Not so serious question, but kinda sweet....

I'm glad my DW and I aren't alone in the water works department. Some of our family and friends think we're a little over the edge with our Disney addiction any way.

There any number of times on each of our cruise I've welled up. I think the most heart warming time ever was on our Sept 04 voyage. Very long story, short version, delayed by hurricane Jeanne, best friends and their three daughters (our God daughters btw) were scheudled for a wish trip on the Wonder leaving the day after us :guilty: But because of the crazieness of the storm, changes in schedules and some special folks here on the boards and DCL, they were on the Magic with us. Their middle daughter had just come through a year of cancer treatment, she was about 10 or 11. She was healthy and pronounced cured. Sitting with her in the thearter watching her face light up at the showes just reduces me to a puddle every time.

Many folks had a few not so great things to say about that trip and the time leading up to it. For us it was a gift from God and memories we couldn't have planned for in a million years.

I could go on for pages as each cruise has had a least one very special moment, if not many, that sending me reaching for the tissues. That's why we keep coming back.

It would be easier to name what's not making me teary eyes lol...
About teary eyes =
Calling our name at terminal
Horn
sail away
Anytime I see mickeymouse ( I'm 45 )
shows
Pirate ( when mickwy slides down the rope )
fireworks
Till we meet again
Looking at some of my best pcs of cruise
and of course when I get on th DCL buses last morning because I know it's finished .......... :guilty: :sad2:

Oooh, who me?? Cry? No way :rolleyes1

So I'm not a big cryer - not like some of my gal pals, I'm a rock (no..really. Ok, maybe I've cried at a few long distance commercials.) I must admit before I went on the cruise the thought of crying over a ship would have made me go :rolleyes: .

But nothing, and I mean NOTHING can prepare you for that horn. I listened to the mp3 of it, called DH over to listen to it. I pronounced it "cool" and DH just said, "nice" and walked off. Yet when that horn sounded at the going away party, first goosebumps went all up my arms and legs and then I saw Mr. Stoic's eyes light up. Yep, and there went the waterworks.

On our ship there were two mentally handicapped ladies who were around 50 or 60. Everytime we saw them around the ship and at the table near ours at dinner they were having the time of their lives - gettin' down at the parties, and just so delighted everytime their waiters paid special attention to them at dinner. One night I thought, "you know, so many people might look at these ladies with pity, but unlike the rest of us at that age they are blessed with still being able to feel and express unrestrained joy and excitement. It is REAL magic to them." And THAT made me tear up.

Ok, and if I must admit it. We hauled off the ship as soon as we could on disembarkation so that we could visit DTD before our flight. I was being very rational and efficient with my time. :rolleyes: And yet, as I was walking down the gangplank off the ship, I was surprised to find that I was welling up. I've had lots of lovely vacations that didn't make me want to lay down kicking and screaming, refusing to be dragged away. But this one sure did.

I am sure in two weeks I will be blubbering...but for now, here is my Disney crying story...A few years ago, I got to fulfill one of my dreams...I was selected to dance down Main Street of Disneyland in the 3:00 parade. Ok...they made me dress like one of the hippos from Fantasia...but I made it my personal mission to find every person who was sitting along main street who did not have a smile on their face and wave until I made them smile...even the most bored 13 or 14 year old! At the end of Main Street as they gave us our pins for participating I started crying uncontrollably...I was so happy...wait...I'm crying now just remembering it. As for my other dream...well let's just say, I am 5' tall and I have always dreamed of having big black ears!

I luv this thread!

I am a male, and dont understand what their is to cry about. I have two boys, and have been on a cruise and did not see anything too shed a tear over. My wife feels the way I do. maybe on our next cruise over christmass on the magic it may be differnt.

corve77t said:
I am a male, and dont understand what their is to cry about. I have two boys, and have been on a cruise and did not see anything too shed a tear over. My wife feels the way I do. maybe on our next cruise over christmass on the magic it may be differnt.

Boy corve77t, you sure put a damper on this thread. I've seen plenty of men cry or at least tear up especially when they (the dad) sees the children in their life are truly happy such as when they finally meeting a favorite character. Men have even been known to cry because of happiness when winning the Masters, the Superbowl, or a gold medal in weighlifting. Those are tears of happiness. I hope someday you get to experience them...because it means you are experiencing the best feeling in the world!

corve77t said:

Come on, nothing made you misty eyes? Did you go on DCL or a different liner?
Even when watching one of you boys get so excited about seeing Mickey Mouse and when they actually get to hug him and they don't want to let go of Mickey? Watching your child's face as they stare at amazment at all the characters on the last evening...

Nothing???? :confused3

:teeth:

HiYaPal said:
I am sure in two weeks I will be blubbering...but for now, here is my Disney crying story...A few years ago, I got to fulfill one of my dreams...I was selected to dance down Main Street of Disneyland in the 3:00 parade. Ok...they made me dress like one of the hippos from Fantasia...but I made it my personal mission to find every person who was sitting along main street who did not have a smile on their face and wave until I made them smile...even the most bored 13 or 14 year old! At the end of Main Street as they gave us our pins for participating I started crying uncontrollably...I was so happy...wait...I'm crying now just remembering it.

Isn't is GREAT to be in a Disneyland parade ::yes:: I also danced with the Fantasia hippos, "Go Diva, Go Diva", and once with Baloo and King Louie.

I also got misty-eyed coming over the bridge and seeing the Wonder and hearing the horn....and a begillion times after that. I'm looking FORWARD to getting misty-eyes coming over the bridge and seeing the Magic and watching my little sister get misty-eyed over all the first time experiences of cruising with DCL!

Having our name called makes me misty-eyed. The shows always make me misty-eyed, too...something about the music and being on the ship! Gets me every time! :goodvibes

momof6innc said:
Kelly, I loved your trip report!! Everytime you mentioned tearing up, I'd think "Yup, I'd be crying there too!" I even said to DH, "Look, I'm NOT the only one!" Glad you had a magical time!

:goodvibes Thank you so much! Isn't it nice to know that we aren't the only one's with wet eye's and sunglasses on. :rotfl:

It was just so amazing for me...watching the excitement and magic through her eyes. The trip was so truly magical for us that even looking at pictures now I can get a little teary. The entire cruise I just couldn't believe we were actually there - just the two of us and everything was just perfect. :goodvibes

And any father (or mother too of course!) who gets teary over seeing the marvel in his children's eye's, and being so thankful that he was able to provide this for them and share the wonder, is a great guy in my book. Nothing wrong with a little love, magic, and emotion in my book. :thumbsup2

:wave: Kelly

So many misty eyed moments.... When we first see the ship from the window of the car.... when we first step on the ship.... when the horn blows.... seeing all of the excited kids with a character.... when we have to leave the ship....

my eyes fill up every time I think about our cruise and we haven't even gone yet :((

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter