Noochez's PJ - WP/GF - March 27, 2008 - Wedding Coordinator assigned

noochez

Mouseketeer
Ok, so I have been reading a lot of PJ's and TR and love reading about everyones wedding plans and weddings. So, I decided to start my own PJ.

The Cast:
Bride - Dena, I am 32 years old and originally from So. Florida. I have lived in Georgia for the last 11yrs, but Florida will always be home. I grew up going to Disney for our family vacations. I don't think there was a year that we didn't go!

Groom - Chad, 30 years old, born and raised in Georgia. Newly converted Disney Fan, thanks to me!

Our Story:
Chad and I worked in the same department but different areas. We were set up by 2 mutual friends who thought we would be perfect together. We had our 1st date December 30, 2003. We did celebrate New Years Eve together, and then had our official 2nd date on Valentines Day. Well then that was it until the fall of 2004. We would go out in a group of friends, but nothing on our own. Then in November of 2004 we finally started going out on our own.

Our Engagement:
We did not have your traditional engagement. We actually started talking marriage the end of last year. We love to travel and do so frequently, our favorite places to go...Las Vegas and of course Disney. So, when we started talking marriage it only seemed fitting to look at getting married in Las Vegas or at Disney. Well, I really had my heart set on Disney, but wasn't sure how he felt about it and if we could afford it. Then one day I caught him on the Disney Wedding website playing with the Wish Book and getting excited about. So Disney it would be, now we just had to decide on a date. We decided on March 27, 2008 and exactly one year before our Wedding Date we contacted Disney to start the ball rolling, still no ring, but we considered ourselves engaged.

Now for the "proposal", on May 10, 2007 we went out to Las Vegas, I knew what we were going out there for, so no surprise. He proposed to me in our Hotel room. Some friends of ours were out there as well and we met up with them for drinks and celebration. We went to the Voodoo lounge on the 51st floor of the Rio (it has a great view of the strip) and had a couple of drinks. Then we went down stairs were there was a Limo waiting for the 4 of us and took us around the Strip and down to Freemont Street. We had a great time!

Wedding Stuff:
So, thanks to this website I found a lot of good ideas and I decided to make my own Save the Date magnets to include with the STDs Disney will send out. Well I did this about 2 weeks ago and was so excited about how my trial turned out. So, I had about 60 made and then decided to look at them, I spelled 2 words wrong!! I was so upset, so I had to start all over again. This time I made sure the spelling was correct before I started over.

Then, July 27 couldn't come soon enough. I was so anxious to get my contract. I got home from work and there was the email :) , now if I could only open the attachment!! Well I had to forward it to work in order to try and open it. I got to work on Saturday and was finally able to open the attachments, YAY!!! So, I sent the contract and deposit back on Monday, I sent it priority. Yesterday I get a call, they received my contract. So, now I just have to wait to get my WC assigned to me.

We are very anxious for that, as we are already starting to plan for a trip at the end of September and would love to have our PS at that time.

Well I hope I didn't bore anyone? I am addicted to this board and have enjoyed it so much!! If I can figure out how to attach photos, I will attach some at a later date.

Thanks for reading!

event.png

Congrats! Looking forward to reading more. Have you started looking for a dress yet? What type of wedding?

Can't wait to hear more. I'm a fellow Georgian. We live right outside Atlanta, towards Athens. And, I'd be at Disney every single day if I could.

PJ cont...

Wedding Details:

March 27, 2008 - Wedding Pavilion, reception at Grand Floridian.

We are thinking about doing a DP as a welcome party for our guests on the 26th. We are also going to try and go to a Braves Spring Training game. We have gone to Spring Training games for the last 3 years and would like to try and plan a group event to a game.

We are having a custom wedding, we are planning on about 75 to 100 people.

Currently I have a Matron of Honor, Maid of Honor, Bridesmaid and Flower Girl. We also have a Best Man and 2 groomsman.

The Best Man is my DF's brother. We decided to play a joke on him and tell him that the groomsmen were going to dress up as the Seven Dwarfs (my favorite). I didn't think he believed us, but he was very sweet on the phone when we told him. We told him we were going to give him first pick because he was his brother. Turns out after we hung up the phone with him, he went and complained to his wife and even called his parents. His mom finally had to tell him that we were just kidding. He still didn't believe her. He finally did.

We have reserved Misty Miotto as our photographer.

We have looked into having Rev Jack Day marry us, however, DF's best friend is a Minister and we are thinking about having him marry us.

I have gone twice to look at wedding dresses and have it narrowed down to 4. I need to decide by the beginning of October.

Ok, so I'm going to try to post a picture, I guess we will see how that works!

photo

If the picture comes through, this is a picture of us in the Limo in Las Vegas after we got "engaged"

event.png

Well, I have just been assigned my wedding coordinator! I hadn't heard anything so I called Heidi and she told me my wedding coordinator is going to be Michelle Gilhooly. Has anyone had her?? I spoke with her assistant today and said that Michelle had a wedding today, so she would probably call me on Monday. I am anxious..and am ready to start planning!

I was also told that my guests should start receiving there save the dates next week!!

We finally decided on our officiant, we initially contacted Rev. Jack Day and he had us penciled in for our wedding date, however we have decided to go with my DF's best friend who is a minister. We are very excited about this.

I had assumed we would use Disney Videographer, however after reading about Stan from STVS and seeing some of the videos, we are considering going with Stan.

Not much more to report. I'm still trying to figure out how to post pictures. Here it goes again with another attempt!

noochez

event.png

Your plans sound great so far, can't wait to see pics! :) Sorry you're having a problem with this, it took me ages to work out how to do it! :confused: I usually upload the pics to photobucket.com or rockyou.com then just copy (ctrl+c) and paste (ctrl+v) the link in your post.

Hope that helps!

CarolAnn.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter