• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Not so serious question, but kinda sweet....

There are 2 BIG ones for me (actually too many little "misty-eye" moments to mention...but 2 BIG actual tears moments...)

After all of the planning, all of the commotion of getting to the port, getting checked in, getting on board, etc., etc., etc...during the sailaway party, you hear the ship's horn, look over at your loved ones, and burst into tears because it's FINALLY REAL!!! We're really on the Mickey Mouse Boat!!!! :thumbsup2

And then on that last evening, as things are winding down from a busy fun day at Castaway Cay, taking your last peaceful moments alone on deck 10, as the sun is setting on the horizon, it hits you that it's almost time to leave...the tears flow yet again... :sad:

Those are the biggies for me...
-Christal

P.S. : *SIGH* And of course right now...I'm getting all teary just remembering those feelings. I really wish I were there... :rolleyes:

Two things got me last time: 1) Hearing the horn for the first time 2) Right before they started letting people off the ship the last day they played a "message from Mickey" and when he says "Hope to see you again real soon" I just lost it because I thought it would be a really long time before we were back (so glad it's only been a year...although this really is our last trip for a very long time so I'll definitely be bawling when we have to get off).

Thank goodness!!! Here I was thinking I was just a big blubbery crybaby!! So glad that I am not alone!! :sad: :sad:

Here are my misty moments:

- when i watched my kid's faces full of excitement upon takeoff in our plane (their first trip)
- when i saw their faces upon seeing the WONDER for the first time
- seeing my DS 6 hug Mickey upon arrival
- dinner the first night when the kids said, "this is the best trip ever!"

and last but not least - not just misty but goosebumps and actual tears....
-during the firework show
I looked up at that beauty and then down at my family and was so thankful that i was even here to experience this with them and to see their faces and expressions as they experienced this magic.

That SIGN with Mickey waving to you as you get off the ship "See you real soon". I thought I would pass out. I was so glad that we had a week at the parks to recover from that very moment. I felt terrible for the poor saps that were going to the airport instead of WDW. :rotfl:
Now on this trip - I will be a sap. I may need to blindfold myself and have DH lead me out of the atrium. It's going to be a very weepy scene.

Disney really knows how to set the tone so that you feel at ease getting emotional. I cry every time we walk under the trains onto Main Street at MK -I'm sure that I will cry again when I see the beautiful Christmas decorations put there just for me (okay, us) on the Wonder. It is a sight to see.

:) Ok I havent cruised yet...my first time...but I know that I will tear up..I already warned by DH. I told him, when I first see the ship, walk into the building to check in...walking onto the ship....going to our cabin..He cant wait.. ;)

We (dh & myselt) are traveling with 11 other people. I told them that I wanted to walk onto the ship after all of them, so when they announce us they will all be there to clap & cheer... :cheer2: :rotfl2: :lmao:

Denise :banana:

last year, when we went on our 4 night wonder cruise, i went to see disney dreams with my dd5. as the lights above lit up cascading through the theatre creating the illusion that tinker belle had tossed pixie dust on the ship and they show the ship on the big screen being surrounded by pixie dust, my daughter whispered over to me "mommie, we're flying, we're flying!!!" i just started tearing up and i do to this day whenever i tell anyone about the wonderful disney cruise experience. that they make a 5 year old think she can fly with just a little magic in her heart, it's priceless!!!

I will cry. That is one thing I know will happen on my DCL trip. Now at what-that's the unanswered question!

My dh's tearing up time was during a show they don't do anymore called Morty the Magician. Morty can't find his magic and all of a sudden the mouse himself shows up to give it to him Dh just lost it! I get weepy throughout the whole dang cruise, from beginning to end because I know we are blessed to be there! :goodvibes

kinseysmom said:
last year, when we went on our 4 night wonder cruise, i went to see disney dreams with my dd5. as the lights above lit up cascading through the theatre creating the illusion that tinker belle had tossed pixie dust on the ship and they show the ship on the big screen being surrounded by pixie dust, my daughter whispered over to me "mommie, we're flying, we're flying!!!" i just started tearing up and i do to this day whenever i tell anyone about the wonderful disney cruise experience. that they make a 5 year old think she can fly with just a little magic in her heart, it's priceless!!!

Oh, :sad1: Your story just made my eyes all teary, how very magical! I love seeing Disney and DCL through little ones eyes, it gets me everytime.

My 10 year dream of cruising DCL came true in April when my 2 sons and I sailed the 7 night Western. To make it even more special, I was able to cruise with my best friend and her family who live 3000+ miles away.

The tears started flowing without control as soon as we handed over our boarding card in the terminal and got in line for our embarkation photo. I pulled myself together as we boarded the magic and heard our name announced but quicly lost it again while making my Palo reservation. And again at the sail-away party. But the REAL tear jerker moment?? When the horn blew "when you wish upon a star". WOW!!!!

Everything was so magical especially being able to take this once-in-a-lifetime cruise with my two sons.

All of these are truly wonderful!!

I have to add the lighting of the Christmas Tree in December and when it snows in the atrium and on Castaway Cay.

I have to say I am a weepy one. Last cruise was my DD MAW trip so there was a lot of water works.
1st site of the ship
2nd walking into the atrium I was really crying (which upset my DS)
The horn (huge misting up)
many character greets
But the biggest was untill we meet again.

I definitely have my misty moments. Seeing the ship as we pull into port, walking on to the ship, going upstairs to eat at the buffet on the first day, Till We Meet Again, getting into our room for the first time. I bawl like a baby getting off the ship and at the end of Disney Dreams and leaving CC. I am teary eyed right now reading everyone's response and I have exactly 2 weeks until I get back on the Wonder.

I always tear up on DCL. Seeing my children enjoy themselves and seeing their faces light up during events, makes it happen every time. DW, always says are you crying again....and I'm like "no, i have something in my eye." :thumbsup2

One place I always end up crying that hasn't been mentioned is at the Cruise Staff show in Diversions on the last night (but maybe that is because I am always laughing so hard). :rotfl: :rotfl:

I am SOOO the teary one in the family!! I am so pathetic, gets worse with every pregnancy. Even DH gets caught getting teary-eyed (blames it on my pregnancy hormones!).

This cruise in December will be with my sister's family and it will be the first time the cousins see Mickey Mouse. I thought of that the other day in the car and had to immedately call my sister "I'm warning you right now that I WILL cry the first time the kids see Disney" This was a conversation out of the blue, sis was a bit confused but then laughed.

OH, graduation, when we walk through the Mickey ears on to the ship, when they announce our names and we're really there, when we get that first group photo! The whole first day!!!!

And this tearing up is not limited to passengers. My dad took my DD, age 6, to see the Queen of Hearts. When the Queen saw my DD's MAW button (DD's the MAW kid in our family), Dad told me he could have sworn he saw the Queen crying. She took alot of time playing with DD and making her feel special. Dad was very impressed with the Queen and even now two years later speaks of her.

Kelly, I loved your trip report!! Everytime you mentioned tearing up, I'd think "Yup, I'd be crying there too!" I even said to DH, "Look, I'm NOT the only one!" Glad you had a magical time!

misseulalie said:
Ok, let's be honest...While cruising on DCL, have you noticed a moment where your eyes get a little "misty" and a few happy tears start flowing?
This may be a question for the ladies as I'm sure no man would want to answer. ;) Though.... I will give bonus points to any man who is willing to post!

My answer; Yes, when we board the ship and they say our name as I'm watching my children look around in amazement. The first few moments on the ship aways get to me :blush:

I guess I have one more...At the kid's graduation: as they are showing the pictures of the kids on the big screen with the music in the background. It kinda reminds me that in 13 years, my DD will be graduating for real! :rolleyes:
Calling all single men ages 30-50! :rolleyes1 If you have answered this questioned please proceed to the "Disney Singles Forum". :grouphug: Thank you in advance for your courage and honesty.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter