already seen). And I am not done yet!

Yeah, I LOVE the decorations in ToonTown. I love that Mickey's house has its own little mini-tree outside!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter