Noob question

JenniferYoung44

Mouseketeer
I want to submit a 10k POT for the princess half. How do I know if the race I’m running is “official” enough? Are there certain criteria? Or is any race that will post an online time acceptable? The race I’m looking at uses RaceRoster for registration. I’m guessing they handle the scoring too?

I want to submit a 10k POT for the princess half. How do I know if the race I’m running is “official” enough? Are there certain criteria? Or is any race that will post an online time acceptable? The race I’m looking at uses RaceRoster for registration. I’m guessing they handle the scoring too?
From the runDisney website:
We do not accept relays, self-timed, training, trail runs or virtual runs as proof of time. Proof of time must be provided by the participant for each individual race from an officially timed 10K, 12K, 15K, 10-Mile, Half Marathon or Marathon race reflecting results within the last 2 years.

As long as the race posts results online and it's not a virtual race, you should be good. I've submitted a POT for marathon weekend that was not chip timed and not a USATF certified course. Seems odd that they exclude trail runs.

I used a trail HM two years ago as a POT, so either they changed the rules or are inconsistent in their enforcement. My guess is that for relatively slow POT's, they just give the online results a very quick glance and move on to the next runner.

I used a trail HM two years ago as a POT, so either they changed the rules or are inconsistent in their enforcement. My guess is that for relatively slow POT's, they just give the online results a very quick glance and move on to the next runner.

Inconsistent is runDisney's middle name ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!